Thessela's Downfall

Go to CruxDreams.com
Part 3: The House of Ampelios:

As a slave of Ampelios, Thessela was assigned as a personal slave of Ampelios’ wife, Hypatia who was a slim attractive woman in her late thirties or early forties. She spent her time managing the house, visiting her friends, and doting on her three children. She kept Thessela and another young slave girl, Korinna, close to her at all times, except during the evenings when she spent time privately with her family. Korinna was blonde and petite with a delicate small breasted figure. As personal slaves to the mistress, they had more free time than some of the other female slaves and so it was natural that they became friends. Ampelios was rich enough that he could apparently afford the luxury of not working his slaves to the bone.

Ampelios had made a fortune selling wine and olive oil across the Mediterranean. He had large olive groves and vinyards around Corinth. His estate was organized around a large whitewashed villa with a red tile roof. The house itself was surrounded by landscaped gardens, with well-gravelled paths leading from the road to the house. It was set back from the main gate about 50 meters and was built in a Roman style with an arched doorway leading into a spacious marble-floored anteroom. One could look out through the anteroom into the central courtyard of the house with its flowerbeds, flagstone floor, and central pool, deep enough for swimming. A colonnaded promenade surrounded the courtyard, forming a large square, with all the other rooms of the house opening onto the promenade.

The slaves lived in a set of dormitory quarters on the estate to the rear of the house, but close enough that they could be summoned quickly. There was one dormitory for the 20 or so female slaves, complete with a basic bath chamber. Ampelios expected his slaves to be clean and well groomed. Each girl had her own pallet in the main bedchamber, which had a real flagstone floor. There were more dormitories for male slaves, since there were many field hands. Additionally, there was one smaller house that served as quarters for the two senior slaves, the children’s tutor, an educated Greek slave who knew several languages and mathematics, and Homeros, the majordomo or chief slave. Homeros, a middle-aged muscular man with a pot belly and short legs, was in charge of work rosters, discipline, and ensuring that things around the estate ran efficiently.

He was also obviously interested in Thessela, not even trying to conceal his lust, which made her uneasy. She had never had much attention from men, having been kept as almost a slave by her uncle before he sold her into actual slavery. She had had one lover in her teens, before her parents had died, a boy she had known in her home village. He had been sweet and awkward, and she had imagined that he loved her as they had untangled each other from their clothing and then tangled themselves in each other. She may not have had much previous experience with men, but knew that she felt revulsion at the thought of Homeros.

“Watch out for him,” said Korinna, “I think he wants you, and you don’t look like you want him.”

“No,” said Thessela. “The thought of him makes me ill. What should I do?”

“Stay away from his quarters, and hope he stops wanting you. Not very helpful, I'm afraid, but female slaves are the lowest rung of the ladder,” said Korinna unhappily. Thessela shuddered and instinctively hugged her arms around herself at the thought of Homeros touching her.

What was worse was that she had not heard from Rolf in the month since they had arrived together. All his talk of how pleased he was that they were both sold to the same master didn't seem to mean anything. She knew she shouldn’t want him, but she couldn’t seem to help herself. He had looked at her with his searing blue Nordic eyes, so different from the other men, and she had reacted instantly to him. She was sure he had felt something for her as well, but he had never come to find her during any of her free evenings. She had seen him occasionally leaving on some slave errand in the morning with Ampelios, or at some other time when she was herself busy with her mistress, but he had never looked for her. She wondered if he had forgotten her. "I am only a slave," she told herself. "I don't get what I want."

Homeros was an entirely different matter. He had a habit of walking into the women’s dormitory on some administrative pretext without announcement. He used friendly words when other slaves were also present, but Thessela saw the predatory look on his face when he talked to her, and felt his eyes on her breasts, or watching her when he came to the main house while she worked.

Then, Ampelios took Homeros and a number of field slaves to check on a blight in one of the olive groves. They were gone a week. Thessela hoped that in that time Homeros would tire of thinking about her, but it was pleasant just to work and not worry about his unwanted advances. She was reflecting how nice this was while she and Korinna were on their way back to the dormitory as the sun was setting, the night Ampelios returned home. He had arrived home early, and in a clearly amorous mood. Hypatia had blushed and quickly dismissed the slave girls, as her husband had already started to loosen her dress. Thessela and Korinna had the whole evening free, it seemed.

And suddenly on the gravel path, there was Rolf, looking big and tired after a day of work, stubble on his chin making his face more rugged looking. When he saw Thessela, though, an intensity came back into his eyes. Thessela felt his look like an electric tingle, and her heart beat faster. She had wanted to see him again, but now that he was here, she didn’t know what to say. She just stood and stared at him, the large well-built nordic man in front of her. Korinna smiled and squeezed her hand, and tactfully ran down the path to the dormitory, leaving Thessela alone with Rolf on the path.

“Thessela,” said Rolf finally.

“What…?” stammered Thessela, wanting to be calm, but finding it impossible. “How… I don’t…”

“I think of you every day,” said Rolf. “Now I find you again. I am happy. I see you here in the last month, and I want to talk to you, but…”

Something snapped. All the longing and waiting and frustration came out. “You saw me? You never spoke to me. You never smile at me. You told me you were happy I would be here, but since we got here you never once…” she trailed off suddenly frightened at how bold she was becoming. She didn't want to lose herself to him. “It’s alright. It has to be alright. I’m just a slave. I need to go bathe. Excuse me.” She dropped her eyes and moved to go past him to her dormitory.

“No,” he said intensely, grabbing her arm to stop her. “Every day, I have to go to markets, to fields of olives, to carry things from ships. Sometimes I am a serving man at a party. I leave here early, I work, I return late, and every day I say I will speak to you today, I will see you today, and then you are not there, or you are also working or you are sleeping. Now you are here, and I am here, and I will speak to you.”

“Why did you not come to me when you came back? Even if it was late?” she asked not daring to look at him.

“You are sleeping. I say it will not be fair to wake you.” He sounded awkward.

She looked up at him finally, hesitantly. Looked into his eyes. “You want to speak to me,” she said, her voice sounding more calm than the trembling she felt.

He stared at her. “I thought I wanted to speak,” he said. “Now I forget what I was going to say.”

“I told myself I was a slave,” she said quietly. “I said slaves shouldn’t want things. But I wanted you.” The last phrase was a whisper, and she quickly dropped her eyes again.

Rolf cupped her chin in his large rough hand, gently lifting her face to look at him again. He kissed her softly on the lips. “To me you are not a slave. Come to me tonight. We can meet in the garden behind your quarters. I do not want you to vanish again.”

She found herself staring into his eyes and nodding, feeling the warmth of his kiss still on her lips. “I will come,” she said. She couldn’t believe she had promised to meet him. She blushed, and suddenly pulled her arm free from his grip and ran down the path to her dormitory, as if it would shield her from her own desires.

She found Korinna in the sleeping room, naked and preparing to go for her bath. Her small pale breasts were tipped with pale pink tips. Several other slave women were resting, making repairs to clothing, or sleeping.

“You like this big foreign slave,” Korinna said smiling as she came over to Thessela and took her hands in hers. Thessela was only 5 feet 5 inches tall, but Korinna was smaller still.

“Yes”, said Thessela unhappily. “But I am a slave. I should not want things. I will only be unhappy.”

“Silly,” said Korinna. “He likes you too. Why should you not want? Why should you not have some happiness. You are beautiful,” she added, coming to Thessela and starting to undo her dress. She slipped the dress off Thessela’s shoulders and it dropped to the floor around her ankles. Korinna pressed her small body against Thessela’s letting their breasts touch and caressing Thessela’s back and bum. Thessela felt the rise of desire, but also heat all over her body, as she was embraced so intimately in front of the other slave women. Korinna gave her a quick soft kiss on her lips, took her hand and led her to the bath. “We will have a bath,” she said, “and then you will go meet your man.”

The slave women’s bath was small, but had several wash basins fed by pipes from the aqueduct. The women started to wash, using linen cloths. Thessela couldn’t stop feeling nervous about what she was doing, meeting Rolf, who she felt that she had hardly met, but she knew she would go. It was as if she was a slave there as well, without a choice.

“Well, isn’t this pretty,” said an oily voice. Homeros sauntered into the bath chamber. Thessela shrieked, brought out of her reverie, and covered her breasts with her arm. Korinna simply looked annoyed.

“Go away, Homeros,” she said.

Homeros ignored her and came to stand in front of Thessela. Thessela cringed at the idea that she was naked in front of him and that he might touch her. “I’ve always wanted to bed a fancy slave girl from the Phoenician’s shop. Come to my quarters , and I will show you what pleasure is.” His hand moved quickly and caught Thessela’s arm.

“No,” she cried. “I won’t…”

“What?” said Homeros. “Think you’re too upscale for the likes of me? Stupid bitch!” He slapped her hard across the face. “I’m the majordomo here.”

“Get out!” yelled Korinna, “leave her alone. She doesn’t want you.”

“You watch your place, girl,” growled Homeros. “She’s just another female slave who…”

“I will tell the mistress how you abuse us,” said Korinna hotly. “You know the mistress likes Thessela, and she will tell the master you are hurting the female slaves. The master won't want his wife upset.”

Homeros glared at Korinna, but pushed Thessela away. “I’m not done with you,” he hissed. You think you’re too fancy and upscale for me? I’ll cut you down to size one of these days.” Homeros left and was soon heard arguing with the male slaves outside and herding them to their quarters.

Thessela got the distinct impression she had made an enemy, and she wasn’t quite sure how. She was just relieved he had gone. She collapsed on the bath chamber floor and broke down in tears. Korinna moved quickly over to embrace her.

“Don’t worry about him,” said Korinna. “He's afraid of making the mistress unhappy by treating you badly. He won’t do anything to hurt his position.” She winked. “Now dry your eyes and go.”

Thessela looked around nervously as she slipped out the back of the dormitory, almost expecting to see Homeros lurking in the shadows waiting for her, but the coast was clear. She slipped quickly down the path in the twilight and into the garden. By day the garden was a pretty place of tall thin cypress trees with bright colourful flower beds. There was a small shallow pool in the center surrounded by a well kept lawn that formed the center of the garden. By night it was a place of darker shapes, soft water sounds from the pool, and the tropical smells of flowers and cut grass. It was an almost magical place she thought, but she was nevertheless aware that she was alone in the dark, and wondered again if this was a smart thing to do. She didn’t see Rolf.

“Are you here,” she whispered, as she found her way across the small stretch of grass to the pool.

A large rough warm hand found hers and pulled her forward. Her body was suddenly up against a broad warm chest. Rolf’s arms were around her and he was tipping back her head as his lips took hers. “You came,” she gasped.

“I will always come for you,” he said. He pulled her more tightly against him, and she felt the evidence of his feelings hard against her abdomen through his leather slave shorts.

“I don’t want words,” she heard herself say. “I’m afraid. If I think about this, I won’t…”

He interrupted her by sliding his large hand down over the swell of her bottom, kissing her at the base of her neck, while his other hand started undoing her dress. "Everybody is undressing me today," she thought. Then one of his hands was caressing the side of her breast, while the other moved over her bum, pulling her body against him again, and she stopped thinking. He looked down at her as his hand teased her breast, his rough hands so gentle, moving closer to the nipple, never quite getting there. She felt her dress slip down to her waist as he finally cupped one of her breasts, feeling it fit into his warm hand. His other hand moved to slip her out of her dress the rest of the way.

“Touch me,” she gasped. “Please.”

He lowered her to the grass, still warm from the afternoon heat, sliding his hand up the inside of her thighs. She felt herself blush, as she let him part her legs. He was pushing her arms up above her head, stretching her breasts against her chest as he took one of her nipples into his mouth. She gasped as his hand slid down her belly and lightly stroked over the triangle of hair of her mons. His finger separated the lips of her sex and found the hot moisture as she pressed against his hand.

“Oh,” she gasped, as she tugged at him. She suddenly realized that he was not wearing anything, as he moved to cover her, his arms on either side of her torso. Then it was not his hand parting her, and he was looking down into her eyes as if she was his whole world, and she opened for him and impaled herself on him. She heard herself groan as he started to fill her, and she wrapped her legs around him, pulling him in. “Just for tonight,” she said, “I will want someone. Just for tonight.” And then she stopped thinking as he drove himself deep into her and she grabbed his shoulders and held him, pulling him deep and hard into her until her world became all lights and shuddering sensation, and she felt him stiffen and tremble as she felt his liquid warmth inside her.

They lay on the grass wrapped in each other. “I am glad you came to me," Rolf said, tracing her breast with his finger.

“I couldn't stop wanting you,” she said. “Now I’m afraid I will lose you.”

“Remember I said once that I would go?” said Rolf. “I would go to my home again?”

“Yes, I remember,” she felt a chill at the thought of him leaving, at the thought of Homeros and his threats, but Rolf pulled her into his embrace, wrapping her against his warm chest.

“If I go, I will take you with me,” he said. “You should not have to be a slave.”

But as happy as the night with Rolf had made her, she was a slave, Thessela thought as she finally slipped back to her dormitory. She quietly slipped inside hoping to quietly slide onto her pallet and pretend that morning would never come.

(to be continued...)

Part 3: The House of Ampelios:

As a slave of Ampelios, Thessela was assigned as a personal slave of Ampelios’ wife, Hypatia who was a slim attractive woman in her late thirties or early forties. She spent her time managing the house, visiting her friends, and doting on her three children. She kept Thessela and another young slave girl, Korinna, close to her at all times, except during the evenings when she spent time privately with her family. Korinna was blonde and petite with a delicate small breasted figure. As personal slaves to the mistress, they had more free time than some of the other female slaves and so it was natural that they became friends. Ampelios was rich enough that he could apparently afford the luxury of not working his slaves to the bone.

Ampelios had made a fortune selling wine and olive oil across the Mediterranean. He had large olive groves and vinyards around Corinth. His estate was organized around a large whitewashed villa with a red tile roof. The house itself was surrounded by landscaped gardens, with well-gravelled paths leading from the road to the house. It was set back from the main gate about 50 meters and was built in a Roman style with an arched doorway leading into a spacious marble-floored anteroom. One could look out through the anteroom into the central courtyard of the house with its flowerbeds, flagstone floor, and central pool, deep enough for swimming. A colonnaded promenade surrounded the courtyard, forming a large square, with all the other rooms of the house opening onto the promenade.

The slaves lived in a set of dormitory quarters on the estate to the rear of the house, but close enough that they could be summoned quickly. There was one dormitory for the 20 or so female slaves, complete with a basic bath chamber. Ampelios expected his slaves to be clean and well groomed. Each girl had her own pallet in the main bedchamber, which had a real flagstone floor. There were more dormitories for male slaves, since there were many field hands. Additionally, there was one smaller house that served as quarters for the two senior slaves, the children’s tutor, an educated Greek slave who knew several languages and mathematics, and Homeros, the majordomo or chief slave. Homeros, a middle-aged muscular man with a pot belly and short legs, was in charge of work rosters, discipline, and ensuring that things around the estate ran efficiently.

He was also obviously interested in Thessela, not even trying to conceal his lust, which made her uneasy. She had never had much attention from men, having been kept as almost a slave by her uncle before he sold her into actual slavery. She had had one lover in her teens, before her parents had died, a boy she had known in her home village. He had been sweet and awkward, and she had imagined that he loved her as they had untangled each other from their clothing and then tangled themselves in each other. She may not have had much previous experience with men, but knew that she felt revulsion at the thought of Homeros.

“Watch out for him,” said Korinna, “I think he wants you, and you don’t look like you want him.”

“No,” said Thessela. “The thought of him makes me ill. What should I do?”

“Stay away from his quarters, and hope he stops wanting you. Not very helpful, I'm afraid, but female slaves are the lowest rung of the ladder,” said Korinna unhappily. Thessela shuddered and instinctively hugged her arms around herself at the thought of Homeros touching her.

What was worse was that she had not heard from Rolf in the month since they had arrived together. All his talk of how pleased he was that they were both sold to the same master didn't seem to mean anything. She knew she shouldn’t want him, but she couldn’t seem to help herself. He had looked at her with his searing blue Nordic eyes, so different from the other men, and she had reacted instantly to him. She was sure he had felt something for her as well, but he had never come to find her during any of her free evenings. She had seen him occasionally leaving on some slave errand in the morning with Ampelios, or at some other time when she was herself busy with her mistress, but he had never looked for her. She wondered if he had forgotten her. "I am only a slave," she told herself. "I don't get what I want."

Homeros was an entirely different matter. He had a habit of walking into the women’s dormitory on some administrative pretext without announcement. He used friendly words when other slaves were also present, but Thessela saw the predatory look on his face when he talked to her, and felt his eyes on her breasts, or watching her when he came to the main house while she worked.

Then, Ampelios took Homeros and a number of field slaves to check on a blight in one of the olive groves. They were gone a week. Thessela hoped that in that time Homeros would tire of thinking about her, but it was pleasant just to work and not worry about his unwanted advances. She was reflecting how nice this was while she and Korinna were on their way back to the dormitory as the sun was setting, the night Ampelios returned home. He had arrived home early, and in a clearly amorous mood. Hypatia had blushed and quickly dismissed the slave girls, as her husband had already started to loosen her dress. Thessela and Korinna had the whole evening free, it seemed.

And suddenly on the gravel path, there was Rolf, looking big and tired after a day of work, stubble on his chin making his face more rugged looking. When he saw Thessela, though, an intensity came back into his eyes. Thessela felt his look like an electric tingle, and her heart beat faster. She had wanted to see him again, but now that he was here, she didn’t know what to say. She just stood and stared at him, the large well-built nordic man in front of her. Korinna smiled and squeezed her hand, and tactfully ran down the path to the dormitory, leaving Thessela alone with Rolf on the path.

“Thessela,” said Rolf finally.

“What…?” stammered Thessela, wanting to be calm, but finding it impossible. “How… I don’t…”

“I think of you every day,” said Rolf. “Now I find you again. I am happy. I see you here in the last month, and I want to talk to you, but…”

Something snapped. All the longing and waiting and frustration came out. “You saw me? You never spoke to me. You never smile at me. You told me you were happy I would be here, but since we got here you never once…” she trailed off suddenly frightened at how bold she was becoming. She didn't want to lose herself to him. “It’s alright. It has to be alright. I’m just a slave. I need to go bathe. Excuse me.” She dropped her eyes and moved to go past him to her dormitory.

“No,” he said intensely, grabbing her arm to stop her. “Every day, I have to go to markets, to fields of olives, to carry things from ships. Sometimes I am a serving man at a party. I leave here early, I work, I return late, and every day I say I will speak to you today, I will see you today, and then you are not there, or you are also working or you are sleeping. Now you are here, and I am here, and I will speak to you.”

“Why did you not come to me when you came back? Even if it was late?” she asked not daring to look at him.

“You are sleeping. I say it will not be fair to wake you.” He sounded awkward.

She looked up at him finally, hesitantly. Looked into his eyes. “You want to speak to me,” she said, her voice sounding more calm than the trembling she felt.

He stared at her. “I thought I wanted to speak,” he said. “Now I forget what I was going to say.”

“I told myself I was a slave,” she said quietly. “I said slaves shouldn’t want things. But I wanted you.” The last phrase was a whisper, and she quickly dropped her eyes again.

Rolf cupped her chin in his large rough hand, gently lifting her face to look at him again. He kissed her softly on the lips. “To me you are not a slave. Come to me tonight. We can meet in the garden behind your quarters. I do not want you to vanish again.”

She found herself staring into his eyes and nodding, feeling the warmth of his kiss still on her lips. “I will come,” she said. She couldn’t believe she had promised to meet him. She blushed, and suddenly pulled her arm free from his grip and ran down the path to her dormitory, as if it would shield her from her own desires.

She found Korinna in the sleeping room, naked and preparing to go for her bath. Her small pale breasts were tipped with pale pink tips. Several other slave women were resting, making repairs to clothing, or sleeping.

“You like this big foreign slave,” Korinna said smiling as she came over to Thessela and took her hands in hers. Thessela was only 5 feet 5 inches tall, but Korinna was smaller still.

“Yes”, said Thessela unhappily. “But I am a slave. I should not want things. I will only be unhappy.”

“Silly,” said Korinna. “He likes you too. Why should you not want? Why should you not have some happiness. You are beautiful,” she added, coming to Thessela and starting to undo her dress. She slipped the dress off Thessela’s shoulders and it dropped to the floor around her ankles. Korinna pressed her small body against Thessela’s letting their breasts touch and caressing Thessela’s back and bum. Thessela felt the rise of desire, but also heat all over her body, as she was embraced so intimately in front of the other slave women. Korinna gave her a quick soft kiss on her lips, took her hand and led her to the bath. “We will have a bath,” she said, “and then you will go meet your man.”

The slave women’s bath was small, but had several wash basins fed by pipes from the aqueduct. The women started to wash, using linen cloths. Thessela couldn’t stop feeling nervous about what she was doing, meeting Rolf, who she felt that she had hardly met, but she knew she would go. It was as if she was a slave there as well, without a choice.

“Well, isn’t this pretty,” said an oily voice. Homeros sauntered into the bath chamber. Thessela shrieked, brought out of her reverie, and covered her breasts with her arm. Korinna simply looked annoyed.

“Go away, Homeros,” she said.

Homeros ignored her and came to stand in front of Thessela. Thessela cringed at the idea that she was naked in front of him and that he might touch her. “I’ve always wanted to bed a fancy slave girl from the Phoenician’s shop. Come to my quarters , and I will show you what pleasure is.” His hand moved quickly and caught Thessela’s arm.

“No,” she cried. “I won’t…”

“What?” said Homeros. “Think you’re too upscale for the likes of me? Stupid bitch!” He slapped her hard across the face. “I’m the majordomo here.”

“Get out!” yelled Korinna, “leave her alone. She doesn’t want you.”

“You watch your place, girl,” growled Homeros. “She’s just another female slave who…”

“I will tell the mistress how you abuse us,” said Korinna hotly. “You know the mistress likes Thessela, and she will tell the master you are hurting the female slaves. The master won't want his wife upset.”

Homeros glared at Korinna, but pushed Thessela away. “I’m not done with you,” he hissed. You think you’re too fancy and upscale for me? I’ll cut you down to size one of these days.” Homeros left and was soon heard arguing with the male slaves outside and herding them to their quarters.

Thessela got the distinct impression she had made an enemy, and she wasn’t quite sure how. She was just relieved he had gone. She collapsed on the bath chamber floor and broke down in tears. Korinna moved quickly over to embrace her.

“Don’t worry about him,” said Korinna. “He's afraid of making the mistress unhappy by treating you badly. He won’t do anything to hurt his position.” She winked. “Now dry your eyes and go.”

Thessela looked around nervously as she slipped out the back of the dormitory, almost expecting to see Homeros lurking in the shadows waiting for her, but the coast was clear. She slipped quickly down the path in the twilight and into the garden. By day the garden was a pretty place of tall thin cypress trees with bright colourful flower beds. There was a small shallow pool in the center surrounded by a well kept lawn that formed the center of the garden. By night it was a place of darker shapes, soft water sounds from the pool, and the tropical smells of flowers and cut grass. It was an almost magical place she thought, but she was nevertheless aware that she was alone in the dark, and wondered again if this was a smart thing to do. She didn’t see Rolf.

“Are you here,” she whispered, as she found her way across the small stretch of grass to the pool.

A large rough warm hand found hers and pulled her forward. Her body was suddenly up against a broad warm chest. Rolf’s arms were around her and he was tipping back her head as his lips took hers. “You came,” she gasped.

“I will always come for you,” he said. He pulled her more tightly against him, and she felt the evidence of his feelings hard against her abdomen through his leather slave shorts.

“I don’t want words,” she heard herself say. “I’m afraid. If I think about this, I won’t…”

He interrupted her by sliding his large hand down over the swell of her bottom, kissing her at the base of her neck, while his other hand started undoing her dress. "Everybody is undressing me today," she thought. Then one of his hands was caressing the side of her breast, while the other moved over her bum, pulling her body against him again, and she stopped thinking. He looked down at her as his hand teased her breast, his rough hands so gentle, moving closer to the nipple, never quite getting there. She felt her dress slip down to her waist as he finally cupped one of her breasts, feeling it fit into his warm hand. His other hand moved to slip her out of her dress the rest of the way.

“Touch me,” she gasped. “Please.”

He lowered her to the grass, still warm from the afternoon heat, sliding his hand up the inside of her thighs. She felt herself blush, as she let him part her legs. He was pushing her arms up above her head, stretching her breasts against her chest as he took one of her nipples into his mouth. She gasped as his hand slid down her belly and lightly stroked over the triangle of hair of her mons. His finger separated the lips of her sex and found the hot moisture as she pressed against his hand.

“Oh,” she gasped, as she tugged at him. She suddenly realized that he was not wearing anything, as he moved to cover her, his arms on either side of her torso. Then it was not his hand parting her, and he was looking down into her eyes as if she was his whole world, and she opened for him and impaled herself on him. She heard herself groan as he started to fill her, and she wrapped her legs around him, pulling him in. “Just for tonight,” she said, “I will want someone. Just for tonight.” And then she stopped thinking as he drove himself deep into her and she grabbed his shoulders and held him, pulling him deep and hard into her until her world became all lights and shuddering sensation, and she felt him stiffen and tremble as she felt his liquid warmth inside her.

They lay on the grass wrapped in each other. “I am glad you came to me," Rolf said, tracing her breast with his finger.

“I couldn't stop wanting you,” she said. “Now I’m afraid I will lose you.”

“Remember I said once that I would go?” said Rolf. “I would go to my home again?”

“Yes, I remember,” she felt a chill at the thought of him leaving, at the thought of Homeros and his threats, but Rolf pulled her into his embrace, wrapping her against his warm chest.

“If I go, I will take you with me,” he said. “You should not have to be a slave.”

But as happy as the night with Rolf had made her, she was a slave, Thessela thought as she finally slipped back to her dormitory. She quietly slipped inside hoping to quietly slide onto her pallet and pretend that morning would never come.

(to be continued...)
Wonderful writing Jollyrei!
:goodjob:
I have sneaking feeling Thessala's going to hear from that nasty Homeros soon:eek:

Part 4: Betrayal

Thessela hoped to slip back into the dormitory unseen. Instead, she found a turmoil. The other slave girls that shared the dorm were milling around, several of them in tears. Korinna saw her and rushed over, pulling her close.

“He knows,” whispered Korinna fiercely. “Homeros saw the big blonde slave leaving his dormitory. Then he came here and found you missing. He said he would flog a couple of the girls if he found out we knew anything ahead of time. Oh, Thessela…”

Thessela felt her world beginning to constrict. “What do I do?” she whispered.

“Just watch out. I think Homeros will try to hurt the blonde slave or have him punished. Watch him and be ready to warn the blonde man. Homeros won’t hurt you as long as he fears upsetting the mistress.”

That was not particularly comforting, thought Thessela as she went into the main house to help the mistress with her morning rituals. She was more uneasy when she found Homeros there as well.

“Oh, Thessela,” said Hypatia, “thank goodness you’re here. My silver combs are missing. Have you seen them? You used them to do my hair only yesterday.”

“No, Domina,” said Thessela. “I put them in the cupboard in your chamber as usual before we went out.”

“I will order a search of the house and slave quarters,” said Homeros. “I am sure we will find them, mistress.”

“Yes, do so, Homeros,” said Hypatia. “I do hope they turn up. They were a gift from Ampelios.”

Thessela noticed a sly smirk on Homeros’ face as he said, “Without a doubt, we will find them, and punish whoever is responsible if they are stolen.”

Watching Homeros leave to conduct his search, Thessela thought she knew where the combs would be found. He was upset that Rolf had been with her, taken something he wanted. She suddenly saw a vision of Rolf being dragged away for punishment. She knew slaves were often executed for stealing even small things. She felt suddenly cold.

“I don’t feel well,” she said quickly, “I am sorry, Domina…” and she ran out of the room.

“Whatever has come over her?” asked Hypatia. “She suddenly looked quite white. Find out if she’s alright, Korinna, and come back directly.”

Thessela ran straight to Rolf’s dormitory. She didn’t even know if he would be there, but she had to try to warn him. She ran into the main sleeping area and found him just rising. He smiled as he saw her rush in, but then saw the look of alarm on her face.

“You have to leave. Run!” she gasped, not letting him say anything. “Now! Homeros wants to hurt you. He knows you were with me, and now the mistress’ silver combs are missing, and I think he wants to say you are the thief. They’ll kill you! Oh, I couldn’t bear it!” She was tugging on his arm and crying, pushing his clothes at him. “Please,” she sobbed, “you have to run.”

Rolf quickly realized the futility of trying to confront or outwit Homeros. He was too well established with Ampelios. He knew he had to leave. Thessela watched him pull on his shorts and a tunic, wrapping some other belongings into a bundle. Rolf touched her cheek gently as they slipped out the back of the dormitory.

“I do not wish to leave you here,” he said quietly.

"I hate that you are leaving," she said, "but I would hate it more if you were hurt or killed." She tried to smile, but a tear ran down her cheek. Rolf grabbed her and kissed her hard. “I will go now,” he said to her urgently, “but I will come back for you. I cannot leave you here. You should not be a slave. Wait for me. I will come back for you. That is my promise.”

“Oh,” she cried, “yes! Let me go with you.”

"Not yet," he said. "I will find a way and then come to you. Be ready." And he quietly slipped away.

She watched him slip through the hedge, and he was gone. She sagged to the ground hugging her knees and sobbed, feeling completely alone. She was just a slave, and every time she found something good, she lost it. She had just found Rolf, and now he was gone too, before they had even had a chance together.

Finally, she pulled herself together. She would have to trust him to come back for her. She cautiously made her way back to her dormitory, hoping to wash her face and then present herself back at work, as if she had had only a mild indigestion. She quietly went inside. In the sleeping chamber, Korinna was staring at two silver combs held in the hands of Homeros who was with two other male slaves.

“No, it's not true,” Korinna said. “You know she didn’t steal them. She wouldn’t. You did this.”

Homeros ignored her accusation and smiled as he saw Thessela enter. “So, the thief returns. A mistake on your part,” he said. "I found these in your pallet. Take her!" he said to the two other slaves.

“Run, Thessela!” shouted Korinna, “he’s mad. He says you stole the combs from the mistress.”

But the two male slaves caught Thessela roughly by the arms, holding her tightly. She suddenly saw that she had miscalculated and that Homeros would happily destroy her to punish her for spurning him and to punish Rolf for taking what Homeros wanted. She felt her fate like a rising mist starting to envelop her, but she was happy Rolf was safe. “You can’t hurt him,” she said quietly, “he’s gone.”

Homeros saw what she meant, and smiled grimly. “Ah, so you’ve aided a slave to escape, in addition to stealing. We'll see what the master says about that.” And they marched her back to the main house to face Ampelios.

Thessela was dragged back into the main house by the two male slaves, one holding each arm. Homeros followed, carrying the damning silver combs, with Korinna running along with him.

"You can't do this!" she yelled at Homeros. "Thessela didn't take those combs and you know it."

"I know nothing of the sort," said Homeros smugly. "I know I found the combs in her pallet. You were there. You saw me. These two slaves saw you there as well when I found the combs."

"You're evil," said Korinna. "You'll let them punish her all because she didn't want you."

"No," said Homeros, "this is beyond me now. I couldn't stop it if I wanted to."

Ampelios and Hypatia met them in the central courtyard. It had once looked so pleasant to Thessela, but now the whole scene seemed to be oppressive, the pool full of dark water from which anything could rise and swallow her. She heard Homeros say he couldn't stop the course of events anymore, and felt the weight of her predicament. Only a miracle would save her from punishment. These two slaves clearly thought she was guilty, Homeros would not betray himself, and Korinna's word would not help her.

"So, Homeros," said Ampelios, "you've found the combs. Well done. You see, my darling," he added to his wife, "I told you it would all turn out."

"Why are these slaves holding my Thessela?" asked Hypatia.

"Domina," said Homeros deferentially, "it pains me to say, but the combs were found in her pallet."

"He placed them there," yelled Korinna. "He hates that she has your favour and wants to hurt her."

"I believe she wanted the combs to sell," said Homeros. "You see, she has already admitted that she helped the slave, Rolf, run away. I suspect she was planning to join him and thought that selling the combs would give them funds to escape Corinth."

"I can't believe it," said Hypatia. "Thessela, tell me this is not true."

"I didn't steal the combs, Domina," said Thessela quietly.

"Where is Rolf?" asked Ampelios.

"He is not on the estate," said Homeros confidently. "She plotted with him to help him escape."

"And where were the combs found?" Ampelios asked the two slaves holding Thessela.

"We were with Homeros conducting a search of the dormitories," said one. "The combs were found in a pallet in the female slaves' dormitory."

"Whose pallet?" Hypatia asked Korinna.

Korinna went pale. "Thessela's pallet," she whispered, and burst into tears. Thessela felt a tear run down her own face, knowing that Korinna had been manoeuvred neatly into betraying her, and how this must have hurt her. She had always feared that the worst would happen, had always dreaded losing the things she had, and now it appeared that the worst would happen. She felt the walls of her fate enclosing her. She closed her eyes and sighed.

"And Rolf is gone," said Ampelios, staring at Thessela.

"Yes, Dominus," said Homeros.

"Very well," said Ampelios. "She will face the penalty."

"Can't we give her another chance?" asked Hypatia. "She was such a good slave."

"Please," sobbed Korinna. "I know this is a mistake. She wouldn't steal."

"No, my darling," said Ampelios. "I know how you liked her, but even if we leave aside the combs, she has plotted to run away and helped another slave to run. She must be made an example if we are to have discipline. I am already more lenient than many masters. I will not be taken advantage of."

"Oh, Thessela," said Hypatia sadly. "Why?"

"He was my lover," said Thessela. "I was afraid for him."

"You are a slave," said Ampelios. "Your duty is only to this house. Lock her in the empty storage room for the night." he said to Homeros. "Inform the other slaves that she will be punished tomorrow. I will go now to make the arrangements."

Thessela was dragged out of the house to one of the outbuildings across from the dormitories. There were a group of workshops and storage sheds. Into one of these she was thrown, and the door was locked.

There was nothing else in the room. Bare plastered walls and a flagstone floor. The door was solid and there was no window, only three small vents near the top of the walls where they met the roof. Some light came in, but she remained in the shadows. She sat huddled on the floor with her back against the wall, hugging her knees, wondering what her punishment would be. Would they beat her? Would they kill her? She realized she had played into Homeros' hands by running to Rolf. It made the case against her even more damning, since now she had actually done something to merit punishment in the eyes of Ampelios.

She began to shiver and tremble, the hours of wondering and dreading what was to come taking their toll. It would be easier if she knew what she was supposed to be dreading. She felt very alone and abandoned again, and let a tear roll down her cheek. Nobody even came to check on her or bring her anything to eat or drink. Gradually the light disappeared as the sun finally set, and she sat in the room in total darkness.

She jumped when she heard a scratching at the door. A voice whispered, "You know I shouldn't do this," as the door was unlocked, "be quick."

"No," whispered a female voice, "just let me in. Then lock the door and leave. I don't want you punished as well." The door opened and Korinna slipped inside, carrying a small bundle and a candle. Thessela was so overwhelmed by the sight of her friend after spending all day alone that she burst into tears again.

"Oh, Thessela," cried Korinna, and the little slave girl rushed over to her and held her. There wasn't anything else to say, really, so she just held Thessela until she managed to stop crying.

"I didn't do it," gasped Thessela finally. "You know I didn't steal the combs."

"I know," said Korinna, and then she burst into tears. "I had to come," she sobbed. "I couldn't let you think I had betrayed you. I feel so terrible. And the other slaves...oh!" She stopped suddenly.

"What?" asked Thessela.

"They act like your punishment is an entertainment. I had to get away. It's like they want to see you punished."

"Oh," said Thessela sadly.

"I brought you some bread and cheese, and some water," said Korinna, and opened the small bundle. Thessela was not really hungry, but she was happy for the water.

"What will they do to me?" she asked finally, as Korinna hugged her close. She couldn't stop shivering it seemed. It was like dread, but also like excitement.

"I don't know," said Korinna. "There's never been a punishment of a slave since I was bought a year ago. All anyone will tell me is that the master is very upset and he went to see the Tribune in the city to report that he wants to publicly punish a slave."

Thessela sat up alarmed and grabbed Korinna by the shoulders. "What if they find you here with me?" she whispered urgently. She was suddenly afraid for her friend. "You might be punished as well."

"I don't care," said Korinna. "I couldn't let you think I had abandoned you. You're the only real friend I've had here."

The two women embraced each other again and huddled together. Neither spoke for a while, but Thessela found it was easier to wait with someone she loved with her. She heard Korinna's soft breathing as she fell asleep. She didn't think she would sleep herself, but finally dozed off.

Both women awoke in gray morning light coming from the vents, and the sound of the door being unlocked again.

"They're here," whispered Korinna. "Be brave."

"I'm afraid," said Thessela, "but I also just want to get this over with. Oh gods, I'm afraid." But she stood up, trembling and trying to be ready. How can I be ready for something when I don't even know what something is, she thought, as the door opened.

"So," said Homeros brightly, "the little slave girl sneaks off to help the condemned slave. How touching."

"I don't care what you do, Homeros," said Korinna hotly. "Thessela is my friend. I won't abandon her. Do what you want."

"I think the mistress will want you at your duties this morning, and I have no wish to upset the mistress further," said Homeros. "Thessela's crimes have done enough already. But since you're here, and wanting to be so helpful, you can help her strip and put a loincloth on her for her punishment. Now!" He tossed a strip of linen to Korinna.

Korinna looked at the linen in her hand, and then slowly up at Thessela. "I can't," she whispered.

"I don't think I have a choice," said Thessela. She hesitantly slipped the pins from the shoulder of her dress. As the shoulder straps parted, she instinctively hugged the dress to prevent it falling and exposing her in front of Homeros.

"We don't have all day," he growled. "Strip or I'll do it."

Thessela let the dress fall to the floor and stood totally naked in front of Homeros. She stood trembling, her eyes downcast, as Korinna rushed over with the piece of linen and wound it around her waist and between her legs, finally tying it into a rough loincloth. It almost concealed her sex. "The last modesty I get," thought Thessela.

"Let's go," said Homeros. "Take her," he barked to two male slaves.

"Are you ready?" asked Korinna as the slaves took hold of Thessela's arms.

"I don't think so," said Thessela, "but I have no choice."

"Move," said Homeros.

(to be continued...)

Part 5: The Last Walk

Thessela was dragged out of the storage room, with Korinna following close behind, back out into the courtyard between the utility buildings and the slave dormitories. She and Korinna, having spent so many hours enclosed in the darkness of the storage room, blinked and squinted, trying to make sense of what was happening as their eyes became accustomed to the morning light. It seemed bright, even though the sky was gray and overcast.

As her eyes became accustomed to the light, she saw that there were a lot of people in the courtyard, including many of Ampelios' slaves. They all seemed curious and excited, but nobody seemed sympathetic except Korinna, who stood with a pained expression on her face, tears streaming down her cheeks. She saw some soldiers and some other strangers, men in leather vests and work shorts with whips in their belts. Ampelios stood across the courtyard, talking to what looked like a Roman officer of some kind.

Thessela was dragged forward and left to stand in the centre of the courtyard. She had a sick feeling in her stomach, her fear growing minute by minute as she heard the murmur of the slaves and other onlookers. She trembled.

She was aware of all the eyes on her bared body. The combination of her fear and the cool wind making her very conscious of her naked skin. She felt eyes roving over the swell of her breasts, her nipples hard in the chill of the morning. She blushed, unable to cover herself with the two men holding her arms and dropped her eyes to the ground. Looking down her body, she saw that her loincloth, so hastily tied by Korinna had started to slip down her hip and shifted her legs, pressing them together in an effort to preserve some modesty. She gave a small moan of frustration when her movement caused to slide further down and she saw it was riding so low on her hips now that the top of her patch of pubic hair was showing.

Seeing her humiliation, Korinna darted forward and quickly retied the loincloth. She looked sadly up into Thessela's eyes.

"Thank you," whispered Thessela.

"Oh, Thessela," said Korinna and reached up to touch her cheek. She was roughly pushed aside by one of the men holding Thessela's arms.

"Out of the way," he growled. "No interfering with the prisoner." Korinna staggered under the man's shove and stood shaking in anger and sorrow.

Thessela was still trembling, her fear growing by the moment as she watched Ampelios talk to the Roman officer.

"Oh, you'll shake alright," said the slave holding her arms, leering at her. "You'll do a nice dance for us in a bit."

"What's going to happen to me?" Thessela tried to sound brave, but her voice barely whispered.

"Don't know," said the slave man. "If you're lucky, maybe they'll just have you flogged, and then sent to work in the stone pits. If you're unlucky..."

He didn't get to finish. Ampelios and the officer were coming over to her. The officer gave a hand signal to his men behind him.

Two of the men dressed in leather vests and work tunics came forward , carrying a beam of wood with a notch chiselled out in the centre. Thessela felt her legs start to shake, remembering where she had seen a beam like that before. The two men came to where Thessela was standing and dropped the beam to the ground. Thessela stared at the rough hewn wood, seeing the clear marks of nail holes and bloodstains on one side. She now found that her fear had a focus, and involuntarily gave a gasping cry. Even in her terror, she couldn't stop staring at the beam, fealing the thrill of dread.

Ampelios raised his voice. "The slave Thessela has betrayed my trust in her. She is a thief and a rebellious slave. I turn her over to the authority of Rome, to be crucified. Let this be an example to all my slaves. Be happy with what you have. If you rebel, punishment will be swift."

He looked at Thessela in disgust.

The Roman officer looked around. "Sir," he said to Ampelios, "it is general practice that the condemned is scourged before going to execution. I do not see a post for the lictors to use for such a purpose."

"No," said Ampelios. "I do not want her whipped here. It will create unnecessary excitement among my slaves, and will upset my family. They are not used to such things."

"You realize," said the officer, "that this is not a mercy for the condemned, as it will prolong her time on the cross."

"I do not care about the suffering of one slave, Optio," said Ampelios. "Just get her off my estate." He turned and marched off toward the house.

The words hit her like stones as she realized she was being thrown out of the only place she could have still thought of as home.

"Prepare her and let's get moving then," ordered the Optio to his men.

"No," whispered Thessela. "No," she said a bit louder, her voice sounding panicked, "I want to live. Not this!" She was spun around and pulled away from the two slave men who retreated back to the main crowd of slaves watching Thessela's ordeal.

Rough hands grabbed her shoulders and one of the men kicked her shins, causing her to cry out in pain and lose her balance. She was forced face down onto the pavement of the courtyard, the rough flagstone pressing against her cheeks, and abrading her breasts. She tried to kick her legs to get away, but two men held her down.

Korinna stood helplessly watching, whispering, "no, no," as she cried for her friend. Two of the leather clad men lifted the patibulum and carried it over to where Thessela lay struggling on the ground.

"No, let me go," Thessela cried, her voice more strident now. She felt a shadow cross over her and then there was the feel of the rough wood of the patibulum on her back and shoulders, the weight of the beam pressing down on her shoulder blades. The two men holding her arms pulled them roughly straight out from her sides along the patibulum, leaving her lying full length on the pavement. Ropes were wrapped around her forearms and the wood and bound, fastening her to the patibulum.

Then the two men stood and hoisted her to her feet, lifting her up off the pavement by hoisting the patibulum at each end. When she was standing, they let the full weight of it rest on her shoulders. She sagged under the weight of the wood, slightly bent over.

"Now you get to have a nice walk through the town to the harbour," said one of them, pinching her bottom. Pity a pretty little thing like you getting crucified, really," he said, "but you're lucky. You didn't get scourged first. You'll still have your looks. You'll get lots of admirers over the next couple of days."

"Lucky nothing," growled the other man. "Makes her hang longer, doesn't it, if she's not flogged?"

"Nothing to do with me," said the first man. He turned away leaving Thessela to sway under the weight of what was to her slim 5 foot 5 inch body a heavy beam. It was like a nightmare, she thought, except that she knew that however bad it got, she wouldn't be able to wake up.

Then Korinna was there again, holding her and helping her stand. "I can't bear it, Thessela," she sobbed. "You don't deserve this. I wish..."

"Now, don't upset the condemned woman," said the leather vested man coming back. He pulled Korinna away again and more gently pushed her to one side. Then he looked at Thessela with a smile that had no friendliness in it. Thessela, trying to keep her balance under the weight of the heavy wood, saw that he carried four long square nails, iron spikes really. Tears came to her eyes as she saw them. He had tied the nails together in a bundle with rough twine, with which he had also fashioned a wide loop.

He leaned in close and grabbed her by the hair, pulling her head up until he could slip the loop of twine over her head. Thessela looked up at him sadly as she felt the weight of the nails settle between her breasts.

"There," he said leaning his head in close to her face. "I just gave you a pretty necklace. Give us a kiss to thank me." She felt him fondle one of her breasts, cupping it in his rough hand, and rubbing the hard nipple with his thumb as he leaned his face in toward her lips.

"Enough of that," said the Optio sharply. "We don't have time for you to snog all the slave wenches here. If she's ready, we move out." And he motioned to his men and started striding to through the estate, past the main house toward the main gate.

"Move, you!" someone yelled behind Thessela. She heard the swish of a whip and then heard a snap sound as she felt the thongs against the small of her back. She gave a sobbing yelp of pain, and lurched forward. The soldiers and leather clad lictors arranged themselves around her behind the Optio and the small procession made its way through Ampelios estate, and out the main gate to the road that led to the main part of Corinth. One of the lictors walked directly behind Thessela with his whip ready to give her a lash if she tried to lag.

Korinna watched them leave, seeing Thessela walking slowly away under her burden, and hearing the excited chatter of the other slaves around her, speculating about Thessela's fate, none of them seeming to care that she had been one of them only a day before. She thought of her friend, getting more tired as she stumbled along the road to her fate. The thought of never seeing Thessela again became too much and she gave a sharp cry, and ran from the square. She reached the main gate, sobbing in anger and determination. She didn't know what she would do, but she would follow Thessela.

The first part of Thessela's last walk was, by comparison, not too bad. She had not been flogged, so she was not in a state of semi-shock. However, it did mean that all of her faculties were working. She had time to think about where the road would end, which was not a blessing. Knowing her fate was something of a relief. The dread of the unknown was gone. In its place however was a growing terror as she felt each sharp stone in the road on her bare feet, imagining what kind of pain the nails around her neck would cause. The terror built like a kind of excitement.

As she got more tired under the burden of the patibulum, she started losing some circulation in her arms, bound up to the wood, as they were. Sharp tingling like needles plagued her in both hands and up her arms. She became very thirsty as well, even though it was a cool day, and sweat ran down her back and down between her breasts and over her belly, and started to soak into the loincloth which had started to sag again.

As they moved into the main part of the city, more people started to join the procession. Young men, and even some women poked her when they could, trying to push her, throwing things. There were quite a few cat calls, and comments on her exposed body, including the hair at her sex, which was no longer completely covered by the loincloth.

Then the Optio turned them into the marketplace and the march through the main public area began. She was a spectacle in the market, the poor, pretty, condemned girl, carrying her cross to her death. She was the bad slave, the dirty whore who had betrayed civilized society. Either way, she was an entertainment.

One of the lictors stepped in front of her and stopped her. He tied up her loincloth again looking into her face the whole time he did it. She felt humiliated that this man who was going to torture and kill her was adjusting the last piece of clothing she had. At the same time, she felt grateful that he was not letting her go through the crowd completely naked. Then she was angry that she felt grateful to him, especially when he took the opportunity to cup her sex with his hand and slide a finger along her cleft. Even with the patibulum on her shoulders she stiffened and tried to jump. He grinned at her. Thessela scowled at him, but when he turned away, she shook with silent humiliated sobs.

She was pushed forward and stumbled on. They moved from the bakers and butchers, through the fruit and vegetable sellers, and then into the slave market. She looked up through her red tear-filled eyes at the line of colourful stalls, and platforms filled with naked men and women, only this time it was them that was looking at her with pity, just as she and Thalia had watched. Sure enough, she saw the fat Phoenician standing on his platform, looking uncomfortable at the sight of yet another crucifixion party. Beside him was a naked young slave girl, crying, just as Thalia had wept. "Why do things have to be so horrible?" she had asked. The Phoenician looked at her with some interest, and Thessela wondered if he would recognize her. Then he turned away. She sighed, and stumbled on toward the end of the market place.

The rest of the walk was just a haze of painful exhaustion. She had now been carrying the patibulum for several miles and for over an hour. She just made sure to put one foot in front of the other, feeling her back rubbed raw by the rough hewn wood, knowing that if she fell, nobody would break her fall. She just followed the feet of the lictor in front of her.

Finally they emerged from the streets of the city at the harbourfront. She looked up to see the ships at the docks, seagulls flying overhead looking for anything thrown away to eat. The sea was dull in the gray overcast day, and looked suitably ominous as her procession slowly worked its way up a small raised part of the beach and stopped.

Two of the lictors pulled her forward, and cut the ropes binding her to the patibulum. Her arms, so long deprived of proper circulation dropped to her sides. She was pushed down to sit on the grass where she collapsed as her patibulum was taken off to somewhere behind her. Another man came and pulled the bundle of nails from around her neck. She sat with her legs drawn up to her chin in exhaustion and misery.

Then she heard the sound of wood pieces being knocked totether, and the sounds of hammers. She sat up, adrenalin sparked by fear making her want to run, knowing she couldn't. She tried to look to see what the men were doing, to prepare herself for what was to come. She saw a long pole lying on the ground some meters away, with the lictors working to attach her patibulum to it. Her cross, she thought.

Then she was pulled into an embrace and Korinna's arms were around her. "Don't look," said Korinna, and kissed her firmly on the lips. "Look at me, just for now. I love you, Thessela. They can't take that away." And the two girls sat on the beach in each others arms.

(to be continued...)

Oh Jolly, this is so beautiful, so right!
I feel the weight of the wood, I walk awkwardly, my arms....my legs tremble with what is coming.
The nails around my neck, the crowd.
And sweet Korinna.
I tremble now, the assemble the cross :eek:

"And the two girls sat on the beach in each others arms."
Jollyrei, this is a wonderful story, beautifully told. Passion, innocence, betrayal, compassion, and we haven't even got to the crux yet! The quote above sums it up for me. Korinna, the girl who shares the walk of shame and comforts her friend. The one who reminds us that each victim has those who care and worry about them. Who suffer with them.
I think you have captured the essence of Thessela, too, a gentle young woman caught in a terrible situation, who is going to suffer terribly for the spite and envy of another.
You are inspiring me :)

Back
Top Bottom