Your Favorite Music

Go to CruxDreams.com
My favorite music would be what some describe as Gothic. Favorites would be Joy Division, Siouxsie And The Banshees, The Cure and Bauhaus. Members of this site should checkout Bauhaus's " Stigmata Martyr", it is one badass song. My favorite album is either Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures or Closer, it is pretty much a draw between the two. Members who have not heard these two albums should check them out, both are great.

I like it, but am irritated by 'more deadlier than the male',
it's not just ungrammatical, it keeps messing up the rhythm -
Kipling wrote:

WHEN the Himalayan peasant meets the he-bear in his pride,
He shouts to scare the monster, who will often turn aside.
But the she-bear thus accosted rends the peasant tooth and nail,​
For the female of the species is more deadly than the male.

I have to agree with you, Eul. Frankly I don't know why they changed this as it is not only wrong, as you say, but the correct version would sound better too. Just smacks of a lack of basic education among these musicians LOL. No surprise there really, as "proper education" disappeared when the Sex Pistols arrived on the scene :(

I like it, but am irritated by 'more deadlier than the male',
it's not just ungrammatical, it keeps messing up the rhythm -

Another great moment in the great tradition of bad musical grammar.
America, "A Horse With No Name": In the desert you can remember your name/'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain
Steve Miller, "Take the Money & Run"; Billy Mack is a detective down in Texas/You know he knows just exactly what the facts is
The Beach Boys, "I Get Around":My buddies and me are gettin' real well known
Black Sabbath, "Iron Man":Heavy boots of lead fills his victims full of dread
The Carpenters "Merry Christmas, Darling":But I can dream, and in my dreams,/ I'm Christmasing with you. (We loved you, Karen. But, really, "Christmasing"?)
Paul McCartney & Wings, "Live & Let Die":But if this ever-changing world in which we live in/Makes you give in and cry, live and let die.​

Another great moment in the great tradition of bad musical grammar.
America, "A Horse With No Name": In the desert you can remember your name/'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain
Steve Miller, "Take the Money & Run"; Billy Mack is a detective down in Texas/You know he knows just exactly what the facts is
The Beach Boys, "I Get Around":My buddies and me are gettin' real well known
Black Sabbath, "Iron Man":Heavy boots of lead fills his victims full of dread
The Carpenters "Merry Christmas, Darling":But I can dream, and in my dreams,/ I'm Christmasing with you. (We loved you, Karen. But, really, "Christmasing"?)
Paul McCartney & Wings, "Live & Let Die":But if this ever-changing world in which we live in/Makes you give in and cry, live and let die.​

I occasionally get depressed, and when I do, it's bad. I could really empathize with Karen Carpenter's pain as she sang "Goodbye to love". How she felt unloved, and needed the approval of others. You were taken far too early Karen! You are sorely missed.

Dr Cruxmeister Who

I occasionally get depressed, and when I do, it's bad. I could really empathize with Karen Carpenter's pain as she sang "Goodbye to love". How she felt unloved, and needed the approval of others. You were taken far too early Karen! You are sorely missed.

Dr Cruxmeister Who
The one thing Karen Carpenter knew she could control was her weight. Never a skinny child or young adult, she was conscious of the way she looked and was dieting obsessively by the mid-1970s. She sought help for anorexia, but apparently never devoted herself fully to a cure. Her mother found her dead on the morning of Feb. 4, 1983, on the floor of a walk-in closet at home. Karen had been taking massive amounts of ipecac syrup, which induces vomiting.

Karen's own all-time favorite Carpenters song was 1976's "I Need to Be in Love," which can be thought of as the theme of her life. One of the lines goes, "So here I am with pockets full of good intentions / but none of them will comfort me tonight." If nothing else, on the 30th anniversary of her death, those of us who got slammed against a locker simply for liking The Carpenters still have her music — her voice — for some comfort.
merci for you tribute cruxmeister;)

Wow. Has it really been 31 years? Did I need to be reminded I am getting old?
I have to admit, I was never a Carpenters fan. In 1983 I was listening to The Clash, U2, Talking Heads, The Police, KISS, Def Leppard, The Ramones. But, I did recognize that Karen Carpenter had a beautiful voice & was shocked to hear she had died. If one good thing came of it, it was to make people aware of anorexia, a condition little known or understood at the time. We will never know how many lives her death may have saved.

Back
Top Bottom