Cars And Related Things

Go to CruxDreams.com
Ah the poor slave betrayed by his girl...

tumblr_oxm5tnuo421w0pxeao1_1280.jpg

When I was in the pub, I heard a couple of plonkers saying that they wouldn't feel safe on an aircraft if they knew the pilot was a woman.
What a pair of sexists.
I mean, it's not as if she'd have to reverse the bloody thing!

View attachment 549176
I don't know if it made the news in Europe, but recently a Southwest Airlines plane out of New York bound for Houston had an engine failure. A fan blade broke, debris hit the fuselage, the cabin partially depressurized, and a female passenger was killed. The pilot stabilized the plane and was routed to Philadelphia, where she landed the plane without a problem. The pilot was a former Navy combat pilot, who as a young girl had signed up for flight training--the only woman in her class--and got into the Navy after the Air Force seemed reluctant. Some guy took a video with his cell phone en route to Philadelphia and a lot of the passengers were using the oxygen masks incorrectly. I imagine the "plonkers" would have been among them.
I thought of this post when I heard the news about the plane.

It certainly did, Frank, and this Old Fool thought, "Well done, that woman!"

What were the plonkers doing with their oxygen masks? Just asking, I'm flying soon, and every bit of info helps.
"adjust the mask so that it covers your nose and mouth"
Most people were just holding their masks over their mouths, and hadn't secured them with the strap. They were lucky the cabin pressure hadn't gone completely, otherwise they'd be unconscious and dead.

I don't know if it made the news in Europe, but recently a Southwest Airlines plane out of New York bound for Houston had an engine failure. A fan blade broke, debris hit the fuselage, the cabin partially depressurized, and a female passenger was killed. The pilot stabilized the plane and was routed to Philadelphia, where she landed the plane without a problem. The pilot was a former Navy combat pilot, who as a young girl had signed up for flight training--the only woman in her class--and got into the Navy after the Air Force seemed reluctant. Some guy took a video with his cell phone en route to Philadelphia and a lot of the passengers were using the oxygen masks incorrectly. I imagine the "plonkers" would have been among them.
I thought of this post when I heard the news about the plane.
Plonkers:
masks-master768.jpg

Attachments

• 87E25DB3-3542-47BB-8A0D-3698659818D3.jpeg
    87E25DB3-3542-47BB-8A0D-3698659818D3.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 9DAC4BA6-D6D7-4A4F-ADCA-F07DF93C3D2E.jpeg
    9DAC4BA6-D6D7-4A4F-ADCA-F07DF93C3D2E.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom