Cars And Related Things

Go to CruxDreams.com
Bathurst's Mount Panorama counts among the last great circuits. In Europe, we don't have such anymore, since the old long Spa, the old long Nurburgring and Charade in France aren't host anymore of top competitions (F1 and le Mans prototypes) for years now, those tracks were obviously too dangerous, for sure.

Bathurst's Mount Panorama counts among the last great circuits. In Europe, we don't have such anymore, since the old long Spa, the old long Nurburgring and Charade in France aren't host anymore of top competitions (F1 and le Mans prototypes) for years now, those tracks were obviously too dangerous, for sure.
And "LE MANS" then ?!!! The greatest endurance'race of the world !!!:rolleyes:

On board with Messa'Corvet ...;)

I adore the noise of this car !!!

A Packard Super 8 is for sale in Yorkshire, £80,000, with rumble seat, in ivory yellow. The ad says only eleven made, hence high price, can that be?

View attachment 457862

Proper bumpers (fenders) to tie limbs to, and a wicked looking mascot on the front of the bonnet (hood) with plenty of potential.
Packard made the Super Eight model from 1937 til 1951. That one looks like it might be a 39. It may be rare because it's a coupe. The sedan and convertible may have been more popular. Still, 11 seems like a very small production run. While it could be considered a luxury car, it was not an exclusive vehicle.
And 80,000 GBP is only $100,479 US. Not really a bad price.

The US racing seasons kicked off today with the 24 Hours of Daytona.

And "LE MANS" then ?!!! The greatest endurance'race of the world !!!:rolleyes:

On board with Messa'Corvet ...;)

I adore the noise of this car !!!
As do I but I feel the course has been 'neutered' by the chicanes they put on the Mulsanne 'straight' (1:24, 1:50, and 2:20 in your post). In 1970 Porsche 917s (by all accounts by any one who drove it in that era all said it was wickedly fast but only might turn where you hoped it would.
That's what fascinates me about Bathurst and Nurburging. The top series left them because the tracks were 'too dangerous' for the speed of the cars. These tracks didn't upgrade and told them 'you are profession drivers, learn to lift off the gas'...

As do I but I feel the course has been 'neutered' by the chicanes they put on the Mulsanne 'straight' (1:24, 1:50, and 2:20 in your post). In 1970 Porsche 917s (by all accounts by any one who drove it in that era all said it was wickedly fast but only might turn where you hoped it would.
That's what fascinates me about Bathurst and Nurburging. The top series left them because the tracks were 'too dangerous' for the speed of the cars. These tracks didn't upgrade and told them 'you are profession drivers, learn to lift off the gas'...

A a frenchman amateur of sports cars, I love "les 24 heures du Mans", of course, but le Mans circuit in itself has never been on a pair with others great historical circuits like the old Spa, Nürburgring or Charade. And I agree with Thehangingtree, the 3 chicanes in the Hunaudières straight (and not Mulsanne, dear Thehangingtree, Mulsanne is the name of the slow curve at the end of the straight) have denatured it. But this I can understand, safety for the drivers, officials and spectators must be top priority.

Back
Top Bottom