Random picture thread. (Real photos rather than AI please)

Go to CruxDreams.com
This reminds me of that age old question.... when dropping your toast, why does it always land buttered side down? :roto2gay:

View attachment 1476167
A combination of weight distribution and aerodynamics! The buttered side has slightly more weight - because of the butter, of course! So, the center of gravity is at the buttered side! Add to this the smoother surface of the buttered side, compared to the rough unbuttered side, the latter exerts more drag, bringing the unbuttered side even more on top. For giving influence to other forces, that could flip it over again, the drop height is too short :roto2nuse:

And if you are not convinced : ask Murphy (the one of The Law):icon_tfno:

A combination of weight distribution and aerodynamics! The buttered side has slightly more weight - because of the butter, of course! So, the center of gravity is at the buttered side! Add to this the smoother surface of the buttered side, compared to the rough unbuttered side, the latter exerts more drag, bringing the unbuttered side even more on top. For giving influence to other forces, that could flip it over again, the drop height is too short :roto2nuse:

And if you are not convinced : ask Murphy (the one of The Law):icon_tfno:
This is clear evidence that Murphy's Law is valid indefinitely. The proof works even better if you have a light-colored carpet and a strongly coloring jam.

The very fact that this mystery has finally been solved here on CF, is clear evidence that certain members here have waaaaay too much time on their hands.

Bikes and girls, eh? Reminds me of that time at Cruxton Abbey. I was just finishing my eggs and b for breakfast in Wragg's well appointed dining room, when I heard a noise outside the window. It sounded like a motor at high revolutions and it was getting closer. @bobinder ran into the room at that point saying something about how his motorcycle was missing. We both ran for the door. Apparently @Wragg had heard the noise as well because he was a good 20 feet ahead of us and racing for the front door. He flung it open and charged outside. I got to the door with Bob at my heels and had my phone out to catch the culprit on camera. There was an unholy sound of the motor, tires on gravel and a thud, just as I got the shot.

I expect this is probably the last thing Wragg saw before we had to carry him back indoors to check for broken bones and administer the standard medicinal large whisky.
37764.jpglittle-caprice-12-800x1200.jpg

Bob took @Barbaria1 downstairs to the "recreation room" where the sound of a whip and some screams suggests that he's emphasizing the need to ask before borrowing other people's rides.

The very fact that this mystery has finally been solved here on CF, is clear evidence that certain members here have waaaaay too much time on their hands.
The same can be said about certain members who invent such questions and post them here! :p

Let's blame it to the high-quality educational level of CruxForums, thanks to the effort of all its members!:deal::enamorado:

The same can be said about certain members who invent such questions and post them here! :p

Let's blame it to the high-quality educational level of CruxForums, thanks to the effort of all its members!:deal::enamorado:
I suppose you're right, especially considering I already knew the answer. :roto2gay:

These classics will need some work.
IMG_7030.JPG

These were a bit late getting to the dealer.
417af821de1d8dafdb3b42df84facee8.jpg

Another gas and brake pedal confused driver.
(I will mention no names here.)
a211484d7596c68de6eb3b1335a7ce2e.jpg

Certainly no confusion here.
dg78y5a-b98ab169-5e15-4245-ae1f-04e258fe0bf8.jpgmila_hamac_2_by_pirateghost79_ddr9gjp-fullview.jpg

7.62x51 should have no trouble piercing the elephant armor
Good question. Six spaced hits of 7.62x51mm NATO FMJ M80 at a velocity up to 2780ft/s can be stopped by armor plates with protection level III . Usually the limit is about 6 mm thickness but on the market you can find Level III ballistic steel plates of only 5 mm (.21").
I'm not sure how thick the elephant armor is but during the WW I some armour were tested. Really uncomfortabe with a weight of some 20 kg (same as a full medieval armour) but able to stp a british .303 bullet... here british, french and german solutions
brewster 303 british 2700 feet.jpgFrench_cuirass_of_WWI.jpgmain-qimg-912961bd34e8a9209a4c80e84eab50bd-pjlq.jpg

Last edited:
Good question. Six spaced hits of 7.62x51mm NATO FMJ M80 at a velocity up to 2780ft/s can be stopped by armor plates with protection level III according to NIJ standard. Usually the limit is about 6 mm thickness but on the market you can find Level III ballistic steel plates of only 5 mm (.21").
I'm not sure how thick the elephant armor is but during the WW I some armour were tested. Really uncomfortabe with a weight of some 20 kg (same as a full medieval armour) but able to stp a british .303 bullet... here british, french and german solutions
View attachment 1476815View attachment 1476816View attachment 1476817
The nij is for Kevlar, and ancient metallurgy was crappy at best. May stop one round but multiple rounds any type of armor would fail quickly

Good question. Six spaced hits of 7.62x51mm NATO FMJ M80 at a velocity up to 2780ft/s can be stopped by armor plates with protection level III . Usually the limit is about 6 mm thickness but on the market you can find Level III ballistic steel plates of only 5 mm (.21").
View attachment 1476815View attachment 1476816View attachment 1476817
It reminds me of Clint Eastwood in "Pour une poignée de dollars" (Per un pugno di dollari, A Fistful of dollars).

Dlxw.jpgx1080.jpg

Back
Top Bottom