Tor and IP bans

Go to CruxDreams.com
Folks,

I use Tor to access this forum because I don't like the very idea of my ISP tracking my kinky stuff and selling this information to whoever pays enough. However, it seems the forum blocks Tor as a spam bot prevention measure. Symptoms are an error message:

"Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your IP address has been banned."

To be able to continue I need to click into "New circuit for this site" and reload every page a lot of times, until it chooses another exit node with a non-blacklisted IP address. This makes participation very hard for now, and I fear it will become impossible as soon more exit nodes are added to this filter.

Well, spam bot prevention is very important and a valid measure, otherwise the forum would be infested with trash, scams, bots selling illegal stuff, etc. but it seems the rule is just picking every Tor user ... even innocent cute ones :smirky-innocent-girl-face:

However, is it possible to exempt users from this rule once they were already identified as not being spam bots? I suppose there is a way to not apply the IP filters to user form group "Approved users" (or how it is called in XenForo).

Opera's VPN is now banned by this site :(
Opera VPN Banned.jpg

Try Windscribe. Give them an email address and you get 10GB per month free. It actually works and you get a good choice of locations. I use it in Spain to watch English TV.
Will try it thanks.

Will try it thanks.
If you have two devices you can have two different accounts using different names so that way you can have permanent VPN for free by one starting at the beginning of the month and the second half way through. Don't have a VPN switched on when you register. Their system doesn't like it.

If you have two devices you can have two different accounts using different names so that way you can have permanent VPN for free by one starting at the beginning of the month and the second half way through. Don't have a VPN switched on when you register. Their system doesn't like it.
Thanks but I only ever access the internet from this PC. Still don't understand why I get the banned IP message when I use Opera though, as others seem to be able to use it without problems on here. Will have to see if it works on my mum's laptop from her internet connection, just in case there's something weird going on

Back
Top Bottom