Bondage / Captivity / Interrogation / Torture Scenes in Mainstream Movies

Go to CruxDreams.com
Sorry I was not aware of your review before. As I said in my review I found acting 'adequate' but not at the top.
It's all good. I think bits and pieces of many of these movies have been scattered in different threads (whipping, branding, rack torture, etc. etc.) So it's great having a thread devoted to mainstream movies to kinda get the whole story on some of these scenes.

View attachment 709761View attachment 709762View attachment 709763View attachment 709764Some movies have got,among their primary elements of attraction, one or more
scenes of tortures of women: this happens also to
"BARBARIAN QUEEN" (1985) which at last is no more than an entertaining film of the genre "
Sword and Sorcery". The main torture scene sees actress Lana Clarcson, in the title role, bound topless to a vertical rack. She was not (she was murdered in 2003 at age of 40) a particularly skilled actress but her body acted for her. She is tortured by a hand shaped device incorporating a needle scratching her breast. Her torturer removes her panties with the intention to rape her,but he is plunged into a tub filled with acid before succeeding. (In Countries subject to censorship the attempted rape looses effect because an illusion (????)is given that the actress still is wearing
something on her intimate part)
What about the female crucifixion scene early on.....??
An unfortunate villager is resting/leaning upon a fence,her naked breasts are covered in burn marks,and now she's obviously used as a sex toy....about to be used by a dirty old man.but is rescued by our Heroine, sadly she carks it before too long....my first libido zapper scene !!
1128233722.jpgattachment-22-1.jpg

MV5BN2Y5NjllYzMtYzk1MC00MWNmLWE0YTktYTVkZDhiZDE2MmExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjIyNjE2NA@@__V1_.jpg

Attachments

• 1)The Viking Queen (1967) DVDRip-002 (1)-001 (1)-002 (1)-001 (1)-001 - Copia.mkv
    7.3 MB · Views: 239
  • 2)The Viking Queen (1967) DVDRip-002 (1)-001 (1)-002 (1)-001 (1)-002 - Copia.mkv
    9.2 MB · Views: 210
  • 3)The Viking Queen (1967) DVDRip-002 (1)-001 (1)-002 (1)-001 (1)-003 - Copia.mkv
    7.1 MB · Views: 192
  • 4)The Viking Queen (1967) DVDRip-002 (1)-001 (1)-002 (1)-001 (1)-004 - Copia.mkv
    8.6 MB · Views: 169
  • 5)The Viking Queen (1967) DVDRip-002 (1)-001 (1)-002 (1)-001 (1)-005 - Copia.mkv
    7.4 MB · Views: 155
  • 6)The Viking Queen (1967) DVDRip-002 (1)-001 (1)-002 (1)-001 (1)-006 - Copia.mkv
    7.6 MB · Views: 164
  • 7)The Viking Queen (1967) DVDRip-002 (1)-001 (1)-002 (1)-001 (1)-007.mkv
    9.1 MB · Views: 166
  • 8)The Viking Queen (1967) DVDRip-002 (1)-001 (1)-002 (1)-001 (1)-008.mkv
    7.6 MB · Views: 174
  • 9)The Viking Queen (1967) DVDRip-002 (1)-001 (1)-002 (1)-001 (1)-009.mkv
    2.7 MB · Views: 159
MV5BNmE2ZjhkMmUtZjY0Zi00OWYyLWJhZDktOTYxNmQwZmMyOWI3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzAwOTU1MTk@__V1_SY1000_CR...jpgMV5BNTdlY2NlZTYtOWRmMC00NDhlLTk1YmQtNWUzMDQwN2VmYWY1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODc0MjMwMzQ@__V1_.jpgMV5BZmU4NmQyYjAtMTI2Zi00NGY4LThkYTQtMzQ2NjYwNzhlODUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzAwOTU1MTk@__V1_SY1000_CR...jpgThe Viking Queen   1963   Poster.jpgDon Murray and Carita in The Viking Queen   1963.jpgThe famous British Company Hammer produced "THE VIKING QUEEN" in 1967. My interest in ancient History induced me to see this film at its first theatrical release years ago. My expectations were of a film of action and entertainment, but I was in for something more. I admit to have been emotionally involved by this love story, set in 1st century's AD
Britain ruled by the Romans. Briefly the Queen of Icenis falls for the commander of the Roman garrison, but times and events make a happy end impossible. The movie did not dispose of big budget
s but it has many qualities: direction goes at brisk pace, photography and scenarios (shot in
Ireland) are beautiful. The script's ambitions feature a rather complicate plot where violence, romance, politics and bloody confrontations between people of different creed and origin converge. In the leading roles are Don Murray (the Roman commander) and Carita Jarvinen (The Queen).
Murray appears a little bit displaced by his role while Carita, a debutante Finnish model at her first acting experience, tries her best.
I will not add other details of the story. I can only add that it was freely inspired by the true story of the Icene Queen Boadicea (or Boudicca).
Since the start of the film a sensation of sadness lingers. A melancholy soundtrack accompanies the events till the inevitable sour ending.

It's all good. I think bits and pieces of many of these movies have been scattered in different threads (whipping, branding, rack torture, etc. etc.) So it's great having a thread devoted to mainstream movies to kinda get the whole story on some of these scenes.
I agree with you.
Also I am of the advice that the idea of Dommu to open this thread is appreciable and deserving some considerations.
Dommu's 'mainstream' mention in the thread's title should be, by itself, a guarantee that the quality of the insertions is of high levels, but it is not always so. This space could even turn into a potential attraction to this Forum also of Readers outside our Community who are not necessarily interested in torture scenes, but who- after our reviews- want to see films they didn't know before or had not the opportunity to see. But this being a Community whose main interests(including mine)are in torture,interrogations,bondage,etc. this cannot and must not become a rule. So please everybody feel free to behave according to his liking.
I expressed a personal consideration only feeling glad for the opportunity given by this thread,to share with others my interest in cinema within the limits of my knowledge and of the time available.
Thanks to all for attention

Nuns of Saint Archangel.jpg

Attachments

• 1)Le Monache Di Sant'Arcangelo - Limited Edition (Domenico Paolella '73) UNCUT - Anne Heywood,...mkv
    9.3 MB · Views: 324
  • 2)Le Monache Di Sant'Arcangelo - Limited Edition (Domenico Paolella '73) UNCUT - Anne Heywood,...mkv
    8 MB · Views: 330
  • 3)Le Monache Di Sant'Arcangelo - Limited Edition (Domenico Paolella '73) UNCUT - Anne Heywood,...mkv
    8.6 MB · Views: 308
  • 4)Le Monache Di Sant'Arcangelo - Limited Edition (Domenico Paolella '73) UNCUT - Anne Heywood,...mkv
    8.5 MB · Views: 302
  • 5)Le Monache Di Sant'Arcangelo - Limited Edition (Domenico Paolella '73) UNCUT - Anne Heywood,...mkv
    9.1 MB · Views: 283
  • 6)Le Monache Di Sant'Arcangelo - Limited Edition (Domenico Paolella '73) UNCUT - Anne Heywood,...mkv
    7.7 MB · Views: 266
  • 7)Le Monache Di Sant'Arcangelo - Limited Edition (Domenico Paolella '73) UNCUT - Anne Heywood,...mkv
    8 MB · Views: 280
  • 8)Le Monache Di Sant'Arcangelo - Limited Edition (Domenico Paolella '73) UNCUT - Anne Heywood,...mkv
    4.6 MB · Views: 283
Nuns of Saint Archangel (2).jpgNuns of Saint Archangel (3).jpgNuns of Saint Archangel (4).jpgSantArcangelo-a-Baiano.jpgSantArcangelo-Baiano_DSC_0124.jpgAgata Arcamone one fo the Nuns of Saint Archangel.jpg"NUNS OF SAINT ARCHANGEL" (1973)directed by Domenico Paolella. Starring: Anne Heywood,Martine Brochard, Luc Merenda, Ornella
Muti (at one of her first appearances on screen).It is an italian movie of the "nunsploitation" genre but trascending it for good direction,acting and photography based on an interesting storyline. It consists of an account of intrigues and crimes occurring both inside and outside the walls of a convent of Benedectine Nuns at Baiano (Naples) flowing into tragical ending. I deem better not to disclose details of the narration for those who have not seen the film. Not too long before end the torture scenes, well acted, are credible and shot at angles and with a style reminder of ancient stamps and paintingsnun_and_devil1.jpg illustrating scenes of inquisition. Please allow me to add some curiosities: the script was (freely) inspired by true events
that I will try to summarize:
-Chronicles of 16th century report that in 1577 the Monastery of Saint Archangel and the Church at Baiano - situated in Naples' central sections of 'Pendino' and 'San Lorenzo' - were suppressed after continuous and persistent rumors surged of(quote)
''immorality,scandals, monastiic orgies
and nefandous acts" committed by the " rebel nuns' of Baiano. The nuns were transferred by the Bishop to another Convent (San Gregorio Armeno) ''to quench their frenzy induced by devil's possession". The Bishop also called for exorcists monks"" to free the convent from obscure demons". A final note : in 593 AD the Monastery and Church were built on the remnants of a pagan sacellum where propitiatory rites were held. Some believed that ,for this reason ,the nuns were affected by strange influences

View attachment 712193View attachment 712194View attachment 712195View attachment 712196View attachment 712197View attachment 712198"NUNS OF SAINT ARCHANGEL" (1973)directed by Domenico Paolella. Starring: Anne Heywood,Martine Brochard, Luc Merenda, Ornella
Muti (at one of her first appearances on screen).It is an italian movie of the "nunsploitation" genre but trascending it for good direction,acting and photography based on an interesting storyline. It consists of an account of intrigues and crimes occurring both inside and outside the walls of a convent of Benedectine Nuns at Baiano (Naples) flowing into tragical ending. I deem better not to disclose details of the narration for those who have not seen the film. Not too long before end the torture scenes, well acted, are credible and shot at angles and with a style reminder of ancient stamps and paintingsView attachment 712192 illustrating scenes of inquisition. Please allow me to add some curiosities: the script was (freely) inspired by true events
that I will try to summarize:
-Chronicles of 16th century report that in 1577 the Monastery of Saint Archangel and the Church at Baiano - situated in Naples' central sections of 'Pendino' and 'San Lorenzo' - were suppressed after continuous and persistent rumors surged of(quote)
''immorality,scandals, monastiic orgies
and nefandous acts" committed by the " rebel nuns' of Baiano. The nuns were transferred by the Bishop to another Convent (San Gregorio Armeno) ''to quench their frenzy induced by devil's possession". The Bishop also called for exorcists monks"" to free the convent from obscure demons". A final note : in 593 AD the Monastery and Church were built on the remnants of a pagan sacellum where propitiatory rites were held. Some believed that ,for this reason ,the nuns were affected by strange influences
Velut Luna's story, 'The Devil in the Convent', is based on that history -
in our Archive at: http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/resources/the-devil-in-the-convent.338/

Once again, as with Buffy above, we turn to the theme of Sacrifice. The 2010 movie "Clash Of The Titans" is, as so many Hollywood movies are, based on a true myth, in this case that of Perseus and Andromeda. In this CGI laden version, the god Hades has kindled Zeus' wrath against humans, and ostensibly on behalf of Zeus, demands that Andromeda, the princess of the city Argos, be sacrificed to the Kraken to appease Zeus. Perseus, the half human, half son of Zeus, goes on a quest to rescue her. Since Andomeda's father is reluctant to sacrifice her, eventually the terrified residents of the city break into the palace and drag Andomeda away.

alexa davalos9.PNG The mythological dominoes begin to fall with the immortal words of Zeus (Liam Neeson): "Release the Kraken!"

Alexa davalos1.PNG Andromeda (Alexa Davalos) offers herself up to the crowd.

alexa davalos2.PNGalexa davalos3.PNGalexa davalos4.PNGalexa davalos5.PNG alexa davalos6.PNGalexa davalos7.PNGShe is hustled to a gantling and suspended to await the arrival of the Kraken.
Now, it seems to me that the least the townspeople could have done was strip Andromeda naked. That's how she's usually portrayed in paintings, and it only makes sense. Put yourself in the Kraken's shoes. She's no more than bite sized anyway, and now you've got to be careful not to choke on the peplum.
alexa davalos8a.PNG At last Andomeda meets the Kraken. Andomeda, this is the Kraken. Kraken, Andromeda.

Another Sacrifice: "Lair Of The White Worm," a 1988 movie directed by Ken Russell. This too was apparently based on a true legend, in this case "The Lambton Worm" of 14th century England. Anyhoo an attractive young woman is offered up to Dionin, the eponymous White Worm (actually the hood of a Volkswagen Beetle.) The story is this: The evil Lady Sylvia (Amanda Donohoe) captures Eve Trent (Catherine Oxenberg) and her sister (Sammi Davis,) and incapacitates the Scottish Laird (Peter Capaldi,) who attempts to rescue them. She prepares Eve for the White Worm, once again, disappointingly, not stripping her naked. She dangles Eve over the White Worm's lair, and busily saws at the rope suspending Eve. The Laird recovers, pushes Lady Sylvia into the hole, but Lady Sylvia holds on to Eve's ankles. The Laird cuts off Lady Sylvia's hands and she becomes the offering instead. Although if I were the White Worm I'd feel a bit cheated, since IHMO, hands are the tastiest part. However, the Laird pulls a handy grenade out from his sporran (so that's what it's for) and drops it down the Worm's gullet, so I guess the Worm didn't know what he was missing.

lair1.PNGlair2.PNGlair4.PNGlair5.PNGlair6.PNGlair7.PNGlair10.PNGlair11.PNGlair12.PNGlair13.PNG

The 2010 remake of the 1978 movie "I Spit On Your Grave," featured Sarah Butler as Jennifer, who is brutally assaulted by a group of back country yahoos. The brutality is fairly explicit and extended. In the second act, Jennifer turns bad ass and gives as good as she got.

sarah butler i spit1a.PNG Jennifer sunning herself in a tucked away corner of Louisiana. She is a writer of novels and has come for some peace and quiet.

sarah butler i spit5a.PNGsarah butler i spit4a.PNGsarah butler i spit 7a.PNG The bad guys break into her cabin, torment her, and rape her.

sarah butler I spit1.PNGsarah butler i spit4.PNG The action moves outside where her face is repeatedly dunked in a pool of dirty water, and she is raped again.

sarah butler i spit5.PNGsarah butler i spit6.PNGsarah butler i spit11.PNGsarah butler i spit12.PNG When the peckerwoods are done with her, Jennifer gets up and staggers off to a bridge over a river. They follow her and are about to kill her, but she falls into the water and makes her escape.

"Martyrs" is a 2015 remake (or re-imagining, according to the director) of the 2008 French movie of the same name. I haven't seen the original but I understand that it is far superior to the American version. The story involves a cult who capture and torture women to determine if they are "Martyrs," that is, if they can transcend pain unto death and see what is on the other side. One woman, Anna, played by Bailey Noble, has a bit gag forced into her mouth and is tortured with electrical shocks. Another woman, Lucie (Troian Bellisario) is flayed and crucified. Still another is burned to death.

The bit gag and electrical shock scene could have been classic, but in the current aggravating style of Hollywood it is shot in quick cuts and close ups, so you don't really get to see much of anything. It's torture to watch it. There is no nudity.

martyrs1.PNGmartyrs2.PNGmartyrs3.PNGmartyrs4.PNGmartyrs5.PNGmartyrs6.PNGmartyrs7.PNGmartyrs8.PNGmartyrs9.PNGmartyrs10.PNG

As it turns out, Bailey Noble is no stranger to gags and shackles, (or probably, shits and giggles, for that matter.) A scene from Season 7, Episode 8 of the series "True Blood."

bailey noble tb s7e8.PNGbailey noble4 tb s7e8.PNGbailey noble5 tb s7e8.PNG She is being threatened with the breast ripper. Now I don't know, but common sense would tell me that to properly use the breast ripper, you should probably get the brassiere out of the way first.

Les trottoirs de Bangkok 2.jpg

Attachments

• 1) The Sidewalks of Bangkok whipping scene.mkv
    7.2 MB · Views: 294
  • 2) The Sidewalks of Bangkok the whipping scene (2).mkv
    3.4 MB · Views: 245
  • 3) The Sidewalks of Bangkok whipping scene.mkv
    7.6 MB · Views: 281
  • 4) The sidewalks of Bangkok the whipping scene.mkv
    6.3 MB · Views: 260
  • 5)) The sidewalks of Bangkok the whipping scene.mkv
    7.5 MB · Views: 225
Les trottoirs de Bangkok.jpgsb3.jpgsb11.jpgSidewalks_of_Bangkok-The1984_68.jpgThe Sidewalks of Bangkok 11.JPGJean Rollin was the name of a french director Worldwide famous for his
horror and thriller flicks filled with erotic and sexual contents.
"LES TROTTOIRS DE BANGKOK" (THE SIDEWALKS OF BANGKOK) (1984)
is no exception crowded, as it is, with beautiful nude actresses put through erotic and sexual situations. The plot does not exceed the limits of
a routinely spy story later becoming a mafia thriller, rather boring face to the director's pretensions to complicate it by all means.
One of the central characters (if any) is played by Yoko, a minute Asian beauty: in a scene she is whipped naked, chained arms over head.
She performs a naked dance in another.

172960-16432-clp-720.jpg172953-16432-clp-720.jpgMary Bryant  poster.jpgMary Bryant 1.jpgMary Bryant 2.jpgMary Bryant whipping scene.jpgMary Bryant.jpgRomola Garai in Mary Bryant.jpg "THE INCREDIBLE JOURNEY OF MARY BRYANT" is an australian TV drama (2005-2007) in 2 parts,winner of awards of the Australian Film Institute, the Chicago International Film Festival (2006) and New York Film Festival (2007): among them best direction in TV, best screenplay, most outstanding lead actor and actress of TV drama (Alex O'Loughlin and Romola Garai). At the base real events stand of the lives of Mary Broad (1765-1794), married Bryant, and of her husband. A convict for robbery and assault Mary was transported,aboard a ship,to a penal colony in Australia in the year 1787. Bryant was another convict for smuggling destined to the same colony. Mary and her husband became famous because they were among the first to evade from the
colony, together with many other convicts, reaching successfully the Dutch Island of Timor 5000 km far. This and other events, which I will not reveal, concurr to a breathtaking entertainment receiving also a valid support by extraordinary Actors in minor roles. The whipping of a riotous female convict aboard the ship is of crude realism.

Back
Top Bottom