What is your crime?

Go to CruxDreams.com
I'll go first. I tried to inspire a revolt against the local magistrate, for which I and 4 of my co-conspirators were sentenced to be nailed to the cross, completely naked, until we were all dead. Based on what we were told, the guards are going to do everything in their power to ensure we survive for as long as possible, on the magnitude of days. Perhaps even a week.

I'm presuming every single person in that image should be naked as they die on their cross?
Yup. Should have been (as was standard in Roman crucifixions) but I guess the decision why there are none that are naked in this scene is because it's from Spartacus (a very famous show) so I understand why the producers didn't go with the plan.

Would have been great seeing the girls naked though.

No crime. I bribed an official and manipulated certain contacts, calling in a favor. No one is to know. I just have to arrive at a pickup point at a certain time. They take me to the fortness with the cells by a covered wagon. I can pull out at any time. But once I arrive at the cells and go in there is no going back. Sentence is death, whipping severely of whole body front and back first, and a crown of thorns. Given plenty of water once on cross and no breaking of legs so as to prolong my suffering, hung as long as it takes. One detail I paid for is I am crucified on a day with some female victims as well as male; and set between two of them. All are barechested with a loincloth, nails, (through both hands and wrists plus one for both feet crossed), although rope is also used for upper arms. Nailed to a cross beam and raised to a scaffold where feet are then nailed. All in my crucifixion party are nailed in same way.

I'll go first. I tried to inspire a revolt against the local magistrate, for which I and 4 of my co-conspirators were sentenced to be nailed to the cross, completely naked, until we were all dead. Based on what we were told, the guards are going to do everything in their power to ensure we survive for as long as possible, on the magnitude of days. Perhaps even a week.
A conspirator! Sounds good to me! You knew in advance what risks you took, if you got caught; You even have watched crucifixions of other conspirators. Of course, the magistrate, or anyone you conspired against, does not want you to turn into a martyr, so they charge you with a few other, more demeaning crimes too (acts you either commited as part of the conspiracy, or interpreted as such by court, or simply extracted by a bit of torture). In order to degrade the conspirators a bit more, they add a few real criminals to the lot of crucified.

I’m just a slave that has outlived it’s usefulness- Master always said he’d crucify me when He was bored with me… crucified for being a slave- scourged, and shackles and loincloth left on, to mark me as a worthless slave, nailed, condemned to enter the afterlife in chains, still a slave…

I’m just a slave that has outlived it’s usefulness- Master always said he’d crucify me when He was bored with me… crucified for being a slave- scourged, and shackles and loincloth left on, to mark me as a worthless slave, nailed, condemned to enter the afterlife in chains, still a slave…
Not me! In the conspiracy scenario, I am someone with some status in society, at least a free person. The falling down induced by the crucifixion, is part of it.

For an added bonus, what exactly is your sentence (temp vs death, sentence duration, nude vs loincloth, nails vs tied, etc.)
About the 'added bonus'

temp vs death : both, but no ‘temp’ without a later ‘death’ (I am hard to learn).
sentence duration : ‘temp’ : 2-3 hours, ‘death’ : at least 24 hours (overnight)
nude vs loincloth : nude
nails vs. tied : ‘temp’ only tied, of course, ‘death’, both.

About the 'added bonus'

temp vs death : both, but no ‘temp’ without a later ‘death’ (I am hard to learn).
sentence duration : ‘temp’ : 2-3 hours, ‘death’ : at least 24 hours (overnight)
nude vs loincloth : nude
nails vs. tied : ‘temp’ only tied, of course, ‘death’, both.
I could die even if tied or suspended on cross because I am old because the heat and humidity may kill me if I am too long outside on the cross in the hot Sun.
nude guard or condemned always tied or suspended with cuffs (no loincloth period)

let us try:
In is:
- denying the existence of the Covid-19 virus
- being against the vacc
- promoting flat earth
- not believing in climate change and saint Greta
out is:
- being murder
- being thief
- being son of god

we also have to consider what clothes we have to wear at the crucifixion. Looking at todays swimming places I conclude

out is:
- nudity
- loincloth
- tiny, small things

in is
- full cloth
- sweatpants

No comes to my favourite equipment

out is:
- cornu
- sedile
- nails

in is:
- bostitch
- glue
- electro torture.

Five people, you say?

#5 : You need money; one, who has interest in the success of the conspiracy, provides it, perhaps obtained using criminal ways : illegal money transactions, theft, fraud.

#4 : You need at least an insider, someone close to, and trusted by the target of the conspiracy, who knows the way and the habits : theft of official documents, treason, perjury, bribing, spying.

#3 and #2 : You need two handmen for the physical job (arrest or even execution) : planning for murder illegal possession of weapons, spying. One of them is also an insider, familiar to the target of the conspiracy : bribing, treason.

#1 Finally the leader of the conspiracy, who is charged with all crimes, and all are charged with criminal conspiracy.

A conspiracy needs some scheming too : add scamming to all crimes.

The conspiracy failed, because one of them broke the security precautions, needed to keep the plot secret. The conspirators are crucified, together with three criminals : a murderer, a drug dealer, a sexual offender (and perhaps a slave who has displeased his master).

In an alternative scenario, two women are added to the conspiracy : one is a clerk in the office, who, as part of the plan, seduces the magistrate and on the planned time of the conspiracy, takes care that he is at a place where the conspirators want him to be, in order to facilitate the job.

In this scenario, the real genius behind the conspiracy, is the wife of #1. He is a bit reluctant, uncertain, and the weakest link.

By chance, under influence, he causes a minor accident and is caught with incriminating evidence, he was carrying with him against all orders from the co-conspirators. Questioned about it, he quickly tries to talk himself out by revealing the entire plan, but that would not save him from the cross.

I apologize in advance for being boring, but the question of choosing a crime for crucifixion is not as simple as it may seem at first glance. Most of the answers were offered not even in the paradigm of the play, but in the paradigm of playing the play. No one really wants to commit a crime invented by him and become a victim of state terror. Moreover, it seems to me that no one also wants to play a character who would actually commit this fictional crime. Here we consider second-order virtuality. The problem of scenarios for virtuality of the first order is that the crime and punishment for it should not cause real damage and violate fundamental rights. However, the crime and punishment at the same time must be real. Such crimes exist. As an example, sexual crimes without aggravating circumstances in the form of an attempt on health or dignity can be mentioned. Sex is a physiologically normal process, but some types of sex are considered a crime. You can add kidnapping to or escape from non-commercial sexual slavery. However, I would not like to limit the scenarios only to the sphere of sexuality...

I apologize in advance for being boring, but the question of choosing a crime for crucifixion is not as simple as it may seem at first glance. Most of the answers were offered not even in the paradigm of the play, but in the paradigm of playing the play. No one really wants to commit a crime invented by him and become a victim of state terror. Moreover, it seems to me that no one also wants to play a character who would actually commit this fictional crime. Here we consider second-order virtuality. The problem of scenarios for virtuality of the first order is that the crime and punishment for it should not cause real damage and violate fundamental rights. However, the crime and punishment at the same time must be real. Such crimes exist. As an example, sexual crimes without aggravating circumstances in the form of an attempt on health or dignity can be mentioned. Sex is a physiologically normal process, but some types of sex are considered a crime. You can add kidnapping to or escape from non-commercial sexual slavery. However, I would not like to limit the scenarios only to the sphere of sexuality...
Of course, no one wants this to happen in reality (mind you, it could happen, if circumstances are at odd). But I do not see the point. It is fantasy, it is a mind play, it is just exciting fantasy. Nothin more than cerebral fun.

Back
Top Bottom