Crime and Punishment in Modern Singapore

Go to CruxDreams.com
Now don't say "I just pushed her!":facepalm::eek:
We wonder if the 25 backlogged Window 10 updates had been completed and the surveillance cameras came back on line to capture the action. With Barb's luck so far, the service tech was still seeing :
VagueUnkemptGardensnake-small.gif

Last edited:
Many thanks and congratulations to PrPr for his excellent work , his consistent daily updates and the hard work he had to put in. He created an ideal scenario,a beautiful spirited heroine whose default response to stress or danger was a foul mouthed belligerence ,cast her adrift in a strange country with different values and culture , the recipe for danger. In a period spanning less than two weeks,he managed to subject our heroine to two humiliating strip searches and three brutal and skilfully described canings. His surprise ending came from the left field. Is he still teasing us? He has left a sufficient number of questions unanswered, does he intend to leave their resolution to our imaginations or is he planning to write a conclusion when he he is suitably rested and Barb`s tight little has had chance to recover?

Author's postscript

I found the creative process in writing “Crime and Punishment in Modern Singapore” very interesting. In case some of the readers and authors here might be interested, I will give a little info here about how it began. If there is any interest, I could continue with the “inside story” of the whole work.

It all started in August, when I ran across a 2017 post about an American caned in Singapore for chewing gum back in the 90’s. My twisted mind immediately thought of Barbara’s butt and how nice it would respond to the cane. And how she would likely defy the Singapore authorities and make it worse. I privately asked her about it and she jumped (literally) at the idea.

I immediately envisioned her on vacation in clean warm Singapore in a park and sticking used gum to a bench and being arrested. Remembering her posts about the heavy snow at her home last winter, I added the back story of her booking the trip.

Originally, I intended a rather short story: arrest, conviction, a dozen with the cane, and then a painful plane ride home. But the moment Barb encountered the police, I couldn’t keep her mouth shut! And it just snowballed from there. The more professional, reasonable people she encountered, the more she had to insult and defy them.

That’s enough for now. Let me know if you want more or not. Don’t worry about my feelings. If I don’t hear back positively, I’ll just shut myself up in a dark closet and eat worms.

If I don’t hear back positively, I’ll just shut myself up in a dark closet and eat worms.
Ahh don’t do that.... it’s cruel to worms.. :rolleyes: rest assured that we do want more (writing, not worms) .. Barb sent to a jungle labour camp would be awesome...With lots of sex and whipping of course :devil: sort of “Tenko” meets “bridge on the river Kawaii” .. perhaps Barb would eat worms to supplement her meagre rations ...:thumbsup:

The story was good but I do believe it should be revealed that Miss Moore brought illegal drugs into Singapore and despite Jeff's best efforts she is condemned to death by hanging. And don't worry about the uniform. They give her a cheap one to wear while she waits for her hanging.
prison 235 c.jpg
Besides, she'll be hanged naked. No use soiling a good uniform...
prison 246.jpg

Good story! With emphasise on the 'cleanness' of Singapore, its prisons and its procedures. It gives a feeling of 'no way out', once you got stuck in the system. Everything you do, even everything you think, is recorded by the system and processed by a robot-like staff and justice system. No filthy dungeons or sadistic nazis here, but the terror is the same! Well written, Pr Pr.

I think part of the influence on how I wrote Barb here was how I used her (how I would like to!) in Minnesota Moore and the Emperors’ Treasure. There I worked hard to make her a serious character, smart, educated, successful, the heroine of the story with adult normal sex included. None of the flighty, complaining irresponsibility (except for overspending budgets).

Therefore, in Singapore, I enjoyed the possibility to take her totally the other way: irresponsible, arrogant, lying, disrespectful, rude, etc. And, of course, that allowed me to drag her deeper and deeper into trouble with the Singapore Criminal Justice system.

A unique aspect of the writing here was the role of the reader feedback. I had written the complete story before I began posting. But very soon, the comments started to plant ideas in my mind so that I went back and revised some sections before post. The intake processing at the jail was to be just the ecstasy issue. But a reader mentioned a strip search and I just had to add that in. Of course, that gave yet another opportunity to have Barb be vulgar and the authorities be professional.

Last edited:
As I plotted and wrote the story, I semi-consciously followed Freytag’s analysis of a drama divided into five parts (the dramatic arc): exposition (Barb traveling to Singapore, touring, getting arrested), rising action (Barb held in jail, stealing getting caught and first caning), climax (trial and prison caning), falling action (recovery, plans to return home, third caning), and dénouement (last day, final meeting with Wong, fight with Rose).
Untitled.jpg
While it is unnecessary to slavish follow this pattern (unless you enjoy being a slave), I find it really helps organize the action in a long story.

Back to reader feedback:

Rose’s framing of Barb and the third caning were totally driven by reader comments. As well as the ending which originally was just a long flight home on a hard airplane seat with a very sore bottom. All the talk of execution and impalement made me think it would be nice to end with the possibility of Barb facing a capital charge and going before Judge Rut Betar-Gisber again. BTW, has no one noticed her name – famous elderly female judge? Initials RBG?

Expanded roles in the story (and in the possible sequel – be patient, I’ve not written any and I’m slightly burned out. I do promise that with that ending, I feel obligated to have a part II) for Rose, Dao, the Judge, Chunhua, Jeffrey, and Major bin Osman were caused by the enthusiasm of readers for them.

I believe that my cliffhangers and the surprise of the ending were all enhanced by your comments. They gave me clues to tempt your imaginations with, and crumbs to drop to direct (and mis-direct) you.

I guess, what I want to say is that your enthusiastic response not only gratified this lonely scribbler, but also inspired and challenged me to go back to my draft again and again to try to make it live up to your expectations.

Thank You All from the bottom on my cruel, twisted heart!

also inspired and challenged me to go back to my draft again and again to try to make it live up to your expectations.
I was aware that our comments were having some effect.. it added a sense of “choose-your-own-adventure” which was very enjoyable.. I liked this version of Barb too, even though I know the real @Barbaria1 is nothing like this (I’m sure she’s much worse ;) ) kudos to her for playing the part..
All in all a lot of fun !!

I endorse you comments about Barbara,she seems to be the go to option when a hapless heroine is required.It is obvious from her writings that she is an intelligent and erudite lady, but often authors endow her with less than flattering personality traits in order to justify her subsequent misfortunes. She then has to read graphic descriptions of her pain and humiliation and sometimes her anatomy, which she responds to with good grace, humour and only once in a while a hint of resentment. She is truly a treasure.

I endorse you comments about Barbara,she seems to be the go to option when a hapless heroine is required.It is obvious from her writings that she is an intelligent and erudite lady, but often authors endow her with less than flattering personality traits in order to justify her subsequent misfortunes. She then has to read graphic descriptions of her pain and humiliation and sometimes her anatomy, which she responds to with good grace, humour and only once in a while a hint of resentment. She is truly a treasure.
You prompt me to write my own paean to @Barbaria1. It was her gracious welcome and private encouragement of my writing that caused me to stay at CF, 15 months ago when I was visiting. I included her in my first story, "The Agent, The Girl, and The Fidelistas," which she kindly encouraged, and several times since. She has truly been a muse to me as well as many longer-term authors here. I believe she enjoys the pain we give her, and good-naturedly laughs at herself when we poke fun (even when she slaps our butts for going too far :spank: ). It is hard to fully express my gratitude to the smart, sexy, fun, erudite, goofy, and caring person that she is. She is without doubt, one of the absolutely key members here in CF!
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Last edited:
As I plotted and wrote the story, I semi-consciously followed Freytag’s analysis of a drama divided into five parts (the dramatic arc): exposition (Barb traveling to Singapore, touring, getting arrested), rising action (Barb held in jail, stealing getting caught and first caning), climax (trial and prison caning), falling action (recovery, plans to return home, third caning), and dénouement (last day, final meeting with Wong, fight with Rose).
View attachment 764078
While it is unnecessary to slavish follow this pattern (unless you enjoy being a slave), I find it really helps organize the action in a long story.

Back to reader feedback:

Rose’s framing of Barb and the third caning were totally driven by reader comments. As well as the ending which originally was just a long flight home on a hard airplane seat with a very sore bottom. All the talk of execution and impalement made me think it would be nice to end with the possibility of Barb facing a capital charge and going before Judge Rut Betar-Gisber again. BTW, has no one noticed her name – famous elderly female judge? Initials RBG?

Expanded roles in the story (and in the possible sequel – be patient, I’ve not written any and I’m slightly burned out. I do promise that with that ending, I feel obligated to have a part II) for Rose, Dao, the Judge, Chunhua, Jeffrey, and Major bin Osman were caused by the enthusiasm of readers for them.

I believe that my cliffhangers and the surprise of the ending were all enhanced by your comments. They gave me clues to tempt your imaginations with, and crumbs to drop to direct (and mis-direct) you.

I guess, what I want to say is that your enthusiastic response not only gratified this lonely scribbler, but also inspired and challenged me to go back to my draft again and again to try to make it live up to your expectations.

Thank You All from the bottom on my cruel, twisted heart!
That's extremely gracious of you, PrPr, and your tributes to Barb are lovely. She certainly deserves them, as do you all the plaudits. And it is fascinating to get an insight into your methodology and thought processes before and during writing.

OK, I'll ask the opinion of my readers (be warned, I might totally ignore your opinions).

I am starting to write Part II. However, I'm writing Flogged to Death which is likely to go on for another week or two. Also, I have a new story I'm fooling around with. So it will be a while before I can finish Singapore II - a month or two. I could post in one of three ways:

Each chapter as it is finished, I would guess posting every three or four days but possibly longer intervals.

Wait until I have several chapters in a section ready and then post daily as long as they last. This might be a week or so before I start posting and then breaks of a week or more between sections.

Wait until I have the whole story completed (or mostly completed) and then start to post daily.

Which schedule of seeing the story come out would you prefer?

OK, I'll ask the opinion of my readers (be warned, I might totally ignore your opinions).

I am starting to write Part II. However, I'm writing Flogged to Death which is likely to go on for another week or two. Also, I have a new story I'm fooling around with. So it will be a while before I can finish Singapore II - a month or two. I could post in one of three ways:

Each chapter as it is finished, I would guess posting every three or four days but possibly longer intervals.

Wait until I have several chapters in a section ready and then post daily as long as they last. This might be a week or so before I start posting and then breaks of a week or more between sections.

Wait until I have the whole story completed (or mostly completed) and then start to post daily.

Which schedule of seeing the story come out would you prefer?
Feel free to ignore me!

I am presuming, from the way you have framed this, that Part I was pretty much fully written but you added parts as you went along, based on our comments, seeing as you maintained a one-part-per-day schedule throughout?

In which case, seeing as that worked so well, I would go with your third option. That might also help you avoid the pressure of burnout that you have mentioned. If we don't don't have any expectations - other than eager excitement for the sequel to appear - you have more room to work on it at your leisure .

Back
Top Bottom