Topless Gladiatrix Found !

Go to CruxDreams.com
Xerxes raised a huge army, built a bridge of ships across the Helespont and raised a fleet that was powerful for that time ... and he did not want to conquer Greece at all?! Well, I don't want to argue about that. I just wanted to remind us of Artemisa I. and I'll say she wasn't an invention of the Greeks.
The film '300 raise of an empire' of course falsifies the history, but that should also have become clear from my contribution.
And the Cretan Minoans were the immediate neighbors of the early Greeks at a time when their legends were developing. The Theseus' legend about the Minotaur confirms the contacts and disputes.

No topless gladiatrix, but women with sexy clothes in Roman times...

Roman Girls in “Bikinis”

A mosaic from the Villa Romana del Casale near Piazza Armerina, Sicily, 4th century AD:

Roman Girls in Bikini.jpg

The room is named after the mosaic and referred to as the Sala delle Dieci Ragazze (“Room of the Ten Girls”).

Of the ten women depicted in the mosaic, nine wear what look like two-piece bathing suits or sportswear. The bikini's bottom consists of a loincloth made of cloth or leather. It was called a subligaculum and is usually considered as a more scanty version of the male loincloth. The top part of the “bikini” consists of a small breast band. Such articles of clothing were worn by women who engaged in sports or otherwise had an active lifestyle.

As you can see, the mosaic with the "girls in bikini" covered an earlier mosaic, visible in the top left corner. You can also see that the young women do sports; they compete in running, play ball... And one of them wins the laurel wreath. A testament to ancient women's sports and sexy women's clothing in Roman times!

No topless gladiatrix, but women with sexy clothes in Roman times...

Roman Girls in “Bikinis”

A mosaic from the Villa Romana del Casale near Piazza Armerina, Sicily, 4th century AD:

View attachment 1249032

The room is named after the mosaic and referred to as the Sala delle Dieci Ragazze (“Room of the Ten Girls”).

Of the ten women depicted in the mosaic, nine wear what look like two-piece bathing suits or sportswear. The bikini's bottom consists of a loincloth made of cloth or leather. It was called a subligaculum and is usually considered as a more scanty version of the male loincloth. The top part of the “bikini” consists of a small breast band. Such articles of clothing were worn by women who engaged in sports or otherwise had an active lifestyle.

As you can see, the mosaic with the "girls in bikini" covered an earlier mosaic, visible in the top left corner. You can also see that the young women do sports; they compete in running, play ball... And one of them wins the laurel wreath. A testament to ancient women's sports and sexy women's clothing in Roman times!

Not much has changed in sports attire in 2,000 years.

cTibwOy-3927670851.jpgapril-ross-beach-volleyball-4169066033.jpgI0000y.ed8CIqays-4118828972.jpg

Xerxes raised a huge army, built a bridge of ships across the Helespont and raised a fleet that was powerful for that time ... and he did not want to conquer Greece at all?! Well, I don't want to argue about that. I just wanted to remind us of Artemisa I. and I'll say she wasn't an invention of the Greeks.
The film '300 raise of an empire' of course falsifies the history, but that should also have become clear from my contribution.
And the Cretan Minoans were the immediate neighbors of the early Greeks at a time when their legends were developing. The Theseus' legend about the Minotaur confirms the contacts and disputes.

Who are you calling cretans? :)

Perhaps he wanted to conquer Greece, perhaps not. The alternative, Persian view of the war according to Robert Graves

The Persian Version

Truth-loving Persians do not dwell upon
The trivial skirmish fought near Marathon.
As for the Greek theatrical tradition
Which represents that summer's expedition
Not as a mere reconnaissance in force
By three brigades of foot and one of horse
(Their left flank covered by some obsolete
Light craft detached from the main Persian fleet)
But as a grandiose, ill-starred attempt
To conquer Greece - they treat it with contempt;
And only incidentally refute
Major Greek claims, by stressing what repute
The Persian monarch and the Persian nation
Won by this salutary demonstration:
Despite a strong defence and adverse weather
All arms combined magnificently together.

Back
Top Bottom