Her punishment for causing a wildfire
No, the place was a woodland glade until they crucified her naked there -
then the thermometer rocketed and the place went up in flames! :devil:

When Barb was invited to go hiking with some acquaintances,
she had no idea she was to become the main attraction
for the hiking trip
View attachment 411527
:devil:
The other young woman in this pic seems to be dressed more for a night at the disco than for hiking in the mountains.
Unsuitable clothing can get you killed, at least in the British climate, only needs to turn cold and the rain to start and you are in big trouble.

The other young woman in this pic seems to be dressed more for a night at the disco

"Are you sure this skimpy dress is suitable for a hike in the hills?"
"Of course my dear, it's a warm day, you'll be uncomfortable in anything more"

"We've been hiking two hours now, and I'm hot, I'm glad you persuaded me not to wear more"
""I do know these hills, my dear, we're miles from habitation. Now look at that dead tree ahead, see the girl?"
"What's she doing?"
"Helping the environment"
"I must see. Oww, these midges are terrible around her. Help me get them off me!"
"They're worse under your clothes, strip off quick"

"Why have you nailed me to the other side of this tree?"
"Bait. All the midges are attracted to your sweating bodies, the other girl is nearly dead so we need to reset the trap. This way the rest of the hills are free of midges and we can hike in peace. Come on lads, seven more miles to go"

"Are you sure this skimpy dress is suitable for a hike in the hills?"
"Of course my dear, it's a warm day, you'll be uncomfortable in anything more"

"We've been hiking two hours now, and I'm hot, I'm glad you persuaded me not to wear more"
""I do know these hills, my dear, we're miles from habitation. Now look at that dead tree ahead, see the girl?"
"What's she doing?"
"Helping the environment"
"I must see. Oww, these midges are terrible around her. Help me get them off me!"
"They're worse under your clothes, strip off quick"

"Why have you nailed me to the other side of this tree?"
"Bait. All the midges are attracted to your sweating bodies, the other girl is nearly dead so we need to reset the trap. This way the rest of the hills are free of midges and we can hike in peace. Come on lads, seven more miles to go"

Nice trekking... Old Slave way..

Good to see a vintage Slanece at #2 - he was always an inspiration for me. This is a particularly unusual picture - the title 'Nails or ropes?' draws attention to the fact that neither have been used, and perhaps Slanece was undecided about the finishing touches. His crosses sometimes look like dinosaur bones - I'm not sure if this is intentional but it adds to the distinctive character of his work. I'm currently as guilty as anyone of going through a quiet period, but I never imagined that Slanece would beat me to a new crux submission on Deviantart! I'm not going to steal anybody's thunder - suffice to say that a new crux picture by Slanece is really a great event, and I shall humbly leave its introduction on this thread to your inimitable style. Oh, the anticipation...

Last edited:
The pic is related to Boudicca's rebellion (60 AD). According to Tacitus (if I remember well), when the rebels took Londinium, they crucified the roman women they had captured. Crucifying a roman Citizen was considered the ultimate abomination for the Romans.

I read that Boudicca's army took any British women they caught shacked-up with Romans, nailed them to the doors of their houses, cut off their breasts and sewed the breasts to the women's lips. Mind you Boudicca and her daughters had been raped by Romans following the death of her husband, a British chief who had supported the Romans. Bad deeds promote bad retaliations.:(

I read that Boudicca's army took any British women they caught shacked-up with Romans, nailed them to the doors of their houses, cut off their breasts and sewed the breasts to the women's lips. Mind you Boudicca and her daughters had been raped by Romans following the death of her husband, a British chief who had supported the Romans. Bad deeds promote bad retaliations.:(

Indeed... And Boudicca had been flogged, but only her daughters were raped, as far as we know...

Found at DeviantArt:
That's the only crux related art by this artist.
http://ceeaybee.deviantart.com/

Yes, I have already posted that one in this thread some time ago. Ah well, we can't help it, the good pics go round and round for our pleasure :)

Good to see a vintage Slanece at #2 - he was always an inspiration for me. This is a particularly unusual picture - the title 'Nails or ropes?' draws attention to the fact that neither have been used, and perhaps Slanece was undecided about the finishing touches. His crosses sometimes look like dinosaur bones - I'm not sure if this is intentional but it adds to the distinctive character of his work. I'm currently as guilty as anyone of going through a quiet period, but I never imagined that Slanece would beat me to a new crux submission on Deviantart! I'm not going to steal anybody's thunder - suffice to say that a new crux picture by Slanece is really a great event, and I shall humbly leave its introduction on this thread to your inimitable style. Oh, the anticipation...

Yes, the crosses have an unusual feel to them, like enormous pieces of driftwood, or bones.
Well spotted, she has no visible means of support.

The pic is related to Boudicca's rebellion (60 AD). According to Tacitus (if I remember well), when the rebels took Londinium, they crucified the roman women they had captured. Crucifying a roman Citizen was considered the ultimate abomination for the Romans.

Plenty of good material for stories and pictures in that rebellion, certainly. And a lesson to the powerful, be merciful or those you wrong may rise up and bite you on the bum!

Of course, mercy may be a relative thing. Here's one from my archive, 2003, I rather like it! There is something very intimate about offering the crucified a drink, or indeed in accepting a drink like this, bound and helpless. Mercy, of a sort.

a sip before raising.jpg

Back
Top Bottom