Crux simplex

Go to CruxDreams.com

Susanna

Spectator
Hello,

I've found a rather intriguing image of variaous crucifications at:

http://www.kuhnert.ch/ts/Arten/img/Kreuzigung.jpg

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find the original source from the 19th century.

I'm rather impressed by the so-called 'crux simplex'. Are there any hints whether really two persons were fixed to one pole at the same time?

Also, illustration of a condemned person 'embracing' the deadly pole with his arms and feet is very erotic. Uuuh! This ignites my fantasy so much! There is a lack depicting naked women nailed to a stake like that ...

Susanna said:
Are there any hints whether really two persons were fixed to one pole at the same time?
Hi Susanna,

what we do know:

the Romans liked spectacles.

We know that executioners were given some leeway in how to fix people to their crosses (Apostate has a favourite quote for that).

And we know that executions were not exactly rare in that time.

So I think almost any variation of affixment to a "crux" of any kind we can think of, the Romans have probably tried (unless there were technological limits :)

I can easily imagine that there may have been competitions which carnifex might succeed in getting the most victims on a set number of crosses, or who could fix them in the most ridiculously contorted way, etc ... :D

Susanna said:
Also, illustration of a condemned person 'embracing' the deadly pole with his arms and feet is very erotic. Uuuh! This ignites my fantasy so much! There is a lack depicting naked women nailed to a stake like that ...

Melissa has complained in the past about a bias for full-frontal pics. Noble Vulchur did a pic in a similar position - though she isn't embracing the pole wirth her arms, as there is a crossbar. He has also explored the use of the crux simplex and other variations.

Attachments

• 000BOOK.JPG
    000BOOK.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 1,685
  • 00COVER.JPG
    00COVER.JPG
    265.7 KB · Views: 1,675
  • BOOKCVR.JPG
    BOOKCVR.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 1,673
I can easily think of a time when there may have been a need to hang multiple people form the same cross. During times when there was limited time and resources to get a large job done. Ala the Jewish revolt in the 60s (AS that is) or the Bar Kocha revolt in 130+ AD.

I can also think of why few women would have been cruxed facing the post. While it is erotic for us being cruxed that way (I love pressing into a pole when being whipped) for males it is more erotic to watch our tits bounce and sway and us spreading our legs and going up and down like we were riding them. And us pant as we struggle to breathe. Etc. etc. etc ...............

And most of the executioners would have been male.

kisses

willowfall

willowfall said:
I can easily think of a time when there may have been a need to hang multiple people form the same cross. During times when there was limited time and resources to get a large job done. Ala the Jewish revolt in the 60s (AS that is) or the Bar Kocha revolt in 130+ AD.

I can also think of why few women would have been cruxed facing the post. While it is erotic for us being cruxed that way (I love pressing into a pole when being whipped) for males it is more erotic to watch our tits bounce and sway and us spreading our legs and going up and down like we were riding them. And us pant as we struggle to breathe. Etc. etc. etc ...............

And most of the executioners would have been male.

kisses

willowfall
willowfall,
You have a way with words, and your command of history is admirable, you should write even more stories.
Helmut

algabal said:
Susanna said:
Are there any hints whether really two persons were fixed to one pole at the same time?
Hi Susanna,

what we do know:

the Romans liked spectacles.

We know that executioners were given some leeway in how to fix people to their crosses (Apostate has a favourite quote for that).

And we know that executions were not exactly rare in that time.

So I think almost any variation of affixment to a "crux" of any kind we can think of, the Romans have probably tried (unless there were technological limits :)

I can easily imagine that there may have been competitions which carnifex might succeed in getting the most victims on a set number of crosses, or who could fix them in the most ridiculously contorted way, etc ... :D

Susanna said:

Melissa has complained in the past about a bias for full-frontal pics. Noble Vulchur did a pic in a similar position - though she isn't embracing the pole wirth her arms, as there is a crossbar. He has also explored the use of the crux simplex and other variations.

Nothing new under the sun is there?
Melissa

OOOPPPSSS!!! I've just noticed it says Do not post images here, but other people are so what is the problem?

Attachments

• crucifixion.jpg
    crucifixion.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,334
As to women facing the cross (as I read somewhere many years ago was thought commonplace), the empty cross with the sedile jutting out is such a male image, to make women face it is a wonderful parody of copulation. & I suppose to make men face away is a similar parody of sodomy. Both degrading & humiliating.

Hello,

well, this is absolutely fantastic. Crucification of women facing the cross would be rather a nice idea. Male executioners - I think - would not prefer one or the other variant since crucification in the way 'back on the cross' would present the women's breasts but executing them in the other position exposes the female bottom ... Imagine, supersaturated male executioners while facing an oversupply of male and female victims ...

Some advantages of crucifying female victims facing the pole:

- breasts could be tortured by spikes, sharp edges, thornes, etc. protuding the cross; (binding her nipples with threads of her own clothing possible?)

- the woman's head shows much more interesting positions

- heavy whipping / flogging is possible in situ for amusement of spectators; less than 5 or 10 strikes are sufficiant to show the female victim her real position without spoiling her long-lasting death; even receiving the whip on a smaller cross, arms nailed to the patibulum, but feet still on the floor, would be nice, and after that nailing her feet to the cross

- anal 'plays' controlled by executioners, even sorts of anal impalement

- hanging her upside down on the patibulum (alternatively: St Andrew's cross), thighs spread, face to the cross, offers even more intriguing possibilities .......

- imagine double use of crosses: 1 man, 1 woman ..... :)

After thinking hard about that issue, there are some tiny but important problems left. On cruxdreams you can see the 'dance' of the crucified woman in a very impressive way. All depends on tight roping or nailing, otherwise the victim will move her body to all positions imaginable. The cornu would not make any sense: she simply fail to sit down on it, properly. The instrument must be rather long, up to about 50 cm so as to prevent her tighs from slipping away druing her dance in pure agony. Otherwise her legs have to be fixed stretched out, preventing her erotic belly dance.

If her legs are bent, the thing between her tighs should be a long protuding instrument, resembling a monstrous penis. Facing the stipes would allow much more fixation and using the crux simplex even more.

Just a few combinations make sense:

- cornu and legs stretched out

- cornu and legs bent but facing the cross

- cornu and crux simplex, legs stretched out

So, the religious bias of iconography tells us: there is missing something ...

Tanks for the beautiful pics!!!! :)

Love
Susanna

[Susanna, you inquired at the onset of this topic thread:
"Are there any hints whether really two persons were fixed to one pole at the same time?"]

... The answer is a definite "yes"...
... While there are numerous accounts that I have come across in my life-long research on the Martyrs, the MOST striking is the story of a young couple named "Timothy & Maura" --- crucified back-to-back with Roman efficiency in what is now a region of Libya, North Africa...
... Roman Law generally required wives & children of a condemned man to die WITH him in like manner...
... Roman Law usually spared the "innocents" from severe flogging AND from the necessity of bearing the burden of the patibulem to the execution site... The guilty man had THAT responsibility added to his guilt & shame...
... It was a capital offense, once the victims' feet were nailed, to feed, give drink, touch in any comforting manner, speak to, or even maintain eye contact with the crucified (unless one WANTED to cruelly torture the "corpse" whether dead yet or not in actuality / the death certificate was signed in blood drawn from the wounded feet (required injury) --- thus legally the victim was no longer regarded as viably "human"... So, mounting a husband & wife back-to-back on the SAME cross --- DENIED them even this final earthly comfort --- NO eye contact ! They could hear each other's suffering, and be totally helpless to prevent abuses from being inflicted... [ It was commonly reported that Maura was auctioned off and butchered from her cross for cannibalistic purposes / Timothy had to listen to that process being fulfilled / His body was left upon the tree for nature to scavenge ]...
... I did a portrayal of their crucifixion, years ago --- and Last February, MkG2k7 remade his version of that image in his breath-taking 3D artistry...

Attachments

• mms1 073b1 Timothy & Maura.jpg
    mms1 073b1 Timothy & Maura.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,405
  • 073b2 Timothy&Maura.jpg
    073b2 Timothy&Maura.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,378
zekesgraphics said:
[Susanna, you inquired at the onset of this topic thread:
"Are there any hints whether really two persons were fixed to one pole at the same time?"]

Re: your work. Nice job zeke.
Helmut

The versions below I posted before, but were probably lost in the site wipe.

Revzeke, thank you for stirring me to action. Since said site wipe I've kind of lost heart, and have been neglecting When In Rome.

The first is a higher res version of Timothy and Maura, the second is a somewhat softcore version, ropes only. The third is one of Maura only.

Enjoy, folks.

Attachments

• onea1.jpg
    onea1.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 1,250
  • Timo_and_Maura_Softcore_by_MkG2k7.jpg
    Timo_and_Maura_Softcore_by_MkG2k7.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 1,221
  • TimoMaura_1024.jpg
    TimoMaura_1024.jpg
    482.1 KB · Views: 1,222
... Glad to have been of some help on this...
... These were among the posts "fnhsr" made, introducing me, that were lost...
... I AM finally beginning to feel a bit better, so some long-promised postings shouldn't be too far down the road...
... Sorry it has taken SO long !
... PS: the practice of mandating the deaths of wives, children, & even household servants (with THEIR down-line kin) served to be a powerful added incentive against criminal activity, PLUS --- it eliminated societal welfare responsibility for future support of the widows & orphans --- while eliminating the possibility of future "blood" retaliation for the primary execution... Generally the "innocents" were treated with slightly more humane handling during the preliminary steps of the process... There was some profit to be gained from selling & processing raw materials like hair, unblemished hides, flesh, & bones... Again, the "guilty" head of household was subjected to the helpless horror of his loved ones' brutal sufferings...

apostate630 said:
The versions below I posted before, but were probably lost in the site wipe.

Revzeke, thank you for stirring me to action. Since said site wipe I've kind of lost heart, and have been neglecting When In Rome.

The first is a higher res version of Timothy and Maura, the second is a somewhat softcore version, ropes only. The third is one of Maura only.

Enjoy, folks.

Hi Apostate,
Never lose heart. On June 3rd we felt really annoyed and down. No pics and huge loss of text, but look at it now! It's coming on by leaps and bounds and is going from strength to strength. We were just in it for fun but now we want to see this site really gain momentum. It may be my imagination but I think people are posting more often than before June 3rd which is a sign of loyalty. Just think what this site will be by next June 3rd!
Keep posting and visit The Coffee Shop
Julie & Mel

At the moment I'm writing this there are 12 users online. I've never seen that many!...and the number of members is growing.
Melissa

"Just a few combinations make sense:
- cornu and legs stretched out
- cornu and legs bent but facing the cross
- cornu and crux simplex, legs stretched out" (Susanna)

...about the use of "cornu"...

the basic problem for a victim on the cross is that the pain is inescapable: some time the victim tries to push with the feet, so the wrist must not suffer so much - then it tries to pull up with the arms, so that the feet do not hurt so - and the 'little horn' here can offer another interesting possibility.

it is not necessary that the victim is forced to rest on this: they may decide it as a possibility. (this is also shown in some pictures from Jedakk). at first she avoids this (perhaps useless feeling of shame) but this will not last long.

for a short while it is perhaps even acceptable to sit upon. of course it must be made so that it is not possible, to gain support without accepting penetration :) - if the victim feels too much relaxed like this of course, the torturer can intervene:

perhaps the thing consists of two halves and can be gradually parted with a screw so that it becomes larger and more painful. but the pain of the feet and the wrists also will get worse. what now, crucified one?

perhaps the cornu is made of metal and can be heated.

or a painful ointment is rubbed upon it (a strong chili paste will already give a lot of screaming!)

or if it is a modern crucifixion, then the thing may be electrically charged and put a shock. easily triggered by surveillance of motion - if it is not enough dancing, give more motivation!!

on an electric cross, also the nails can also be placed under power. - the imagination knows no bounds...

> Malins...
... I don't know if you caught this or not, but on 27 March, 2009 --- I posted a three-part story & graphics on Crux Foundation involving an "electrified" crucifixion... It was entitled "Future Vision / Cheyenne's Story"... A search over there using "cheyenne" as the key word will bring it up... I can probably also repost it somewhere over here where graphics are supposed to be included... :-P
... It's NOT really specifically "Roman" --- so look for it under the general "Crucified Women" files category...
... DONE ! The graphics aren't quite in order, but they're numbered --- so one can follow the sequence...

ouch! ... i was thinking more of, a kind of stimulation... motivation for moe interesting movement ... it is some higher current that you used :D
perhaps also this electric cross could be used for an extended version of the Milgram experiment...

... That "killing-grounds" & cross COULD likely be used in a variety of ways --- including mere "stimulation"...
... The "equipment" described was adaptable to various outcomes...
... I just needed to put poor Cheyenne down mercifully and quickly in this severe thunderstorm scenario...
... Now, what GR did... LOL ! He should've just done the "pdf"...

Back
Top Bottom