Crime and Punishment in Modern Singapore

Go to CruxDreams.com
:facepalm:(x8) etc....

Stop rubbing it in :spank::spank:

Tomorrow
smiley-char039.gif

Uh oh :confused::facepalm:

Central Station, Jail Intake Processing: 6:40 PM SST

As soon as they cleared the door, the matrons cuffed Barbara Moore’s hands behind her. She was in a long, bright-lit hallway with pristine white tile walls and floor.
black-and-white-tiles-clean-corridor-monochrome-wallpapers-black-and-white-widescreen-images-d...jpg
As she was led along by two matrons and the biggest one in front leading the way, she began to calm down. Cuffed and led into a jail told her that this was more serious than she had thought. Worry and fear began to replace anger and resentment. She believed the charges were ridiculous and she’d have no trouble getting them dismissed. But here she was, alone in a jail in a strange country with no one to turn to until some idiot from the American Embassy got off his ass and came to see her. At last, it began to occur to Barb that she had better behave and stay out of trouble. She’d seen enough of prisons in movies and TV shows to fear the filth, evil and violence that must surely await her.At the end of the hall, the lead matron used her palmprint to open another heavy security door. She was marched into moderate sized room with modern desk and a crisp-uniformed woman behind it, typing on a laptop. There was a small anteroom off to the side. As Barb had calmed down, the matrons removed her cuffs. She was seated in an upholstered metal chair, facing the official who immediately looked up and spoke in flawless British English.“Miss Moore, I am Innusha Rogers. My job is to process you into our facility. Is this your purse?” she asked, sliding Barbara’s purse across the desk.“Yes,” said Barb with still a bit of a pout.
“Would you empty it on the desk and confirm that nothing has been removed since it was taken from you and that everything there is yours.”

Moore did so and saw that nothing was missing or disturbed.

“Is everything there, Miss Moore?”

“Yes,” the pout and a condescending tone was obvious. Barb’s impatience was returning. Some was bravado brought on by fear and worry. She was anxious to know exactly what conditions here would be like.

“And all of these things are yours?”

“Yes, of course. I told you. Everything is here and it’s all mine.”

“For the record then, there is bubble gum pack with four out of eight sticks remaining. You have chewed four while here in Singapore?”

“No! I didn’t chew any! That’s a lie.” Barbara saw the disappointed look on Innusha’s face and knew further denial was not the best here. She was trapped and had better tell the truth. “Sorry. Yes, that is correct.” A little of the edge was off her voice.

“And this makeup compact is yours?”

Barb tensed visibly. Oh my God! she had forgotten about that. But they would not know. She tried to act casual and bluff her way out.

“Yes, perhaps it may be mine. They all look alike, you know. It just a cheap compact I threw in my suitcase when I packed.”

“You have just identified it, along with everything else as yours, Miss Moore; you just stated you brought it to Singapore. Is it yours or not?”

“Yes,” Barb said, clearly deflated. “It’s mine.”

“So that raises a serious issue,” said Miss Rogers as she reached out and pried the mirror off the top with a letter-opener. Underneath was a small space filled with a half dozen brightly-colored tablets with various symbols.

“What are these, Miss Moore?”

Last edited:
Cuffed and led into a jail told her that this was more serious than she had thought. Worry and fear began to replace anger and resentment.

So, I’m a little slow when it comes to recognizing trouble ...

At last, it began to occur to Barb that she had better behave and stay out of trouble.

But eventually I do ....

“So that raises a serious issue,” said Miss Rogers as she reached out and pried the mirror off the top with a letter-opener. Underneath was a small space filled with a half dozen brightly-colored tablets with various symbols.

“What are these, Miss Moore?”

Ummmm .... trouble?

The secrets of Barb's inner sanctum revealed .
View attachment 751338

So, let’s see ... drives a Toyota, poor taste in sunglasses, untidy, old cellphone ... looks pretty innocent to me. Surely they’ll let me go once someone from the embassy comes around to tell them they’ve made a terrible mistake ... maybe even threaten them with a trade war!

Back
Top Bottom