Votes: 21 33.9%
  • No: 4

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • No: 5

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Go to CruxDreams.com
Makes sense. Women always make you wait.

He did indeed. In 1988 he sued a Dutch theater company to block them from staging an all female production. He lost and then tried to ban any productions of his work in the entire Netherlands.
Beckett was insistent that he works had to be performed exactly as written including details of casting and stage direction and opposed any other interpretations. His estate, now managed by his nephew, is even more protective.
Hm - I knew he was very fussy about following his stage directions, he obviously visualised exactly how his works should 'look' on stage. It hadn't occurred to me that the sex of the actors was part of that, but I suppose it's consistent.

A little something from my recent hospital stay due to Avian Flu. Notice the icon mounted on the wall directly below the clock opposite my bed. It struck me as being nearly identical to the logo on our CF flag. It was a welcome reminder of my friends here and encouraged me to get better. If my pretty young nurses only knew..... :devil:

20221214_132641redd.jpg

Last edited:
A little something from my recent hospital stay due to Avian Flu. Notice the icon mounted on the wall directly below the clock opposite my bed. It struck me as being nearly identical to the logo on our CF flag. It was a welcome reminder of my friends here and encouraged me to get better. If my pretty young nurses only knew..... :devil:

View attachment 1263493
That reminds me of an early experience (I mentioned it in my mini-autobiog 'Girly Games' soon after I joined CF 12 years ago) - when I was still a bairn I was hit with acute appendicitis while on holiday with my parents in Spain. I was taken into a hospital, and parked on a trolley under a huge, life-sized, brightly-painted crucifix. I looked up and saw a large bleeding gash in the Lord's right side - 'Jesus!' I thought, 'Did they take out your appendix?'

That reminds me of an early experience (I mentioned it in my mini-autobiog 'Girly Games' soon after I joined CF 12 years ago) - when I was still a bairn I was hit with acute appendicitis while on holiday with my parents in Spain. I was taken into a hospital, and parked on a trolley under a huge, life-sized, brightly-painted crucifix. I looked up and saw a large bleeding gash in the Lord's right side - 'Jesus!' I thought, 'Did they take out your appendix?'
Imagine, we have it all wrong about crucifixion during Roman times! It was not an execution method, it was part of a surgical procedure and was intended to immobilise the patient! :facepalm: :doh:

Back
Top Bottom