The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
We need a bit more coffee being served in here. Where are those slave girls? This is supposed to be a coffee shop.
View attachment 653482View attachment 653483View attachment 653485
The girls seem to be taking a break. :eek::doh::azote:

View attachment 653484:very_hot:
I really like that table. :rolleyes::cool:

I think people go to coffee shops to sort out their deep thoughts on topics that they wish to solve. It makes me wonder what the 3rd girl is thinking. I would be more than happy to offer my services as a mentor to help her out :)

That would get me up (HeHe) in the morning!

Shameless plug for Revenge of the Pulps

"Thrills! Action! Suspense! Cookies!!"

Santa was a Lesbian

Santa My Deadly

And (as they always say) much much more!

Literary Classics now in Pulp!

Today is the anniversary of the execution of the inspiration for Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS.

While we enjoy in fantasy the torture of prisoners, the story of this 22-year old monster should not be forgotten.

On December 13, 1945, Irma Ida Ilse Grese, age 22, was executed in accordance with her sentence of death for the crime of committing War Crimes (Crimes Against Humanity) for her service as a concentration camp guard at Ravensbruck and Auschwitz Nazi death camps during World War II.

https://www.historyandheadlines.com...hyena-auschwitz-aka-beautiful-beast-executed/

I hope this coffee shop can make me a good fry up and a brew up of tea while we ponder this I've been given:

A two-letter word in English has more meanings than any other two-letter word, and that word is 'UP.' It is listed in the dictionary as an [adv.], [prep.], [adj.], [n], [v].

It's easy to understand UP, meaning toward the sky or at the top of the list, but when we awaken in the morning, why do we wake UP?

At a meeting, why does a topic come UP? Why do we speak UP, and why are the officers UP for election and why is it UP to the secretary to write UP a report? We call UP our friends, brighten UP a room, polish UP the silver, warm UP the leftovers and clean UP the kitchen. We lock UP the house and fix UP the old car.

At other times, this little word has real special meaning. People stir UP trouble, line UP for tickets, work UP an appetite, and think UP excuses.

To be dressed is one thing but to be dressed UP is special.

And this UP is confusing: A drain must be opened UP because it is stopped UP.

We open UP a store in the morning, but we close it UP at night. We seem to be pretty mixed UP about UP!

To be knowledgeable about the proper uses of UP, look UP the word UP in the dictionary. In a desk-sized dictionary, it takes UP almost 1/4 of the page and can add UP to about thirty definitions.

If you are UP to it, you might try building UP a list of the many ways UP is used. It will take UP a lot of your time, but if you don't give UP, you may wind UP with a hundred or more.

When it threatens to rain, we say it is clouding UP. When the sun comes out, we say it is clearing UP. When it rains, the earth soaks it UP. When it does not rain for a while, things dry UP. One could go on and on, but I'll wrap it UP, for now . . . my time is UP!

Oh . . . one more thing: What is the first thing you do in the morning and the last thing you do at night?
U
P

Did that one crack you UP?

Don't screw UP. It's UP to you. Now I'll shut UP!

and I'll never worry about non-English speakers making a cock up of the language

Before the let up allows this gem to corrode, it could be noted,
"HEADS UP!" almost always means "DUCK!"

"HEADS UP!" almost always means "DUCK
Well, "up" is the most ridiculous word in the English language. You can look up, or look up something in a book, or look up a skirt, or get it up, or zip up, clam up, trip up, step up, jup up, climb up, rise up, shack up, spit up, throw up, line up, toss up, spit up, go on a piss up, or pass up, etc. Apparently a lot of new English speakers get quite fed up.

Well, "up" is the most ridiculous word in the English language. You can look up, or look up something in a book, or look up a skirt, or get it up, or zip up, clam up, trip up, step up, jup up, climb up, rise up, shack up, spit up, throw up, line up, toss up, spit up, go on a piss up, or pass up, etc. Apparently a lot of new English speakers get quite fed up.
You missed the most important expression in this discussion of UP:

SHUT UP!:BoredSmiley:

These two little words have been one my first english words! Back when I was 12 or 13, my aunt, who had married a canadian, visited and "Shut up!" was every second word to her kids.
Every parent hates overusing that futile command, but every one does!
It's like when you teach your child "no" so you can instruct them to avoid danger and that they can't always get what they want.

Then they learn to use it back, and everything you try gets the simple response, with lower lip stuck out, "NO!"

Does this coffee shop serve cocktails?

I only ask because a friend sent me a thought-provoking picture.
To put it into context for the non-Brits in the shop, people from the south of England think that people from the north (and from Wales and Scotland) are uncouth, uneducated peasants. A common phrase which sums it up (I wish he would drop this 'UP' nonsense) is "It's grim up north!"

so this picture pie.jpg is meant to rile us up north.

Personally I prefer a pint to something orangy-sweet, and as for a pork pie over a slice of cucumber, at least it's human food not rabbit food.

So if we fancy something alcoholic served by our delightful, nubile wenches, is it to be a pretensious, fruit-filled, concoction of ice, syrup and a splash of liquor? Or a pint (half liter or in Germany one litre) of beer/ shot(s) of hard spirit?

We already have two answers on other threads, Seagrams for Tree and Old Speckled Hen for Wragg. It's Old Peculier (sic) for me. Anyone else ordering, my round?

Back
Top Bottom