The Taverngirl

Go to CruxDreams.com
'She's mine now!'

Sami shivered as she heard the clink of coins, and the note of satisfaction in Agenor's voice. For all his skill in in the pantomime of bargaining, she'd known in her bones that he was determined to buy her. In her young years in the tavern, she'd learnt a lot about the ways of men, especially of a man wanting a woman and it did not matter much where he came from.

And now, just darkness ahead. It felt strange, she'd loathed every hour of her life in the tavern, surely no owner could be worse than that miserable old miser Zabdi? And yet ... and yet, that rotten cellar had been home, she'd come to know every damp, dirty corner, every twist of her master's wrinkled face, she'd learnt how to live there. But what now?

She'd not learnt much about the world outside that smelly corner of the city. But she'd glimpsed strange beasts, gorgeous trappings and ornaments, men in strange, savage robes armed with daggers in jewelled sheaths, she'd smelt mysterious exotic scents from the sacks and flasks the camels carried. And she'd picked up stories from old women in the market-place, when she'd dared to waste a few minutes listening to their chattering, tales of princes and noble ladies, of djinns and fairies, even of silk-dressed slave-girls whose lives seemed so different from hers.

She dozed, despite the chafing iron shackles around her wrists that had replaced the once precious blue ribbon. Her busy brain needed no opiates to feed her with wild dreams, mixing dread with strange desire, carrying the captive forward into the mysterious, fearful yet thrilling, future ...

Sami 6 s.jpg

Thank you so much, @Eulalia , for the wonderful text!

@Zungur

Such a nice catch up, and how wonderful to see sami finally sold and in chains. A fantastic image you drew above! this one sincerely hopes you plan a chapter on her journey to the east? I adore the fantasy of being in a slave coffle in chains, encouraged by the lash on a long journey… and where will you take us after that?

@Zungur

Such a nice catch up, and how wonderful to see sami finally sold and in chains. A fantastic image you drew above! this one sincerely hopes you plan a chapter on her journey to the east? I adore the fantasy of being in a slave coffle in chains, encouraged by the lash on a long journey… and where will you take us after that?
I'm sure that's exactly what little Sami wonders about.

I had to take a break from serious drawing, but I hope to pick up the different stories soon again.

With a kick some brute woke Sami out of her uneasy sleep long before sunrise. The chain was unlocked from her ankle, she was hauled up and herded along some corridors into a large courtyard where the caravan was already assembled.

Someone thrust a bag into her hands, bellowing: “You’ll carry this!”

She thought herself lucky that, whatever its contents were, it did not weigh much, but she knew that it would feel much heavier the longer she had to carry it.

Practised since she could first toddle, she was able to hold it on her head even with her hands chained together.

There were several other slaves, male and female, but they were separated so they would not be able to slow the caravan down as a group. Sami found herself tied to a stinking camel. She always had been afraid of these huge beasts and she prayed it would not kick her.

Behind her a small donkey was the next in line, looking terribly sad and almost disappearing under its huge burden. She pitied the animal but she knew it was wise to stay away from its teeth as far as her chain allowed.

Whips cracked, men shouted and the caravan started to move.

Sami wanted to scream ‘No! No please! Don’t take me away from the only place I know!’ but she knew it would only earn her a beating.

Her heart pounded and she sobbed as she tried to take in as much as she could of the familiar streets and sights as they plodded through the early morning light. The city was eerily quiet.

Sami realised it was the Sabbath of the Passover, yet this was a more than ordinary silence, a musty scent of death seemed to float in the chilly air, crows croaked, vultures circled above, the grunting camels clopped on.

Sami's city seemed to be passing away, she was being led into exile, into the wilderness ...

The procession came to a halt near the Gennath Gate. For a moment she hoped the guards would stop the smugglers and she would stay in the city, but obviously Roman soldiers, mercenaries from some barbarian borderlands, were no less eager to accept bribes than the petty city officials and tax-gatherers.

They left the city and Sami despaired as they plodded down towards the valley of Gehenna, with its ever-smouldering piles and pits of stinking rubbish.

But as they passed the hill of Golgotha she remembered the man who had been crucified there yesterday. He would still be alive, she thought, alive and in agony and certain to die.

‘Get a grip, girl,’ she told herself. ‘That poor crazy bastard over there has reason to despair, you don’t!’

When the sun rose, they were far from the city, shuffling along a road not much used by honest travellers, through rocky, scrubby country where a few scrawny goats were grazing on scanty vegetation. Sami's body was covered with sweat and dust.

‘I'm smelling not much better than this camel now,’ Sami thought. ‘I hope Mr. Donkey behind me won't complain.’ She could not help but chuckle at this thought.

‘If they'd send the water-boy around more often with his bag, all this wouldn't be too bad. I had worse days at the tavern... uh-uh, what's this, then?’

Just then she felt a stick lifting the remains of her ragged dress around her backside.

“Hello, little one. Nice little ass you've got there”.

She closed her eyes for a moment, then turned around, as she had learnt to do when men pinched her bottom in the tavern, to face the ragged camel-driver behind her. Seeing he was one of the free men, she gave him a well-practiced smile, lowering her eyes modestly.

“Girls that are nice to Uday have a lighter load to carry – don’t you forget that, sweety!”

Sami just bowed her head and bent her knee in acknowledgement. Nothing new, this was always part of a slave-girls life, wasn’t it? She turned and trudged on, keeping step with the camel.

Sami 7 s.jpg

Thanks to @Eulalia , for the vastly improving the text!

With a kick some brute woke Sami out of her uneasy sleep long before sunrise. The chain was unlocked from her ankle, she was hauled up and herded along some corridors into a large courtyard where the caravan was already assembled.

She thought herself lucky that, whatever its contents were, it did not weigh much, but she knew that it would feel much heavier the longer she had to carry it.

Practised since she could first toddle, she was able to hold it on her head even with her hands chained together.

There were several other slaves, male and female, but they were separated so they would not be able to slow the caravan down as a group. Sami found herself tied to a stinking camel. She always had been afraid of these huge beasts and she prayed it would not kick her.

Behind her a small donkey was the next in line, looking terribly sad and almost disappearing under its huge burden. She pitied the animal but she knew it was wise to stay away from its teeth as far as her chain allowed.

Sami wanted to scream ‘No! No please! Don’t take me away from the only place I know!’ but she knew it would only earn her a beating.

Her heart pounded and she sobbed as she tried to take in as much as she could of the familiar streets and sights as they plodded through the early morning light. The city was eerily quiet.

Sami realised it was the Sabbath of the Passover, yet this was a more than ordinary silence, a musty scent of death seemed to float in the chilly air, crows croaked, vultures circled above, the grunting camels clopped on.

Sami's city seemed to be passing away, she was being led into exile, into the wilderness ...

The procession came to a halt near the Gennath Gate. For a moment she hoped the guards would stop the smugglers and she would stay in the city, but obviously Roman soldiers, mercenaries from some barbarian borderlands, were no less eager to accept bribes than the petty city officials and tax-gatherers.

They left the city and Sami despaired as they plodded down towards the valley of Gehenna, with its ever-smouldering piles and pits of stinking rubbish.

But as they passed the hill of Golgotha she remembered the man who had been crucified there yesterday. He would still be alive, she thought, alive and in agony and certain to die.

‘Get a grip, girl,’ she told herself. ‘That poor crazy bastard over there has reason to despair, you don’t!’

When the sun rose, they were far from the city, shuffling along a road not much used by honest travellers, through rocky, scrubby country where a few scrawny goats were grazing on scanty vegetation. Sami's body was covered with sweat and dust.

‘I'm smelling not much better than this camel now,’ Sami thought. ‘I hope Mr. Donkey behind me won't complain.’ She could not help but chuckle at this thought.

‘If they'd send the water-boy around more often with his bag, all this wouldn't be too bad. I had worse days at the tavern... uh-uh, what's this, then?’

Just then she felt a stick lifting the remains of her ragged dress around her backside.

She closed her eyes for a moment, then turned around, as she had learnt to do when men pinched her bottom in the tavern, to face the ragged camel-driver behind her. Seeing he was one of the free men, she gave him a well-practiced smile, lowering her eyes modestly.

“Girls that are nice to Uday have a lighter load to carry – don’t you forget that, sweety!”

Sami just bowed her head and bent her knee in acknowledgement. Nothing new, this was always part of a slave-girls life, wasn’t it? She turned and trudged on, keeping step with the camel.

View attachment 1442678

Good stuff. I enjoyed the detail, very erotic when he lifted her skimpy shift with his stick. Looking forward to the next piece

View attachment 1442678

Great chapter and lovely erotic sketch. I love slave coffles and it’s rare to even get a chapter of one, I am very grateful for the effort from you and of course slavegirl @Eulalia who is probably reading the story as if she was sami just like I am!

Tied to a camel with wrists shackled carrying a small bundle is definitely the luxury class of slave coffles! I’ve been forced to wear heavy fetters, my wrist chains connected to an extremely heavy box I carry on my head. I am not tied to the coffle I’m in by a nice rope to a camel but instead a heavy chain connecting my collar to those of the other male slaves. I am sure our overseers are paid by the whip strike as I feel the kiss of the whip often across my bare back… and I trudge on, feeling very much a slave…

Back
Top Bottom