Crime and Punishment in Modern Singapore

Go to CruxDreams.com
I guess I'm just an old softy. A synopsis of the next episode:

"Barbara Moore couldn't believe her good fortune! Rescued just before the first cane stroke. A doughty British Colonel, seemingly resurrected from the pre WWII colonial service had leapt on stage, overpowered Mr. Ng and taken the cane, saying "Hold on there, Mr. Moto. No one beats a fine young thing like Miss Moore while Old Slave can stop it." Supported by a company of Bengal Lancers, they fought their way out of the prison and to the harbor where a replica of a 1890 sailing sloop was anchored. Jeffrey Hodges (former crewman on a Bermuda's Cup race) at the helm navigated around harbor patrol boats and pulled quickly to sea and set sail for the safety of Australia. During the two week voyage, Barbara has plenty of time to express her gratitude to Jeffrey, Old Slave and the twenty Lancers. By the time they pulled into Sydney Harbor, they all had the clap!"
Finis!
Pr. Pr.! You clearly have read too much man's pulp stories and magazines in your life!;)

I guess I'm just an old softy. A synopsis of the next episode:

"Barbara Moore couldn't believe her good fortune! Rescued just before the first cane stroke. A doughty British Colonel, seemingly resurrected from the pre WWII colonial service had leapt on stage, overpowered Mr. Ng and taken the cane, saying "Hold on there, Mr. Moto. No one beats a fine young thing like Miss Moore while Old Slave can stop it." Supported by a company of Bengal Lancers, they fought their way out of the prison and to the harbor where a replica of a 1890 sailing sloop was anchored. Jeffrey Hodges (former crewman on a Bermuda's Cup race) at the helm navigated around harbor patrol boats and pulled quickly to sea and set sail for the safety of Australia. During the two week voyage, Barbara has plenty of time to express her gratitude to Jeffrey, Old Slave and the twenty Lancers. By the time they pulled into Sydney Harbor, they all had the clap!"
Finis!
And Bobby Ewing came out of the shower. It had all been a dream!

And Bobby Ewing came out of the shower. It had all been a dream!
Believe it or not, I had thought just yesterday of having Barb wake up in Minneapolis from a nightmare and swear off having four glasses of Riesling at a time as she staggered out to shovel another eight inches of heavy snow!

Believe it or not, I had thought just yesterday of having Barb wake up in Minneapolis from a nightmare and swear off having four glasses of Riesling at a time as she staggered out to shovel another eight inches of heavy snow!

Enough of this foolishness...back to our regularly scheduled programming. Eight inches in October, indeed :rolleyes:

Public Punishment Chamber. Changi Prison Complex 1:42 PM SST

Barb had been shivering with fear since they had begun strapping her in. The final position was extremely painful, with arms, legs and back painfully stretched, like on a rack! But it was the fear of what was to come that terrified the girl. That jail caning had hurt so much – her butt was still quite sore – and now she would receive worse! The rubbing of this cane on her butt irritated her welts. She tried to think of some way to prepare for this. Then she heard the officer shout “One!” The touch of the cane ended and a moment later she heard a high-pitched ‘whisshhh.”

The blow to Barb’s butt drove her body slightly forward, despite the tightness of her bonds. A fraction of a second later, white pain flashed in her eyes and like fire exploded in her rear. Barbara A. Moore had been introduced to the reality of Singapore corporal punishment!

Every muscle in her body seemed to slip out of her control. For a long moment, she couldn’t even inhale. At last, she caught a breath and screamed in pain.

“OWWWWWW!”

The pain across the middle of her ass just kept burning and burning, seeming to intensify as the seconds past. The girl wrenched with all her might at her bonds, but the stand, with fine German engineering and craftsmanship, didn’t move a millimeter. After a minute, Barb slumped in her straps, exhausted and sobbing.

Jeffrey had winced at the force of the blow. Within seconds, there appeared a bright red welt, exactly horizontal, and exactly centered on her butt.

The Commandant waited until Barb’s struggles subsided. He knew that stretching out the punishment would make it harder to bear. “TWO!” Again, the long backswing and the powerful forward drive. This time a little lower, seeming to slightly lift the buttocks and causing the soft flesh to quiver with the blow.

Jeffrey, like most members of the U.S. foreign service in Singapore, was an avid golfer. While horrified by the barbarity of the punishment, he felt a grudging respect for Mr. Ng. The coiling of his arm and torso in the backswing and the release as the cane was brought forward was a textbook perfect motion. Jeffrey knew it was the length and control of the back swing that determined the speed and power of the drive and Mr. Ng had the longest and smoothest backswing he’s ever seen.

The fire of this blow drilled into Barb’s brain while she was still struggling to ride out the pain of the first. How could anything hurt this much? How could she survive one more, let alone several? Her futile struggles continued as the pain seemed to build between blows.

“No, no, no!” she pleaded.

“THREE!”

My God NO! she thought.

This time Ng struck higher, catching her smooth cheeks just below the top of the butt where it merged with the back at the sacral dimples. Barb screamed even louder than after the first two.

Number four struck between the first two. Barb’s scream was every bit as loud as before. There were now four angry red strips on her backside, rapidly swelling into painful welts. How much worse would it be, thought Jeffrey, when new strokes landed on top of one of these?

Public Punishment Chamber. Changi Prison Complex 1:48 PM SST

“That completes the first charge.” The Major waited a couple of minutes as Mr. Ng relaxed and Barb moaned softly.

“Four Strokes for insulting and demeaning the Singapore Police Force. Mr. Ng, if you please.” The powerful man measured the cane across the center of Barb’s backside.

“One!” Somehow it seemed worse to Barb that the count was restarting. Her butt hurt so bad. She was sobbing uncontrollably.

Ng landed the next stroke angled so it crossed the lines of the first two. At those points of crossing, the pain would be doubly intense.

Barb, blinded by the pain, screamed as hard as she could. It felt like a knife had cut her skin. I can’t take this! She thought. “Stop! Please stop! MY GOD!!”

Jeffrey cringed at the pitiful sounds of her screams and futile begging. He saw red blood blisters forming where the blows had crossed and damaged the skin. Only a quarter of the way through. This was inhuman! Maybe the judge would see how much she was suffering and stop this insanity! But when he looked over, he saw the judge was smiling and joking with the Deputy next to her.

“Two!” A low cut to the sensitive crease between her ass and legs drew a wail of agony from the tightly restrained woman. Her wild struggles showed the agony she was experiencing.

“Three!” A high blow, just beside the earlier welt. Though the frame was immobile, Barb’s binding flexed with her involuntary muscle spasms. Jeffrey noticed that, even tightly stretched, her ass as moving perceptibly, in a mini, erotic dance. He tried, but failed, to ignore the arousing sight.

Barb’s body shook against the frame. “Stop It! Dammit, you bastards, stop it! I can’t stand it!”

“Prisoner is admonished against using foul language - - Four!”

“”NO!” cried Barb. She couldn’t, she simply couldn’t take any more! Ng landed his hardest blow yet, crossing three welts in the center of her stretched assflesh. More blisters appeared as little of the rounded flesh remained unmarked. Barb gave a pitiful, wailing drone that seemed to go on forever. Her mind seemed to stop working. No thoughts - only pain!

“That completes the second charge. We will give the prisoner a moment to catch her breath and for the doctor to examine her condition.”

The Commandant waited until Barb’s struggles subsided. He knew that stretching out the punishment would make it harder to bear.

Bastard!!!! :mad:

Jeffrey, like most members of the U.S. foreign service in Singapore, was an avid golfer. While horrified by the barbarity of the punishment, he felt a grudging respect for Mr. Ng. The coiling of his arm and torso in the backswing and the release as the cane was brought forward was a textbook perfect motion. Jeffrey knew it was the length and control of the back swing that determined the speed and power of the drive and Mr. Ng had the longest and smoothest backswing he’s ever seen.

I've never liked golf ... totally stupid and incredibly boring to watch game! :rolleyes:

Only a quarter of the way through. This was inhuman! Maybe the judge would see how much she was suffering and stop this insanity! But when he looked over, he saw the judge was smiling and joking with the Deputy next to her.

wouldn't you know it? :confused:

Barb’s body shook against the frame. “Stop It! Dammit, you bastards, stop it! I can’t stand it!”

“Prisoner is admonished against using foul language - - Four!”

Shit! I can't catch a break here! :facepalm:
“That completes the second charge. We will give the prisoner a moment to catch her breath and for the doctor to examine her condition.”

How decent of them ... don't bother with the phony medical exam .... get something on my butt to ease the hurt!!! :(

But his mouth dropped open when he observed the thickness of the cane. Ribbed Malacca, over 2 centimeters in diameter. A brutally heavy weapon!
I would like to assert my greatest compassion to Barb - but that would be lying...
Thinking about it again, the judge may have gone overboard with that. 2 cm! That´s strong enough to function as foundation supports for a four-story building. Even without much force you can break bones with that thing. At least the executioner has a lot of experience.

With the nature of charges 2,3 and 4 it would be a shame if the good judge and Mr Koh had failed to invite the arresting officers, the intake management team and the long suffering matrons ,who had been on the receiving end of Barb`s astringent and slanderous tongue, to witness her thoroughly deserved if excessively brutal correction ! ,

The blow to Barb’s butt drove her body slightly forward, despite the tightness of her bonds. A fraction of a second later, white pain flashed in her eyes and like fire exploded in her rear. Barbara A. Moore had been introduced to the reality of Singapore corporal punishment!

Every muscle in her body seemed to slip out of her control. For a long moment, she couldn’t even inhale. At last, she caught a breath and screamed in pain.

“OWWWWWW!”

OK.

I've just caught up with this story, and I want to know why someone didn't tell me about this in time!
I was in Singapore just last weekend, changing planes at Changi airport!
I could have dashed over and got an eyeful of Barb's caned bum given Barb my unswerving support!
Deeply disappointed Phlebas :(

So we wait for first blood.
You will not have to wait long :rolleyes:
Obviously our brave but foolhardy heroine does not realise that given her tirade against the judge, and her recent warning for using foul language, her tally of discretionary strokes must now be up and running and mountig
Have you been reading ahead? Shame!:doh:
Don't risk that even Jeffrey will call for discretionary strokes!
Fore!!
it would be a shame if the good judge and Mr Koh had failed to invite the arresting officers, the intake management team and the long suffering matrons ,
For economy in the story, it wasn't mentioned. But there was a section reserved in the top row for "interested" parties of the Criminal Justice System.:popcorn:
I could have dashed over and got an eyeful of Barb's caned bum given Barb my unswerving support!
Sorry, old man. Sold Out! SRO! You'll just have to wait for the movie to come out.:rolleyes:
I can’t help feeling this story’s entire raison d’etre is all about payback for @Barbaria1 ’s habit of handing out demerits to everyone..
No. You don't think so. No! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You will not have to wait long :rolleyes:
Have you been reading ahead? Shame!:doh:
Fore!!
For economy in the story, it wasn't mentioned. But there was a section reserved in the top row for "interested" parties of the Criminal Justice System.:popcorn:
Sorry, old man. Sold Out! SRO! You'll just have to wait for the movie to come out.:rolleyes:
No. You don't think so. No!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
No criticism intended, thanks for a brilliantly constructed well paced and exciting story

Back
Top Bottom