Gertrud The Brave Slave Girl - A Story In 6 Chapters

• Thread starter Deleted member 16639
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
Gertrud the brave slave girl - Chapter 4

Gertrud was untied and pushed to a wooden construction, that was brought in front of the large T-cross. It was a platform with a staircase on the side. The two guards wanted to take Gertrud up the stairs, when Titus shouted: "Stop! Her hair!"

He came to Gertrude and waved at a slave of Gaius Cornelius' household: "Akena come and make braids from the hair of that girl!"
Akena obeyed. She parted Gertrude's hair in the middle and braided right and left braids.
Gertrud had no idea what that was, but she suspected another meanness of Titus Malicenus.

Titus took Gertrude's chin: "This ensures that your hair can´t fall in front of your face, when you lower your head. Everybody should be able to look in your face, little thief .Everybody should be able to see your suffering..."
He snapped his fingers: "Now up with the thief!"

The two guards led Gertrud jup the stairs to the patibulum of the big T. Gertrud did not resist. She knew it was senseless. On top of the platform she had to turn with her back to the T-cross and raise the arms above the horizontal bar and put them back on the round wood.

The guards pulled her arms apart until they were nicely stretched. Then they bounded Gertrud at the patibulum. First they laid at the right and left side ropes to the bar and Gertrude's wrists. They used four winding on every arm. Then they knotted the ropes.

But that was not all. They took new ropes, and did wind them around Gertrude's upper arms and the patibulum. Again they pulled the ropes very firm. Gertrude's arms were pressed onto the wood. The bondage was very tight. Gertrude felt that the ropes would hurt soon.
She knew of other convicts that it would be very hard to stand after a short time, because she could not move her arms.

The guards turned to Gertrude's feet.
"The ankles directly to the Stipes please!" Titus called from below.
Gertrude was terrified. Oh no! Please not that!
Usually the ankles of a denlinquent were three or four times with cords wrapped and then bound to the upright stake was. So the feet were firmly held, but the ropes were somewhat soft and endure the bondage.
But sometimes the ankle of the punished person were put directly against the Stipes and then wrapped with the rope and pressed hard against the wood.
That was incredibly painful.

The two guards did exactly this to Gertrud. She had the feet right and left of the upright pole in directly contact to the wood and the men did wind the rope around her ankles and pressed them hardly to the stipes. They tied the rope very hard so there was no escape of that bondage.

This will hurt pretty soon, Gertrude thought. Soon. By all gods of my ancestors!

The guards went down the stairs. Together they pushed the platform to the side.
Now Gertrude hung visible for all peaope on the T-cross, a naked girl, wearing nothing. Her hair was in braids and she had been shaved between the legs. Because their feet were tied to the upright pole right and left side, her legs were a bit far apart. Everyone could see here naked shame.

Gertrud was ashamed to death. It almost drove her crazy, she had no way to protect her naked body from the prying eyes of the pack. She was handed over to the gawping onlookers in helplessy. She had not known how humiliating that was. Her soul suffered tortures.

Down below someone fetched a big board. It consisted of black slate. It was Hektor, the greek slave. Hektor was the darling of Titus Queenus.
"Add to this table, what this hideous girl has done", Titus. "She stole from the Lords apples. Everyone should read it."

So Hektor began to write. With a red potsherd he scribbled letter by letter on the board. It squeaked and creaked loudly.
Gertrude looked down from the cross. She could not believe it. The Greek idiot wrote more than a dozen mistakes! Pah! Even a donkey could write in a better way!

"Tis gyrl iss a thiev. Shee have stoolen the Lordts appeles. Shee have to stood the wolhe day on the kross", the sign said. Hektor put it down on the ground in front of the upright pole of the cross. People laughed out loud. The stupid greek thought that they laughed at Gertrud, but Gertrud knew better. They laughed at the "excellent" writing arts of Hektor.

If I could not read and write, I would not know that and think that they laugh at me, she thought. Then I would have been ashamed.
She saw the little Diana looking up to her with pity. The poor little Diana. The little slavegirl who was harassed from so many people.

Diana thought people would laugh at Gertrud, because the girl could not read or write. Normally, a slave did not learn to read and to write. But Gertrud was responsible for the cleaning of the school, when she was younger. While she cleaned the classrooms, she learned the way of reading and writing.
She had practiced secretly. She had procured an old table and scraped with a potsherd the letters on the slate until she knew how to do it in the right way. She was intelligent and she learned in a fast way.

For a while these thoughts diverted Gertrud, but soon she was aware that she was found naked and tied up in public. The prying eyes of the audience bored in Gertrud's eyes.
She felt like an animal at the cattle market.
People began to scoff about Gertrud's nakedness.

Gertrud could not stand it any longer. She fought against it, but as more and more people mocked her nakedness, she began to cry.
Immediately the crowd started laughing. Gertrud felt horrible shame. She had never been humiliated that way. It was terrible. She could not stop crying.

Why are they doin this?, Gertrud asked herself. How can they be so nasty?
At other days they behave quite normally, but if anyone is in a helpless situation, they turn into nasty monsters and trow all there hatred on this helpless person. How can that be? Normal people turn into scum bags.

Especially Aurelius and Markus were prominent with loud mockery.
I saved food for you, picked up by the orgies of the Lord and given it to you, Gertrud thought. She felt bitterness rise up inside. She had always been kind to the two young men and that was there thankyou. The two stood at the front of the gaping crowd and jeered loudly about Gertrud's precarious situation.

Gertrud felt horrified. She was shown naked and helpless in publicly, it was difficult to stand. She lowered her head, but because she wore braids, she could not hide her face behind a thick curtain of hair. She had no chance. She hung naked in front of all these nasty staring people.

Go away!, she thought. Why don´t you go home? What is here to see?
A naked and humiliated girl, replied a little voice in Gertrud's head. It is a spectacle for the crowd. It's like theater. For the folks down there that's great entertainment. Pure entertainment. They are waiting for you to start crying in pain. They want to see you writhing in pain. They want their drama.

Not all stood there and laughed at Gertrud. She saw slaves but also free persons, which looked at her only briefly in passing and then went their way. In the eyes of these people Gertrud discovered no spiteful. She saw pity in the eyes of these people.
But most folks stopped and stared extensively.

Gertrud's tears dried. For a while they hung silently on the cross.
Down below the mob stared.
Especially the views of some men were hard to bear. It was the kind of man who "took off clothes with the eyes" from a young woman.They didn´t need to take off in their toughts. She was allready naked.

Gertrud felt ashamed to be in front of the eyes of these men in fully helplessness. Full of lust, the men looked at her naked body and Gertrud had no way to escape these horny views. That was the worst of it. She was handed over to the gaze of the crowd naked and helpless.

She did not know how long she was already hanging on the T-cross, but gradually it began to hurt. Her arms tied tightly over the horizontal bar began to ache. The ropes cut deep into her flesh. Gertrude could not move her arms. Her hands felt numb and her fingers felt like plump sausages.

Even worse was the bondage of her feet. The cords pressed Gertrud's ankles with violence against the upright stipes. It was hurting. And her butt was burning from the hard strokes of the stick.

Gertrude tried to get her maltreated butt a piece away of the wood to ease the pain in her buttocks. She pushed her pelvis forward to get away her buttocks from the stipes.

Immediately the people started hooting. The loudest where Markus and Aurelius.
Markus shouted to Aurelius: "Look at that you stinger! She open up her pussy to you! Her pussy does not want the stipes. Gertruds pussy wants YOUR stipes, you stinger! Go on and stick it in hers! Hahahaaaa!"
The young men laughed. The crowd laughed.

"Meow!" called Aurelius. "The pussy meows! Meeooow!"
The crowd roared with laughter. You people wanted almost burst of laughing. They laughed and raged.

Gertrud broke into tears again. She could not help it.
She has never suffered so bad in her life. Suddenly she understood why the big T was such an effective punishment. It was not just the pain it had endured for many hours a convict. It was the humiliation of having to hang naked and helpless in front of the jeering and mocking crowd. It was an absolute horror for Gertrud.
She could not stop crying at all.

That was certainly humiliating enough, what next?

Gertrud the brave slave girl - Chapter 5

The people in front of the cross liked it that Gertrude was crying. That was quite nice for the pack. That convict offered a beautiful spectacle.
For Gertrud it was hell. She felt deeply humiliated.

Then there was the ever-worsening physical pain. To be crucified did hurt. Her ankles ached more and more. She tried to put more emphasis on the horizontal bar down on the arms, but that did hurt too. The ropes cut deeply. Her blood stopped. Her entire body tensed up sometimes.

In addition to that by now the sun was standing high in the sky and shone mercilessly down on her. Gertrude became thirsty. She knew that it would be a long, long time until the evening. Black despair came over her.

Down in front of the cross the people were standing and staring. Gertrud was stunned. What was so great about it staring for hours at a poor naked girl who was helplessly tied to a cross and suffered tortures.
The eyes of the staring crowd were a special pain to her soul.

The physical pain increased from minute to minute. Oh how Gertrud wished to support their feet somewhere.
If I could rest my toes somewhere at least, she thought wistfully.
Her ankles pressed hardly against the upright pole were burning in pain. Her sore butt rubbed on wood. Even that did hurt.

Gertrud did not know what was the worst: the physical pain, the terrible thirst or the gawking crowd.

"C-C-Can someone give me some water please?" she pleaded in a trembling voice. "Please! Just a little sip!"
But they just laughed in common down there.
Gertrud writhed crying on the cross. She wanted to be able to move her arms a little. That these were tightly and rigidly connected to the cross bar, was a very special torture.
And something made Gertrud worry. Gradually she felt an increasing pressure on her bladder.

No!, she thought. No way! Not in front of all these people!
Just the thought of having to urinate in front of the gaping crowd, let her blush.
No way she would do that. Never ever!

But the pressure on her bladder increased with every minute. Gertrud understood that she could not hold it until the evening. Eventually she had to urinate.
The prospect was so terrible that she started to cry again.

Down below cheered the crowd. Gertrud was writhing on the cross. She put her head back and that hurted. She hung her head down and that hurted too. She pushed off with her tied feet and that hurted. She hung with all her body weight on the arms and that hurted. She pressed her hips a little to the side to mop her aching butt from the stipes and this movement also hurted.
No matter what Gertrude did, no matter how she writhed - it always did hurt. With each minute, the pain got worse.

Gertrud twisted and writhed.Oh, she would have done anything just to get away from this terrible cross - really everything. She was crying. She sobbed. She squirmed. The pressure on her bladder was getting stronger.
Go away!, she thought. The people were staring at her again. Why don´t you go home? Leave me alone! Why can´t you leave me in peace? Is not it enough that I have to endure this atrocious pain? Go away. Please.

But they did not go away. They stood there staring at her naked writhing body.
Gertrude wanted to push away their woonded buttocks from the stipes. At that moment, a sharp pain shot through her shoulders. The pain was so unbearable that she cried out loudly.
She was not paying attention for a moment, and this moment took mother nature to come into their own.

The floodgates of her bladder opened and her water erupted in a high arc.
Down below the people jumped aside sreaming as apes as the wet beam bubbled to the ground .
Then they all laughed loudly.
Gertrud was dying of shame. She wanted to stop to pee, but it gushed forth in a high arc out of her boda. It did not stop. Gertrud's cheeks burned in shame.

"Look people! Look here!" called Aurelius. "The city has a new fountain! See how the water bubbles!"
The people writhed in laughter.
"A new fountain! A new fountain!" they cried like a chorus.

Finally, the current from Gertrude bubble dried up.
"Oh what a shame! The fountain is dried up", called Aurelius.
"Give her a drink," someone yelled. "Then the fountain will sprinke again pretty soon."
They all laughed. But nobody gave Gertrude something to drink.

"The well has dried up," someone shouted and threw a pebble at Gertrud. He had aimed at her pussy and just barely missed it. Other people took small pebbles from the ground and threw them at Gertrud. It hurted.
Gertrude could not help it. She could only hang helplessly and crying on the cross. She was delivered to the meanness of the pack.

Eventually, she collapsed. Her head sunk down and she hung still on the cross. She had no more power. The impossible pain filled out her body completely and thirst tormented her in an unimaginable way. But she had no more tears and she had not the strength to squirm.

How long Gertrud hung on the cross she did not know. She had lost all sense of time. She did not know what hour of the day it was. She knew only that she had terrible pain and that she almost died of thirst.
When she looked up, she was amazed that she was all alone in the marketplace.

It's the lunch hour, she thought. All have gone home to take their meal.
It was a mercy. At least for a while nobody stared at her.
But the thirst was getting worse and worse.

Gertrude saw a small figure in the corner of her eye beside the houses. Somebody came to the cross. It was little Diana, who was always bullied by all nasty people in the household of Gaius Cornelius. The girl looked around fearfully. Then she came up. Quick as a squirrel she crawled up on the cross and held a small amphora at Gertruds lips: "Drink! Drink, Gertrude! Hurry up! Any moment somebody may come along!"

Gertrude drank and drank. Delightfully cool, fresh water ran down her parched throat. She drank until the small amphora was empty.
The whole time Diana's eyes went from one side to the other. She was afraid of being caught, as Gertrude did drink. It was a punishable offense to give a delinquent on the cross some water to drink.

As Gertrud had emptied the jug, Diana dropped to the ground. She quickly secured to all sides.
At this moment, Titus came around the next corner.
"What are you doing?" he cried.
Diana standed shocked.
Titus was in a rage. "I have asked you something, slave girl!" he called.

"I ... I ..." stammered Diana. "I'm supposed to get water." She showed Titus the amphora.
"So what are you standing around and staring?" blustered Titus. "Get away and do your job! Only when you have done your work, you can come here and watch the crucifixion! Shot off!"

Diana ran away. Titus stared after her. Then he turned and looked up at Gertrud. His eyes were narrowed to slits.
Gertud saw the mistrust in the eyes of Titus Dirtpigus.
She opened her mouth and began to stammer: "Please water! A little sip of water! Only one gulp! Please!" She provided a wonderful spectacle.

"You might hope so!" growled Titus Nastycus. "You won´t get a drop! Tonight when they release you, you can drink. Before that hour, you get nothing!"
Titus Wants-a-viper-in-his-bedus walked away.

Gertrud closed her eyes.
Thank you dear little Diana, she thought. Many thanks. I'll never forget.

Sassi you have captured the feelings of the constant changes, and the awareness of them as they happen, perfectly. It isn't easy to put it into words that convey the many sensations that a single minute can hold as you are hanging on the cross.

As I was reading, all I was thinking was ... that's right! ... and, yes that does happen ... it does feel that way!
I am a little jealous. ;)
Really great writing!!!

flower3

Gertrud the brave slave girl - Chapter 6

Now when the thirst no longer agonized, Gertrude felt the physical pain even more. It was unbearable. Gertrude could not stand it any longer. But she had to endure, whether she wanted to or not.

The lunch seemed to be over, because people came back to the marketplace and of course, lots of people put right back in front of the T-cross, as if they had nothing else better to do.
The crowd was delighted by Gertruds suffering.

Gertrude began to cry again. It hurted so terribly. She came around in agony. The people down on the ground watched her. They didn´t want to miss anything. The gawking crowd registered every tear and every moaning in pain from Gertrude and they watched when the girl writhed in agony on the cross.

Gertrud didn´t know what was worst: her hard-pressed arms on the patibulum, that felt like knotty wood or their ankles pressed against the stipes. It was horrible. Gertrud was writhing all the time. She could not stay still one second. The pain forced her to move constantly.
However, these movements caused new pain.

Gertrude did cry.
Gertrude sobbed.
Gertrude screamed in pain.

It hurted. It hurted so terribly. There was no end of all the pain and with every second that unbelievable pain became even more . In front of the cross, people stared. Gertruds eyes were clouded by pain and she was blinded by tears.

She sobbed and whimpered without any break.
Those monsters grinned down on the ground and laughed. They pointed their finger on Gertrud. They made stupid jokes.

"Just hear how she sings! Hear it!" bawled one. "I should write down her song, so it can be preserved for posterity!" People laughed loudly.
Gertrude looked down. It was Hektor, the favorite of Titus Assholus, who mad stupid jokes.

HEktor spread in a theatrical gesture his arms: "Hurry up! Bring me a blackboard and a pen so I can write down what the thief is singing to us so beautfully!"
The people bent over with laughter.

Gertrud was suffering horribly, but there was a small quantitiy of pride in her heart.
"So go and learn to write first, you idiot!" she yelled down from the cross.
The crowd became quiet. All of them opened up their ears very wide.
"You can not even write your own name without error!" cried Gertrud. "You dumbhead! I would be ashamed if I were a writer so miserable like you, idiot!"

And then she counted on each error, that Hektor had written on the blackboard below the cross. The people listened with open mouth. Hektors face turned red.
New to laughter surged. This time the people laughed about Hektor.

"Yes! Give it to him!" the crowd yelled. "Slap him, red fox! Scratch him! Bite him!"
Hektor Redfaceus pusehd of hastily. The laughter of the crowd followed him.

Titus Assholus Maximus stood at the edge of the market place and was speechless. He had noticed how the crucified girl was getting rid of Hektor. How could this little slave know how to read and write?

A dark voice beside Titus Miserablicus: "What did she say? This little slave girl can read and write?"
Titus was frightened. The Lord stood next to him, Gaius Cornelius.
"I-I-I didn´t know it until this moment Sir," stammered Titus.

"Amazing that she is still in such a good condidion after so many hours on the big T," Gaius Cornelius said. "She has stamina." Titus heard something like recognition out of the voice of his master.
Gaius looked at him: "Did she beg for mercy?"
Titus scratched his chin: "Uuh ... no, Lord. She was crying. She screamed and wimpered. But she has not once asked for relief."

"Brave little redhair," Gaius Cornelius said. He looked at the large sundial which stood in the middle of the market place. "It is enough. Take her down from the cross."
"But Lord, she has to stand another hour!" Titus said.

Gaius Cornelius skewered Titus with his eyes: "Will you tell me the rules, majordomus?!"
Titus was startled: "N-N-No Sir. Of course not." He quickly scurried away, to do what his Lord told him to do. Gaius could see the angryness of his majordomus. He was angry that Gertrude was to be released an hour earlier.

Gaius Cornelius looked behind his majordomus. He wondered why the guy was so bad about female slaves. It was a quirk of Titus and Gaius didn´t like it at all. It had a disruptive effect on the labor of the slaves.
He stood at the edge of the market and watched as the german girl was brought down from the large T.

Gertrud first thought that she was dreaming. She saw how the thing with the staircase was pushed to the large T. Then two people came up and opened the knots of her bondage. They had to support Gertrud on the way down. She could not stand on her own feet.
Below they let her go. Gertrude fell to the ground. Crying, she layed in the gutter.

The crowd dispersed. The spectacle was over. There was nothing more to see. Only a naked girl lying on the floor crying. That was boring.

But two people were still there: Markus and Aurelius. They stood in front of Gertrud.
"Well, did you've had enough?" Markus joked. "This happens to you when you are stealing!"
"Worth, you had it all," cried Aurelius. "You owned that!" He kicked Gertruds stomach.
She writhed in pain.
Markus supported his friend. The two guys kicked the defenseless girl several times.

When they left, Gertrud was laying in the gutter covered with bruises. She cried and trembled uncontrollably. Her whole body did hurt and she could not get up.
Someone leaned down to her and helped her get up: "Come up, girl." It was old Apollonia, who worked in the kitchen of Gaius Cornelius. Little Diana was with her.
"Come on girl," said Apollonia and leaded Gertrud through the streets.

Gertrude let Apollonie help her. Her complete body was one big pain.
Back home Apollonia prepaired a hot bath for a Gertrud. She mixed healing herbal essences in the bath water.
Then she helped Gertrud to lay down in the hot water and washed her carefully from head to toe.

Diana gave Gertrude a pitcher with gorgeous cool fresh water. Gertrud drank.
"Thanks," she breathed. "Thank you for helping me when I was crucified."
"We are not even as Aurelius and Markus," growled Apollonia. "What beasty guys! I wish that they end up in the mines!"
Gertrud had never experienced Apollonia so angry. Normally, the old slave was the goodness in person.

After the bath, Apollonia and Diana dried Gertrud off carefully and Apollonia rubbed the bruises of Gertrud with healing ointment. "Until tomorrow, you're allright ," she promised. "I have removed more than one girl from the large T. It hurts a lot, but the pain will pass away til tomorrow.

She brought Gertrud to bed. "Sleep now, little redhair. In the morning you will be healthy again."
She leaned down and whispered to Gertrud: "Diana is going with an apple to Arnold. Your little brother will soon be well again. Sleep now, Gertrud..."

The old Apollonia was right. The next morning Gertrude was okay. Her ankles still ached a bit and her shoulders were stiff and she felt something like an muscle ache, but otherwise she had no physical complaints.
Well, the Romans knew it! They knew how they could punish unruly slaves cruelly, without interrupting their work force for too long.

A slave boy came to Gertrud: "You shall appear right now in front of the Lord!"
Gertrude immediately went to Gaius Cornelius: "You sent for me, Sir."
"How can you read and write?" Gaius asked without preamble.
Gertrud was frightened. Would she get punished for her knowledge?

"I learned it by chance, sir," she said. "I was scheduled for a year to do the cleaning of the school. When I did my work, I listened to the way how the teachers taught the young Romans. So I learned it."

Gaius smiled: "Smart girl I have to say."
Gaius Cornelius looked thoughtfully at his fingernails. Then he came to the point: "I bought a new peace of land and I am planning an orchard -better say: a plantation- and I want fields where grains will grow. The Roman Legion needs cereals and other foods. The new estate will be a good investment..."

He leaned forward, "I need somebody there, who takes care of everything. This representative has at first to be able to read and write. In addition, I demand stamina ...
I have therefore decided that you're going to lead the new plantation for me. Do you have certain desires, who you want to take whit you?"

Gaius Cornelius smiled: "Except your little brother. Thats a must of course. He will be on your side."
Gertrude nearly could not believe it.
"I want to take the old Apollonia with me, Sir," she said. "She has experience in managing a household and I can stand as a consultant on my side. Then I would like the little Diana."

"All right," Gaius said. He looked at Gertrud: "How about Markus and Aurelius.The're young and strong."
Gaius Cornelius watched exactly each reaction the small german girl.
"Sir," she said. "I think those two are too young and impetuous to work on an apple orchard. They have only mischief in their heads. Here, under your supervision, they are better accommodated."

Gaius was impressed. He had witnessed how the two guys had mistreated Gertrud, but the little redhair was not looking out for revenge. He would get a good leader for his new plantation. Gaius was very satisfied.

"How about Titus?" he asked.
Gertrud shook her head: "Titus is the highest slave among you, Lord. He would not easily bend unter a youngers leadership and also he can not stand female slaves That would not work..."

"What has that guy actually against women?" asked Gaius.
"You don´t know ?" asked Gertrude. The girl seemed genuinely surprised. "But Lord! Everybody knows it! Titus doesn´t love women. Titus loves only men. That's why he is so fond of you too and he loves to serve you, when you use to take a bath."

Gaius Cornelius felt like a horse had kicked him. "Titus is a fagot? That queenie stares at bathing time at my weenie?!?"
Gaius swallowed hard. "Well. I need a manager for my olive farm in Italy. There are only male slaves do the word. A good place for Titus. I´ll send him over there. And Markus Aurelius will go to work for two years in the mines. They can use their impetuous nature in the right place."

He let Gertrud go: "Go now, my good new manager. In the next few days you will choose the people you want to take with you and I will accept every decision you make..."
Gaius smiled gently: "And very quickly get some apples from outside! Your little brother needs them as a medicine. Take as many as you need...
Every day. "

So it was that the large T that brought the young Gertrude eventually great pain and great shame but also brought great happiness to her. From that day on she lived with her little brother and many good people on the new plantation and all had a good life.

E N D

Oh hello you all.
I will be a bit short on time the next two weeks. That means, the next story will come not so soon.
It will follow the simple rule: fifty-fifty
First story was naily, second story was ropy, so next story will be naily again ... and so on ...
You all are great! Love you! You are kind of "onlookers" or "spectators". ;):)

Back
Top Bottom