Hornet1ba - My 3d Renderings

Go to CruxDreams.com
A blond being nailed to a cross...

Also i recently learned how to use a Daz Studio option to get rid of the broken shoulders and joint when you pose the Victoria 4 characters in certain way, actually its an old option usually used to make clothes fit your characters, probably old news to others 3d artists!

You just add a “smoothing modifier” to the V4 mesh as described here:http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9823/
Please, more of this series!!

Smoothing modifier effect:

Hornet, I've only seen this broken shoulder effect happen in Poser when I've exceeded the limits for a joint, usually a twist does it rather than a bend. As a matter of fact, I just tried with a V4 character in Poser 11 to get the shoulder to do that and couldn't. Must be something specific to DAZ Studio causing that. Surprising to me, since V4 is a DAZ figure!

Hornet, I've only seen this broken shoulder effect happen in Poser when I've exceeded the limits for a joint, usually a twist does it rather than a bend. As a matter of fact, I just tried with a V4 character in Poser 11 to get the shoulder to do that and couldn't. Must be something specific to DAZ Studio causing that. Surprising to me, since V4 is a DAZ figure!

Maybe this smoothing of the mesh is automatically added to the V4 figure in the latest version of Poser ,like it is added to the Genesis character in Daz studio,sadly Daz does tend to abandon their old product......$$$

This "mesh smoothing"option can also be use as a simple physics effects (only one object) but its main usage is to apply it to clothes so they can automatically fit your character.

Also its effect can be seen it the Open Gl preview of the scene not in the renderer.

Attachments

• V4 smoothing off.jpg
    V4 smoothing off.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 840
  • V4 smoothing on.jpg
    V4 smoothing on.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 679
Nice, I was waiting to see what the Roman legionary was going to do, but then it ended! :) Seems a little slow, but it's really hard to figure out how long ordinary actions like an eye blink, etc. should take in these animations. Are those V4 figures? What hair did you use? Long hair is usually a big problem in animation, but looks like the lower ends stayed on her shoulders very well rather than swinging through them as is often the norm.

Nice, I was waiting to see what the Roman legionary was going to do, but then it ended! :) Seems a little slow, but it's really hard to figure out how long ordinary actions like an eye blink, etc. should take in these animations. Are those V4 figures? What hair did you use? Long hair is usually a big problem in animation, but looks like the lower ends stayed on her shoulders very well rather than swinging through them as is often the norm.

As usual its a work in progress ,i'm not sure what happen next:)
Maybe another Roman legionary will come up and say:that's Aqua Marina the thief,we finally got her!
The other legionary respond: no Aqua Marina is still at large so who's that girl?

Maybe he will grope the girl,but that's a moral limit that i cannot cross.....

Those are all V4 figures,they are actually 3 different animated scenes done in the past merged in a new scene:much less work that way....

But you're right the hair movement in animation are really time consuming to adjust:there is still some poke through in this small scene but they are hidden with some creative camera angle.

Also the ¨smoothing modifier¨ option can be applied to hair with the V4 mesh as a collision target:the mesh of the hair are then automatically adjusted in every frame of the animation,but there is a limit to what it can do,i apply the smoothing as a last step after i spend an unreasonable amount of time posing the hair movement.

The hair in this scene are:
Mairy3dream Xenia
Netfis city swan
Aprilsh amarseda

Attachments

• Aprilsh april amarseda hair.jpg
    Aprilsh april amarseda hair.jpg
    730.8 KB · Views: 1,254
  • mairy3dream xenia hair.jpg
    mairy3dream xenia hair.jpg
    625.5 KB · Views: 1,194
  • Netfis city swan hair.jpg
    Netfis city swan hair.jpg
    622.6 KB · Views: 1,204
I think hair will only be a problem for another couple of years before a cheap realtime hair physics engine becomes viable. (Like in tomb raider, but better, haha!) In the meantime, I really do appreciate all of the extra work y'all do with regards to hair. This latest animation is hot, hot , hot!

Also, why not have him grope her? I'm sure she'd like the relief from the pain!

Another .gif (a preview of this new animated movie)

The .gif format is not very efficient:-(
I can make a longer movie for a smaller size but its more complicated to view contrary to a .gif
that everyone seems to be able to enjoy.

Attachments

• aurelia 2016 trio movie2c.gif
    aurelia 2016 trio movie2c.gif
    7 MB · Views: 1,586
  • Aurelia 2016 trio movie+sound1.mp4
    7.8 MB · Views: 1,539
Another .gif (a preview of this new animated movie)

The .gif format is not very efficient:-(
I can make a longer movie for a smaller size but its more complicated to view contrary to a .gif
that everyone seems to be able to enjoy.
Really nice work. Facial expressions are excellent.

Back
Top Bottom