The Whip Hand

Go to CruxDreams.com
I came across that in a book about erotic art in vintage comics - most fairly vanilla, but that (you won't be surprised!) jumped out. The back-story is that Flash has been deprived of his memory by the evil witch queen, Dale has got into the palace as a serving slavegirl, and she tries to attract Flash's attention by spilling a tray at the table, but Flash doesn't recognise her, she just earns herself a flogging. Just the kind of story this girl loves!
I similarly saw this in the same way as it was published before my time.
I do, however remember when The Phantom was still in the newspapers a few years back and, in the same way at jumping out, was a scene with a girl in torn clothes on a rack.
Needless to saw I saved that one for a bit.

Last edited:
Remember we are talking a 1930s-50s American mind set for these comics. A whipped naked back is about as close as you could get to the censorship line back then and still be allowed to publish.

kisses

willowfall
Best justification for the dreadful comics book code I think I’ve ever heard! Anytime something results in more whippings has to have an upside?

Which still had to make it past the censors. It was pretty strict back then.

Even as late as the 1970s the movie "Last Tango in Paris" got an "X" rating. Today it would probably not even rate an "R".

kisses

willowfall
The MPAA basically phased out use of the X and NC17 ratings for marketing reasons. If something comes out now that would have been an X they just won't rate it. Everything else is an R.

When I wrote this line in "The Greek Girls"

Two soldiers laid on with flagellae. The sisters' bodies jerked with each blow, their teeth clenched, breasts and buttocks jiggling.

I had these two in mind.

IMG_5992.gif

I suspect their names are household words in the BDSM community, but for my part I’m grateful they were my introduction into this kink. :babeando: ;)

Which still had to make it past the censors. It was pretty strict back then.

Even as late as the 1970s the movie "Last Tango in Paris" got an "X" rating. Today it would probably not even rate an "R".

kisses

willowfall
Comics Code, Hays Code...either one is great for cultivating particular kinks :lol::roto2nuse:
View attachment 1360981
The Hays Code - and the successor MPAA rating system - only affect movies.
The Comics Code Authority (CCA) was established in 1953 as a reaction to right-wing propaganda blaming comic books for everything right-wingers saw wrong with America. It only covered comic books, not newspaper comic strips.
Both codes were in fact voluntary.
Newspapers each have their own editorial standards. The publication syndicates - King Features in the case of both Flash Gordan and Prince Valiant - also have their own rules.

Back
Top Bottom