Crux Scenes in Movies

Go to CruxDreams.com
Hello,
I found a contribution about the making of for the film "The last Temptation of christ".
The crucifixion scenes start at minute 10.
The recordings are in very poor picture quality. The camera work is even worse. It is hard to understand how people from film can produce such a quality.
Bernardus

Hello,
I found a contribution about the making of for the film "The last Temptation of christ".
The crucifixion scenes start at minute 10.
The recordings are in very poor picture quality. The camera work is even worse. It is hard to understand how people from film can produce such a quality.
Bernardus

You're right. It's poor resolution and terrible composition.
But it's not the film, or even out takes from the film. It's somebody's 1980's hand-held analog camera filming the cast & crew when they're shooting the crucifixion scene. The person who filmed it was probably not a cinema photographer. More likely an intern, or somebody's relative who sneaked onto the set.
I don't think you can blame Scorsese for this.

You're right. It's poor resolution and terrible composition.
But it's not the film, or even out takes from the film. It's somebody's 1980's hand-held analog camera filming the cast & crew when they're shooting the crucifixion scene. The person who filmed it was probably not a cinema photographer. More likely an intern, or somebody's relative who sneaked onto the set.
I don't think you can blame Scorsese for this.
My understanding is that a number of cameras and resolutions are used in filming, to get a scene right. This was epecially true in the days of film, when you would not want to use movie grade film for test shots. This could be side footage of that sort, taken mainly for technical purposes, and never intended to be "the shot".

I will always prefer Felicien Rops' 1878 version of "The Temptation of St. Anthony"

A6BA81FB-2C4D-4CFD-A927-DD96CA5AA80E.jpeg

but Georges Melies' 1898 film version is interesting because it was made in 1898!!!

strange french horror film​

it doesnt quite know what it wants to be satanist zombie or vampire it has a crux around 7 minutes mark then gets very gory with human sacrifice the goes comic till a twist ending english subtitles make it even more surreal

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this has made the rounds, yet. Just an overview of three episodes. Crucifixion (and how it was actually done, and was pretty terrible), C-section, and dragging behind horse scenes. But, there are some nice cuts of scenes in there.

I posted a few screencaps from "Concrete Savanna" (2021) a few months ago:

Here is an actual crucifixion torture scene -- nails, hammer, blood and all, but alas no nudity -- from the movie "Concrete Savanna" (2021).

The protagonist, played by Sarah Hitzel, gets kidnapped by a sleazy hotel caretaker who straps her to a cross in his workshop for some wholesome fun. He engages in some extended and wordy gloating at her predicament, waving a clawhammer and two long thick nails in front of her face. Eventually he gets around to nailing one of her hands to the cross, through the palm with the nail coming out (along with some blood) on the far side of the crossbeam. The baddie then enjoys the sight of her writhing in pain for a while settling down for a beer and a wank in an easy chair before walking up to her for some crotch-level groping and kissing. While he is otherwise engaged in this manner, she manages to pull her unnailed hand free from the strap, grabs the clawhammer which he had conveniently left lying on top of the crossbeam, and bashes his head in with the hammer. She then tries and fails to pull the nail out of her hand with the clawhammer, and gets free by pulling the nailhead through her palm.

Some good visuals, nice setup, but as usual in these kind of movies an infuriatingly incompetent baddie. I mean, nailing only one hand when you got two nails out from your toolbox! Also, always tidy away your tools when you're finished with them!

Terrible movie otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom