Great Pics Found By Phlebas And Other

Go to CruxDreams.com
I found these four paintings by Roberto Ferri, a young Italian painter, somehow crux related, in order:

The Dream of Saint Eulalia - 2015

Saint Eulalia - 2010

The Lovers' Tomb

The Sphynx - 2011

Probably some of them have been already posted here.

I did discover Roberto Ferri some time ago, but it's good that you've posted them.
I don't think I've seen that first one, the Dream of St Eulalia, it was probably before 2015 that I saw his work.
I like that one very much, very expressive.

Don't know the artist maybe some of you do
Posts on DevArt as benitezdk.

Oldies but goodies, Foggy.

I've been listening to music while I work in isolation. Today I was listening to Kate Bush.

I've posted this here and not in the famous bare ladies thread because Kate has not to my knowledge completely disrobed on camera, though she did wear some revealing outfits in her early days. More to the point, the cover art of her first album The Kick Inside strongly reflected crux imagery, albeit under the guise of a kite.
5a20aa294bbfaeef2d6300c2826d5c62--album-cover-easy-listening.jpgtumblr_n5cuzqeIbV1ssnjgbo1_1280.jpgkate-bush-wuthering-heights-1978-4.jpg
I am eternally grateful to our own Bob Inder for these sketches that went that step further and imagined a similar figure naked on a cross.
bbki1.jpgbbki2.jpgbbki3.jpgbbki4.jpgbbki5.jpg

Now, the point of this. I was reminded today of the original video for her hit Running Up That Hill. There is unmistakable crux imagery here, with her crucified on the back of her dance partner.
kbrun1.jpgkbrun2.jpg

Watch the video from 1:23 to about 1:35, she even has a sequence where she clearly rises, sags and rises again, the crux dance. Remarkable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had forgotten all about that, even though I once had those videos on a VHS tape and wore it out with watching.. thank you phlebas, for the nostalgia:)

No problem.
Still listening now :), appreciating home many good tracks there are on so many of the albums.

So, it's Friday, what do I have here?

crucis_02_by_gallows_girl_amy_d7gkgl9.jpgcruzx_by_zcruxx_dd1p0dc35.jpg4569_by_odinssohn3d_ddsjr0v65.pngthumb_2006_erotic torture chamber (3).jpgEP20tsugumi1.jpgthe-crucifixion-review-crucifixion.jpglemarquisteasecaps01121122.jpg3448830500000578-3594539-image-a-25_1463481457723.jpgd1gdxur-9a243880-04f5-4a07-99dc-056237720aea.jpgconfused.jpg

*Amber* Digging way back into the vault this lady has probably had more manips done of her than most others. While we try to find a photo hosting site to serve our needs I thought I would upload these smaller sized pics. These are the originals that I downloaded when I belonged to her Yahoo group. Glad I got these because one day I came back to log in and the group was gone. I had heard a while back that Amber was having some health problems and I really don't know what happened to her. She was however a grand lady of the cross.

01-Amber_27Crucified_27.bak.jpg02-Amber_27Crucified_27.bak.jpg03-Amber_27Crucified_27.bak.jpg04-Amber_27Crucufied_27.bak.jpg05-Amber_27Crucified_27.bak.jpg06-Amber_27Crucified_27.bak.jpg07-Amber_27Crucified_27.bak.jpg08-Amber_27Crucified_27.bak.jpg09-Amber_27Crucified_27.bak.jpg10-Amber_27Crucified_27.bak.jpg

The women aren't dancing fast enough for his satisfaction. I always wondered why some of the Roman emperors were so unbalanced until I read an article a few years back. The Romans would sweeten their wine with LEAD! Water supply pipes coming from the aqueducts that weren't stone were LEAD!

Not quite correct. The Romans were 'cutting' not sweetening their wine with water (which of course was delivered in lead pipes). They considered you a barbarian if you drank your wine straight because you got drunk a lot faster if you didn't cut it. And while the Romans liked their wine they were kind of turned off by drunkenness because you lost your manners when you were drunk.

However consider this, a study not too many years ago on modern CEOs found that the vast majority of them are sociopaths. So you are now a sociopath, who was also a victorious general (as most were) ruling the world with almost unlimited powers amid incredible wealth. Ruling in a time when life was incredible cheap.

We should probably be more surprised at the number of capable sane men who managed to rise to Emperor.

kisses

willowfall

Not quite correct. The Romans were 'cutting' not sweetening their wine with water (which of course was delivered in lead pipes). They considered you a barbarian if you drank your wine straight because you got drunk a lot faster if you didn't cut it. And while the Romans liked their wine they were kind of turned off by drunkenness because you lost your manners when you were drunk.

However consider this, a study not too many years ago on modern CEOs found that the vast majority of them are sociopaths. So you are now a sociopath, who was also a victorious general (as most were) ruling the world with almost unlimited powers amid incredible wealth. Ruling in a time when life was incredible cheap.

We should probably be more surprised at the number of capable sane men who managed to rise to Emperor.

kisses

willowfall

The Romans used lead in all kinds of things; there's a good chance lead poisoning had a minor part in contributing to the fall of Rome!

Back
Top Bottom