Slave Coffle

Go to CruxDreams.com

Emarukk

Assistant executioner
The raiding party is returning from the borderlands. The campaign has been a success, and the load is full of valuable loot. Few young people were taken as slaves rest were left behind as a pray for other hunters. Villagers have now learned that taxes must be paid or they are not safe. Next village will pay withe pleasure and hand over few of their young as slaves for the Kingdom of the roads.

Emarukistan is not really any kind of kingdom... it is a collection of city-states that make deals and wars with each other. The most powerful force is the one that rules the roads between cities.

2020-01-10-Evening-Coffle-Picture-2-EM.jpg

I enjoy imagining my place in Emarukk’d art. In this one I am the last one in the coffle, tired of trudging along in the heat of the dessert and wondering why the village elders had elected to hand me over to the raiders. Why me? I didn’t think I was that much of a nuisance.

I enjoy imagining my place in Emarukk’d art. In this one I am the last one in the coffle, tired of trudging along in the heat of the dessert and wondering why the village elders had elected to hand me over to the raiders. Why me? I didn’t think I was that much of a nuisance.
The last one is a real beauty. She is in sorrow because she is not sure what happened to her family. Her brother walks in front of her, and both of them were given to the raiders. Maybe her father was a threat to the elders of the village? Later we will see her sitting in an oasis deep in her thoughts.

The raiding party is returning from the borderlands. The campaign has been a success, and the load is full of valuable loot. Few young people were taken as slaves rest were left behind as a pray for other hunters. Villagers have now learned that taxes must be paid or they are not safe. Next village will pay withe pleasure and hand over few of their young as slaves for the Kingdom of the roads.

Emarukistan is not really any kind of kingdom... it is a collection of city-states that make deals and wars with each other. The most powerful force is the one that rules the roads between cities.

I always like the golden light that bathes everything in Emarukistan .. as if it’s always late afternoon.. the sun just going down. It gives your scenes a magical and exotic quality

I always like the golden light that bathes everything in Emarukistan .. as if it’s always late afternoon.. the sun just going down. It gives your scenes a magical and exotic quality
It is a choice I made. I try to present Emarukistan always in that warm light and in the north (nordic series) it is cold blue light or rainy. I was watching CSI Miami or something similar where they presented south and north that way and got the idea. There are few mid-day images. but not many.

It is a choice I made. I try to present Emarukistan always in that warm light and in the north (nordic series) it is cold blue light or rainy. I was watching CSI Miami or something similar where they presented south and north that way and got the idea. There are few mid-day images. but not many.
It’s a good choice then... I can imagine a similar light bathing Barsoom and Gor.. warm and a little dusty.. perfect for sword-and-sorcery epics teeming with sexy slavegirls. :babeando: :enamorado:

Well done!! . I can see myself in that line , worried about what will happen next.

Back
Top Bottom