The Rebel Captain, Captured

Go to CruxDreams.com
Sophie Greene crouched, silently, next to a tall tree deep in the forests of northern Caledonia. Dusk approached, and she felt confident that the government’s soldiers would not be able to see her from the narrow road that wound through the thick fauna.

Sophie – Captain Greene, to the small band of rebels she led – tried to control her heart rate, pounding with adrenaline. It had taken her weeks to set up this ambush, once her spies had learned that the King himself would be coming this way at the very end of the summer.

It would not be easy to capture or kill the sovereign, she knew that, but an opportunity this golden had not come around in the three years that the rebel forces had conducted their guerilla war. Her commander had agonized before giving the green light, ultimately committing the entire Black Squad – just over three hundred soldiers – to Sophie’s carefully planned operation.

Sophie had always been a true believer. Even as a member of the upper class, she could not stand that Caledonia was still a kingdom. And she had chafed since she was old enough to read at her homeland’s draconian society, including the use of slave labor. Just 18 when this most recent uprising began, she barely hesitated for a moment before venturing into the woods and joining the rebellion. Her bravery, passion, and tactical brilliance earned her command of her own squad within twelve months.

Twelve months after that, she became captain of the Black Squad, the most elite unit in the rebel militia. Her exploits with the Squad – defeating the King’s men in skirmish after skirmish in the forests – had become legendary across Caledonia. Even though she was not the rebellion’s political leader, or even its most high-ranking officer, it was her face emblazoned on the PUBLIC ENEMY NO. 1 posters plastered over every storefront in the capital city. Every person in Caledonia knew her striking appearance – close-cropped dark brown hair, piercing green eyes, and angular cheekbones – whether they loved her or hated her.

Not that she was recognizable at the moment. Sophie had covered her face with green and brown paint, and in her combat fatigues she hoped to blend in to the natural terrain around her.

This small group of soldiers, just twelve in total, were scouts. Sophie’s intel had reported that an advance unit of the King’s Guard would be about one mile ahead of the main party, looking ahead for threats. She hoped to confirm the layout of the traveling parade in order to finalize the plan for the ambush, which was being prepped further down the road. Sophie knew the commander of the King’s Guard to be a thoughtful, crafty enemy, and she would not take her opponent lightly.

After a while, Sophie began to hear the tell-tale rhythmic crunch of boots on dirt up the road. She reached to her belt, foregoing her automatic pistol for a pair of low-light goggles. Soldiers began to come into view, a familiar lackadaisical formation of rows of four across. They seemed inattentive, telling bawdy jokes and not searching the forest with any seriousness.

Sophie chuckled inwardly at their poor discipline. This mission might end up easier than she thought…

When suddenly, without so much as a signal exchanged, the King’s Guard stopped on a dime and snapped into alertness, spinning to face the woods on either side of the road and raising their rifles.

And Sophie suddenly felt the cold barrel of a pistol pressed into the base of her neck.

“Hands up, rebel,” said a cold voice from behind her.

Sneaky bastard, she thought, trying to contain her rising panic. They still had the terrain edge over the Guard. She could get out of this.

“Hands! Now!”

Sophie feigned compliance, then spun lightning-quick and drew her pistol. Her attack caught the soldier behind her off guard, and her shot hit him square in the soldier.

But she’d miscalculated. There were five men behind her, not just one. Despair washed over her as two of her enemies fired their stun-guns into her chest, and Sophie Greene fell into an uneasy unconsciousness.

Last edited by a moderator:
She came to slowly, kneeling in leafy soil. Heavy ropes bound her arms tightly behind her and secured her to a tall tree near the edge of a clearing.

Looking out, low light provided by portable floodlights illuminated what must be a large military camp, in a different area of the forest from where she’d been captured. Drab tents and prefab barracks ringed the clearing. Dozens of Caledonian soldiers hustled and bustled around.

To her left, and to her horror, Sophie saw two large cages, each an eight by eight by eight cube outlined by heavy steel bars. Each cage was filled with her captured comrades, their hands and feet shackled and their mouths gagged. She only counted seven survivors of the twelve she’d set out with, and held back a tear for those who must have fallen.

“How do you like the accommodations, Miss Greene?”

Sophie blinked. The question came from a woman, one who’d just pulled up a chair and sat down about a yard in front of her.

“Excuse me?”

“I’m sorry about the ropes, of course. But you know we can’t have you running off.”

Sophie scanned her tormentor’s tight-fitting uniform. A dress uniform, not a combat one – all silver with gold trim, accentuating the wearer’s long blonde hair. A “commander” insignia on her arm and the nameplate on her chest told Sophie everything she needed to know.

This was Commander Minerva Montrose. The commander of the King’s Guard.

Sophie’s nemesis.

“I wondered whether we’d ever end up meeting face to face,” continued Commander Montrose. “I expected we’d just find your body in a pile one day, an ignoble end to your long career as a criminal and a traitor.” Where the commander’s voice had been cordial, almost pleasant, now harshness crept in.

“Never did I dream I’d have you alive and kneeling at my feet.”

Sophie couldn’t stand this humiliating treatment. She spat at the commander. “Go to hell.”

Minerva simply chuckled. “Trust me, my trip to hell is much further away than yours.”

“What do you want?” Sophie was in no mood for banter. “There must be a reason I’m not dead yet.”

“Quite right,” said Commander Montrose. Her tone became more businesslike. “As you may have suspected, some of your spies were, in fact, my spies. We knew you were coming, and the King was never in any danger.”

“Now, you’re going to tell me where the rest of the Black Squad are hiding.”

Sophie scoffed. “Why on earth would I do that?”

The commander chuckled again. “You rebels always think you have nothing to lose. Time and time again I’ve seen my prisoners respond just the same as you. But they always talk once I explain the choice that lies ahead.”

“I’m not afraid of a bullet,” sneered Sophie.

“I know. That’s not what awaits you and all your friends. I trust you’ve heard of the Torlundy Slave Pits?”

A chill ran down Sophie’s spine. “Only… only rumors.”

Her captor laughed, flicking a lock of blonde hair out of her face. “Rumors won’t tell the full story. Every slave at Torlundy spends every day, for the rest of their life, working harder than you can possibly imagine. Allowed just enough nutrition to stay alive. Beaten and tormented every day by the guards. You’ll wish you were dead within a week… but a young thing like you might suffer for three decades before your day finally comes.”

Sophie struggled to hide the fear from her face. “That’s… that’s…”

“That’s where you’re going, yes, along with every one of these murderers and traitors that you love. Unless you cooperate.”

“What happens if I cooperate? You’re not just going to let me go.”

A grin crossed the commander’s face. “Oh no. One way or another, this ends with you enslaved.”

A pit formed in Sophie’s stomach at the word ‘enslaved.’

“If you cooperate, though, you and your friends will avoid the slave pits. Instead, they’ll all be put up for auction like regular convicts, where they’ll mostly be bought by the upper crust. It won’t always be a fun life, but noble slaves are treated much better than the poor souls at Torlundy.”

Sophie paused. “You said ‘they.’ What happens to me?”

A bigger grin from her nemesis. She paused, almost as if she needed to contain herself, before explaining. “I’ve always admired you, Miss Greene. You remind me of me when I was younger: courageous, clever, a bit too headstrong. And your beauty… well, it’s hard to ignore.” At this last remark, Sophie could feel her captor’s eyes leering over her bound body.

“So if you cooperate, you’ll be my slave.”

Sophie thrashed around in her bonds. “Never. I’ll never wear your collar,” she spat. “I’d rather suffer a million deaths than spend my life kneeling at your feet.”

“A good performance, darling, but I know it’s a façade. You’re terrified of the pits, as well you should be. And life with me would have its perks. Better to be with a Mistress who wants you to be relatively fulfilled than one who wants to see you suffer. Think of your friends…”

A million thoughts flashed through Sophie’s mind. How could this woman who Sophie had never met see right through her? How could she ever live with herself if she was the reason the rebellion crumbled – or if she doomed all of her friends to a torturous life in the slave pits? How had she tumbled from a proud rebel to a weeping slave-to-be so quickly?

A tear or two fell down Sophie’s cheek. “If I cooperate, I have your word that no rebels will end up in the slave pits?”

Commander Montrose snapped her fingers, and in an instant an aide produced a sheaf of legal documents. Sophie saw the royal seal at the top of the first page. The commander flipped through it one page at a time as Sophie read. It looked airtight.

“If this is what you want, Miss Greene, all I need is your signature.”

After a long, deep, raggedy breath, Sophie nodded. The aide untied her hand, and she scrawled her name in black ink underneath that of the King’s viceroy.

“Very good, Miss Greene. I’ll be back soon,” said the commander, beaming.

And she walked away into the night.

After the commander left, Sophie showed the aide the location of the rest of the Black Squad on a large tactical map. Guards then came to lock her away in a small cage all her own. At least hers was in a tent, unlike her compatriots in their outdoor pens. But the wait for something to happen was boring, and her brain flooded with fear and doubt. She hoped against hope that the rebels had managed to crush the King’s Guard when they arrived, that her captor was dead and that her friends would soon be freed.

“Any moment now,” she mumbled to herself, “they’ll come get me.”

After several days, Sophie woke from an uneasy sleep to the sound of hooting and hollering from outside the tent. Her heart briefly filled with joy – were these the remnants of the Black Squad, finally here to rescue their commander?

If only.

A soldier flung open the flap of her tent. He wore a Caledonian uniform and a beaming smile. “The rebellion is over, scum!” He unlocked Sophie’s cage and dragged her out into the sunlight, the heavy shackles on her wrists and ankles keeping her from fighting back.

In the clearing, she saw what she most feared. There before her, in row after row of cages, were hundreds of members of the Black Squad, many covered in blood or with deep gashes in their camouflage outfits. The tightly bound prisoners wore their defeat on their faces.

As the soldier dragged her to the center of the clearing, Sophie could see Commander Montrose, long blonde hair gleaming in the sunshine, jubilant in victory. She spoke from a raised podium to her new prisoners, flanked on all sides by the triumphant King’s Guard.

“Your rebellion is over!” she screamed to cheers from her soldiers. “Today, peace is restored to Caledonia!”

After the commander left, Sophie showed the aide the location of the rest of the Black Squad on a large tactical map. Guards then came to lock her away in a small cage all her own. At least hers was in a tent, unlike her compatriots in their outdoor pens. But the wait for something to happen was boring, and her brain flooded with fear and doubt. She hoped against hope that the rebels had managed to crush the King’s Guard when they arrived, that her captor was dead and that her friends would soon be freed.

“Any moment now,” she mumbled to herself, “they’ll come get me.”

After several days, Sophie woke from an uneasy sleep to the sound of hooting and hollering from outside the tent. Her heart briefly filled with joy – were these the remnants of the Black Squad, finally here to rescue their commander?

If only.

A soldier flung open the flap of her tent. He wore a Caledonian uniform and a beaming smile. “The rebellion is over, scum!” He unlocked Sophie’s cage and dragged her out into the sunlight, the heavy shackles on her wrists and ankles keeping her from fighting back.

In the clearing, she saw what she most feared. There before her, in row after row of cages, were hundreds of members of the Black Squad, many covered in blood or with deep gashes in their camouflage outfits. The tightly bound prisoners wore their defeat on their faces.

As the soldier dragged her to the center of the clearing, Sophie could see Commander Montrose, long blonde hair gleaming in the sunshine, jubilant in victory. She spoke from a raised podium to her new prisoners, flanked on all sides by the triumphant King’s Guard.

“Your rebellion is over!” she screamed to cheers from her soldiers. “Today, peace is restored to Caledonia!”
I’m reading this story both here AND on deviantart, and enjoying it very much, thank you @churgles :D

I’m reading this story both here AND on deviantart, and enjoying it very much, thank you @churgles :D
I'm glad! I think I'm probably going to extend the story here beyond what was posted on DeviantArt, as new and exciting humiliations for Sophie keep popping into my mind...

As the hubbub died down, the commander spotted Sophie behind her, being pulled up to the platform.

“Prisoners,” she shouted again, “you might be wondering how your defeat came to be. After all, your base was well hidden and isolated."

"But your leader, Captain Greene, surrendered your location in exchange for mercy for herself!”

At this, the soldier dragged Sophie up onto the stage. She could see the dismay and disbelief on the faces of her former comrades.

“Now she, like all of you, will become a slave!”

Commander Montrose drew a razor-sharp ceremonial sword from her belt. With precise cuts, she sliced through Sophie’s drab green tank top, cargo pants, and underwear until the former rebel leader wore nothing but black combat boots and steel manacles. The soldier handed a shiny metal collar to the commander, who fastened it securely around Sophie’s neck.

“Behold!” said the commander with glee in her eyes, beckoning all to see. “The former Captain Sophie Greene, now Slave 60213.”

With a kick to the back of her legs, Sophie fell to her knees. She could not hide her nakedness or her captivity from the men and women she used to lead, who would never know that she had also bought their lives. Her pale skin flushed with humiliation. Her new mistress stood next to her, basking in the sight of her old foe wearing her collar.

The commander bent down and whispered in her slave’s ear.

“You’re mine now and forever, rebel scum.”

For all her free-thinking ideals, Sophie had always been a modest woman.

Sure, she’d had her share of lovers, men and women, during her time in the rebellion. But she considered those to be private affairs, her sexuality a gift given to her lovers rather than something she wanted to flaunt or display.

Partly for that reason – and partly because she wanted to be taken seriously in the militia’s hierarchy – she favored conservative outfits. Oversized jackets and loose-fitting cargo pants had covered up her form so thoroughly that most rebels had no idea that she really had a model’s physique.

They knew now.

Kneeling next to her new Mistress, captured and enslaved, Sophie could feel the eyes of her now-captured comrades on her naked body. She was acutely aware of the cool morning air on her skin, her small nipples hardening involuntarily in response. She wished she could cover them with her hands, but they were shackled behind her back.

As waves of shame crashed over her, Sophie tried to maintain some composure – and some modesty. She shuffled her legs together so her knees touched, hiding her pussy from view. Desperate to imagine that she was alone, she focused her eyes down, her gaze boring holes into the raised wooden platform.

Sophie swallowed hard, trying to hold back tears. It only made her more aware of the steel collar that now encircled her neck.

For all her free-thinking ideals, Sophie had always been a modest woman.

Sure, she’d had her share of lovers, men and women, during her time in the rebellion. But she considered those to be private affairs, her sexuality a gift given to her lovers rather than something she wanted to flaunt or display.

Partly for that reason – and partly because she wanted to be taken seriously in the militia’s hierarchy – she favored conservative outfits. Oversized jackets and loose-fitting cargo pants had covered up her form so thoroughly that most rebels had no idea that she really had a model’s physique.

They knew now.

Kneeling next to her new Mistress, captured and enslaved, Sophie could feel the eyes of her now-captured comrades on her naked body. She was acutely aware of the cool morning air on her skin, her small nipples hardening involuntarily in response. She wished she could cover them with her hands, but they were shackled behind her back.

As waves of shame crashed over her, Sophie tried to maintain some composure – and some modesty. She shuffled her legs together so her knees touched, hiding her pussy from view. Desperate to imagine that she was alone, she focused her eyes down, her gaze boring holes into the raised wooden platform.

Sophie swallowed hard, trying to hold back tears. It only made her more aware of the steel collar that now encircled her neck.
This is tangential, but there was a book called "Ombres Chinoises" by a left-leaning Belgian art professor (if I recall) debunking Mao when he was being romanticized by the left. Sophie's uniform reminds me of a story therein. At one point the PLA eschewed rank and insignia as counterrevolutionary, but there had to be a way to tell who was in charge. So the soldiers when hunker down when someone said, "Look out, here comes big pockets!".

Without warning, Sophie felt a hand grasp her hair.

“Eyes up, slave,” Commander Montrose whispered in her ear, tilting Sophie’s head so that she was forced to stare out at the sea of caged prisoners.

“No…” Sophie groaned quietly. Whether the commander was ignoring her or just didn’t hear, Sophie’s pitiful protest had no effect. Her new owner drew a small extendable baton from her belt and wedged it between Sophie’s knees.

“Spread your legs.”

Meekly, Sophie did as she was told.

“Good girl,” Commander Montrose cooed mockingly. “This will all come more easily to you eventually, once you’ve been properly trained. I have a spot at one of the top slave schools reserved for you.”

She shook Sophie’s head a bit as she continued, her hold on her slave’s hair emphasizing their new power dynamic.

“For now, though, all you need to know is that you’ve lost the right to be modest. Understand?”

Sophie couldn’t stand this feeling; the humiliation and shame of defeat and captivity seemed to touch every fiber of her being. Something, too, about this exposure seemed to have flicked on a new switch in her brain… why was she starting to feel turned on?

She simply nodded.

Commander Montrose didn’t like that. She slid her baton up Sophie’s leg, the cold tip sending goosebumps over her skin. “Verbal answers, slave.”

“Yes,” Sophie said, flatly.

The baton came to a rest over her pussy.

“Hmm, we have so much work to do… Address me as ‘Mistress,’ slave.”

Sophie blanched. “Yes… Mistress,” she said, in a voice barely louder than a whisper.

Back
Top Bottom