Removing Text Enhancers

Go to CruxDreams.com
T

The Fallen Angel

It was recently reported that some messages from members contained hyperlinks. There was a suggestion that the site may be infected..this is WRONG. If you see hyperlinks in messages then you need to remove the malware from YOUR computer. The good news is that it is a very simple process.
Example..Firefox

Go to
Tools>Add Ons>Extensions>

If you see something like Bcool 1.0 then click Remove
As simple as that. You don't need to run antivrus etc to get rid of it. For a full explanation and list then visit

http://botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-text-enhance/

Thanks.
In said case I did send a PM that looked fine on my side but had hyperlinks included on the receiving side.
What made it strange: Just one message was "infected" and resending it with the same "key-words" didn't cause the hyperlinks to be displayed again, as one would expect from "Text Enhance".

So one possible reason was some script on the server that would insert those hyperlinks and the other option was an infection on the receiver side.
Both tracks were followed but it turned out to be a computer infection. (I don't know what).

Needs to be added that "Text Enhance" is just one of many possible reasons for such a behaviour and that there are also other mechanisms, scripts, viruses, other malware and also hacked websites that may cause similar stuff.

So it is anyway a good idea to have a current Antivirus, a firewall with all unused ports closed (unlike factory settings) and also some anti-malware program like malwarebytes.org.
But it's never excluded that the server may be compromised as well.

Only going by what people who understand these things have told me - removing stuff like that from your browser doesn't mean you've got it out of your system. It will still be there on your hard disk and could be a source of further trouble in time.

ABSOLUTELY true Hon! Why EVERYONE needs an anti-virus program, AND several Malware programs! I use AVG free, spywareblaster, Spybot search and destroy, and Malwarebytes. In 35 yrs, I've only had to redo a sytem 3 times!
Most folks don't know about the immunization featue in spybot btw... try it?
IT my profession, pays my mortgage and then some!

Not tried this yet but is probably worth a look.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/
ABSOLUTELY true Hon! Why EVERYONE needs an anti-virus program, AND several Malware programs! I use AVG free, spywareblaster, Spybot search and destroy, and Malwarebytes. In 35 yrs, I've only had to redo a sytem 3 times!
Most folks don't know about the immunization featue in spybot btw... try it?
IT my profession, pays my mortgage and then some!

There is a tutorial that goes with Spybot....mostly unread I guess.

Back
Top Bottom