Automation and Robotisation in torture

Go to CruxDreams.com

Dafmads

Magistrate
The world is turning on and changes habits we are used to. Digitalization and robotisation are keywords of technical developments, we meet nearly everywhere in our daily life.

Let’s have a look at the ways, these trends could change punishment and torture in the near future.
Imagine, how standard - duties like a daily whipping could be done by machines, while the human expert takes his time for a ‘feeling’ and long lasting interrogation.
I know, the direct contact to one’s victim is priceless: To feel the cold sweat, smell the fear, feel the welts and bruises and to hear the screams.

Imagine on the other side the mercilessness of a torturing machine: No plea, no begging reaches a human ear, no deviations from the programmed plan- this cold cruelty has it’s charm as well.

Who knows, which stages of automatisation are already being used?
Think of an electric prod, set to random shocks, while the torturer is having his breakfast.

I throw some of my drawings onto the stage. Maybe they start a discussion, invite you to add pictures, works and thoughts.

My first idea ist to undurden the wardens of a penitentiary from the regular whippings.
Imagine: Dozens of inmates need to receive their weekly punishment. It is fun - at the very beginning of your career as warden - but after the first weeks you'd rather accompany the experienced colleagues at the more intensive 'treatments' in the basement.
And it is fair to the inmates: They receive exactly the programmed lashes with the defined force.

AutoWhip4.jpg

As soon as the judges decide to implement other punishments in their sentences than whippings, the castigations-industrie needs to follow with adapted machines. This robot is restricted to needle-torture, but ist doing this task with great exactness and cold cruelty. Well- not completely cold.

MaschTort_Needle2.jpg

In this setting the convicts receive multiple tortures: A full-body front-whipping, electric vaginal shocks and choking near unconsciousness. All in random order and intensity, surveyed by sensors. The first inmate's punishment is already runnning, while the second girl ist getting prepared.
The advantage of these separated devices ist it's versatile use: Front- and backside-whippings are possible, anal shokings as well as a slow execution by the choke.

AutoPunish2.jpg

What sort of torture do you prefer? Are you a fan of good old handcraft, need contacht to your victim? Want to feel her/ his reactions on your cruelties? Or do you prefer the exactness and mercilessness of a machine?
Or from the victim's view: If you had the choice, would you choose the human torturer with all his / her unpredictability or the cold, ruthless machine?

RobotOrHandywork3.jpg

There is still a lot of backbreaking work for the guards fastening the victim to the apparatus. Can you think of a multipurpose restraint/torture/punishment device they can be kept in for the duration?

There is still a lot of backbreaking work for the guards fastening the victim to the apparatus. Can you think of a multipurpose restraint/torture/punishment device they can be kept in for the duration?
A very compassionate (with the guards) thought- thank you.
Which duration do you think of? Several days? Longer? Would it be a sort of automated cell, in which the victim is being helt, fed, cleaned and punished?
You are right, that would be a consequent robotisation of long-time torture/punishments.
I already thought of (and drew) torture-cubicles, more meant for entertainment than for long-term use. This concept might fit to your idea, if nourishment is added.
In case, I understood you right.

The world is turning on and changes habits we are used to. Digitalization and robotisation are keywords of technical developments, we meet nearly everywhere in our daily life.

Let’s have a look at the ways, these trends could change punishment and torture in the near future.
Imagine, how standard - duties like a daily whipping could be done by machines, while the human expert takes his time for a ‘feeling’ and long lasting interrogation.
I know, the direct contact to one’s victim is priceless: To feel the cold sweat, smell the fear, feel the welts and bruises and to hear the screams.

Imagine on the other side the mercilessness of a torturing machine: No plea, no begging reaches a human ear, no deviations from the programmed plan- this cold cruelty has it’s charm as well.

Who knows, which stages of automatisation are already being used?
Think of an electric prod, set to random shocks, while the torturer is having his breakfast.

I throw some of my drawings onto the stage. Maybe they start a discussion, invite you to add pictures, works and thoughts.
I have always loved stories and images about robots and machines doing the torturing. It's very impersonal and merciless. I'll see if I can find some of the stories and artwork again to share.

Back
Top Bottom