Alice, Daughter of Barabbas

Go to CruxDreams.com
These girls and their vegetable knives :facepalm:
I WAS MORE THINKING THAT IT'S BARB AGAIN. HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY COUNTED HOW MANY TIMES SHE'S BEEN CRUCIFIED? I'VE LOST COUNT.
49588928243_2491fc065e_b.jpg

Oh Wraggie, please let me down. It hurts so much! Pretty please! AHHHHHHHH!!! Dear God it hurts so! I can’t stand it any longer! PLEASE!!!
YOU'D THINK YOU'D BE USED TO IT BY NOW. :p

Oh Wraggie, please let me down. It hurts so much! Pretty please! AHHHHHHHH!!! Dear God it hurts so! I can’t stand it any longer! PLEASE!!!
I'd love to, dear, only I loaned my nail-pulling pincers to @thehangingtree and he hasn't given them back yet. :D
Archbishop Wragg, Barbara has been crucified as the means to put her to death. Remember, she is the rebel leader that wanted to oust you from leadership of the Church of Cruxton. Of course her crucifixion is causing her great pain. She will welcome her passing- when it comes. Use a pry bar to remove the spikes once she dies. It may break a few bones but she won't feel a thing...

Besides, I still need the nail-pullers. My remodel of my bar is not done yet!

I don't think Ψυχή occurs in the NT, though it was certainly an important word for Plato, and in Platonic philosophy - which might be a reason why Christian writers, at least at first, avoided it. πνεῦμα was used in the Septuagint to translate רוּחַ, rūaḥ, which I think has the same sense of 'breath', a Hebrew rather than Hellenic concept of 'spirit'.
Jesus gives up πνεύμα on the cross., except in Mark where he "breathes his last".

If you look in your Greek Concordance of the New Testament (surely everyone has one),
there are places where Ψυχή and πνεύμα appear together. One is Matthew 12:18, which quotes
Isaiah the prophet (so Old Testament). God says his servant pleases his soul (Ψυχή), and he will
put his spirit (πνεύμα) “upon” him. Another is the Magnificat, where Mary says “my soul (Ψυχή) magnifies
the Lord, and my spirit (πνεύμα) rejoices in God my Savior”.

So the soul and spirit are different—the spirit seems to be a go-getter compared to the soul.
The soul seems to be something that just hangs out and lets the spirit do the work.

So which are you talking to when you use your Ouija board? Probably the spirit.

Do the two always go together? If so, the spirit as a separate member of the trinity seems to
imply the God is schizophrenic, unless the Spirit and the Father each have their own pair, or the
Father uses a separate Spirit as a gofer and only has a soul.

Women seem to have a pair just like men, and Paul says there is neither male nor female in heaven,
so sex doesn’t seem to be an attribute of the pair.

I guess you should just trust your local shaman to handle this for you and not try to figure it out
yourself.

Jesus gives up πνεύμα on the cross., except in Mark where he "breathes his last".

If you look in your Greek Concordance of the New Testament (surely everyone has one),
there are places where Ψυχή and πνεύμα appear together. One is Matthew 12:18, which quotes
Isaiah the prophet (so Old Testament). God says his servant pleases his soul (Ψυχή), and he will
put his spirit (πνεύμα) “upon” him. Another is the Magnificat, where Mary says “my soul (Ψυχή) magnifies
the Lord, and my spirit (πνεύμα) rejoices in God my Savior”.

So the soul and spirit are different—the spirit seems to be a go-getter compared to the soul.
The soul seems to be something that just hangs out and lets the spirit do the work.

So which are you talking to when you use your Ouija board? Probably the spirit.

Do the two always go together? If so, the spirit as a separate member of the trinity seems to
imply the God is schizophrenic, unless the Spirit and the Father each have their own pair, or the
Father uses a separate Spirit as a gofer and only has a soul.

Women seem to have a pair just like men, and Paul says there is neither male nor female in heaven,
so sex doesn’t seem to be an attribute of the pair.

I guess you should just trust your local shaman to handle this for you and not try to figure it out
yourself.
Exegesis not withstanding, boy am I in over my warped Catholic head!
Where can I take the class y'all? (And don't tell me to take Greek! I had all I wanted to handle with Latin!)
What should be the subject of my doctoral thesis to remain a respectable member of the Forum?
:eusa_doh:

Last edited:
Standing beneath the crosses, was a cloaked figure. Alice laughed. “That’s not Death, that’s Ruth!”

“Look closer…”

Alice gasped in shock at the spectral being! Death? But why was Death wearing Ruth’s clothes?
OH SURE. I GET A CAMEO, AND I'M IN DRAG. :rolleyes: :facepalm:

I realized I missed the last couple of segments there, Wragg. Sorry. Those last 3 sections have some brilliant work and a very poignant story. You worked the tragedy beautifully. And the illustrations were fantastic. So much work in there. You tell a fine tale.
:goodjob::beer::clapping::clapping:

Latin is much more helpful than Greek: Romanes eunt domus.
sddefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom