Inspired by Jedakk's The Throwaway Girl

Go to CruxDreams.com

Steve

Assistant executioner
First, thank you again for resurrecting my old thread (https://cruxforums.com/xf/threads/nynia-returns.305/). It's heartening to know that nearly 20 years since I first posted my artwork that my work is still appreciated.

Second, I've found great inspiration from @jedakk these last 2 decades, from his original X-cross artwork to his stories like Faithful Sayings, The Serpent's Eye, and his masterful illustrations, to The Throwaway Girl (https://cruxforums.com/xf/threads/the-throwaway-girl-a-new-story-by-jedakk.8480/ ). I remain a huge fan.

As Jedakk says he's taking another sabbatical (I dare not believe it to be a retirement), I wanted to say thank you and give him a sabbatical gift in illustrating one of the many great scenes from his latest work. Here is poor Ellie Ruck, suffering during the Saturday Night Special Program.

Melissa. It looks like it was Jollyrei who has also been going through the old files. If I click on the first link at the top it does take me to 2006 but I have to log in again. Does this link work HERE

Attachments

• Throwaway Girl--MR.jpg
    Throwaway Girl--MR.jpg
    848.6 KB · Views: 1,466
Last edited by a moderator:
First, thank you again for resurrecting my old thread (https://cruxforums.com/xf/threads/nynia-returns.305/). It's heartening to know that nearly 20 years since I first posted my artwork that my work is still appreciated.

Second, I've found great inspiration from @jedakk these last 2 decades, from his original X-cross artwork to his stories like Faithful Sayings, The Serpent's Eye, and his masterful illustrations, to The Throwaway Girl (https://cruxforums.com/xf/threads/the-throwaway-girl-a-new-story-by-jedakk.8480/ ). I remain a huge fan.

As Jedakk says he's taking another sabbatical (I dare not believe it to be a retirement), I wanted to say thank you and give him a sabbatical gift in illustrating one of the many great scenes from his latest work. Here is poor Ellie Ruck, suffering during the Saturday Night Special Program.
That's an excellent illustration! There she is, whipped, crucified and suffering electrical torture to her labia and clit with close-ups on the big monitors behind and above her. It's been a very long time since I've seen you posting! Glad I could inspire you to create this.

Took me a longer moment than I like to realize which Steve you are, Steve. I second Jedakk's sentiments, and am very glad you still have that HOLY SHIT!!!! touch you bring to crux art. :eeek::babeando::clapping:

Took me a longer moment than I like to realize which Steve you are, Steve. I second Jedakk's sentiments, and am very glad you still have that HOLY SHIT!!!! touch you bring to crux art. :eeek::babeando::clapping:
Same here, I know several Steves, but after looking at the picture I realized he used to go by Steve Cordero. And then another clue was the Nynia link.

This is literally the perfect illustration for this story. Never could I have images that Steve Codero would do another crux piece. Her expression is perfect! And you drew her hair so beautifully. And those screens are a brilliant touch. Great job, hard off to both @Steve and @jedakk

Hi Steve, congratulations on your latest illustration. You have made an excellent choice of model - in fact one you have previously used for another story illustration.
Whilst I am unable to identify the face, I believe the rest of the model is the same one you used for 'Didi on the Cross' by Tarquinius Rex.

Your earlier interpretation of Alice was made on a Wacom tablet in 2008 - is the new picture produced by the same method?
Please excuse my cropping for the comparison, and thanks for a great picture! :)

Makar Alice cf Steve Throwaway Girl 2021.jpg

(Phlebas' jaw drops in amazement)

A new illustration of Jedakk's great story? Created by Steve Cordero?
But, it's not Christmas yet! I must be dreaming.

Even the cornu is there in loving detail

Same here, I know several Steves, but after looking at the picture I realized he used to go by Steve Cordero. And then another clue was the Nynia link.
Thank you, both! Yes, I've been around so long I got to use the username "Steve" LOL

Hi Steve, congratulations on your latest illustration. You have made an excellent choice of model - in fact one you have previously used for another story illustration.
Whilst I am unable to identify the face, I believe the rest of the model is the same one you used for 'Didi on the Cross' by Tarquinius Rex.

Your earlier interpretation of Alice was made on a Wacom tablet in 2008 - is the new picture produced by the same method?
Please excuse my cropping for the comparison, and thanks for a great picture! :)

Yes, good eye! Alice is such a fantastic resource for crux poses that this one was a perfect representation of Ellie's excruciated pose during the electroshock session. The faces are from a separate model as I needed ones with the appropriate expression. This is based on Lyen Parker from ElitePain fame. From an artist's standpoint, I prefer models/actresses whose beauty carries through pained expressions, which is rare. The 2 best in my opinion are Lyen Parker and Amy Hesketh (of RedFeline renowned).

Yes, I still use the Wacom tablet and it works great. If I did more frequent work I'd upgrade the this one has served me just fine.

Yes, good eye! Alice is such a fantastic resource for crux poses that this one was a perfect representation of Ellie's excruciated pose during the electroshock session. The faces are from a separate model as I needed ones with the appropriate expression. This is based on Lyen Parker from ElitePain fame. From an artist's standpoint, I prefer models/actresses whose beauty carries through pained expressions, which is rare. The 2 best in my opinion are Lyen Parker and Amy Hesketh (of RedFeline renowned).

Yes, I still use the Wacom tablet and it works great. If I did more frequent work I'd upgrade the this one has served me just fine.
You definitely have a refined taste in pained faces, contorted in agony, but still radiantly beautiful. And of course, you understand that the cross isn't just a pretty pose, it sucks to be crucified, and the girls react suitably.

And of course, one of my favorite aspects of @Steve art is his lovingly rendered long locks on all of the girls. I basically insisted to Jedakk that Ellie should have a ponytail, and you captured that perfectly man. I don't think you've ever drawn a girl without long sexy hair!

And of course, one of my favorite aspects of @Steve art is his lovingly rendered long locks on all of the girls. I basically insisted to Jedakk that Ellie should have a ponytail, and you captured that perfectly man. I don't think you've ever drawn a girl without long sexy hair!
Yes you did insist! I was thinking of a braid to begin with, something easier to work with in 3D. If it wasn't for all the damned problems with unbound hair, that's what I would really rather have, but back when I was trying to do the first Sabina scenes, hair like that took more time to pose than everything else in the scene. You've got to remember, in 3D a hairpiece is as solid as everything else. It's not bendable, it goes right through the person, other objects (like the cross) with no resistance whatever. It's a real nightmare to get it to match the image you had in your head.

That big bun was a good compromise no doubt. It is only a few years until decent hair simulation with realistic looking results flows into the consumer market, and I can have some realistic ultra-long hair in my renders natively. Until then, I think you did a brilliant job with Sabina's bun and ponytail hairstyles. I am reminded of Bartnel's fantastic curly hair simulation animations, really blew me away that someone could do that on a regular computer. Even in big budget stuff a few years ago, braids and buns were way more common to avoid the headache of hair. (Compare else and Anna's hair in the first Frozen to the Sequel, and you will see what I mean.) Moana famously took a huge amount of effort and a whole team of computers working around the clock to get her long curly hair bouncing just right. In fact, I think it was not out of a particular interest in the culture of the pacific islanders that the Moana film was made, but a desire to push the hair, sand, and water simulations in animation forward. Now hopefully, we can have Moana shake those curls on a cross in a few years!

The one that really blew my mind was Avatar! The 3D modeling, animation and rendering they had to do for that was incredible. I looked at things like all those plants, which were not real, blowing in the prop wash of their helicopter-like machines as they landed, hundreds of leaves blowing in random directions, so realistic you wouldn't even notice they weren't real if you weren't a geek like me. They rendered it at a server farm in New Zealand:

The Weta Digital server farm or ‘rendering wall’, as they call it, has a disk array capable of storing roughly 2 petabytes (2000 terabytes) of data in total. The individual servers are linked by a 10 gigabits per second networking infrastructure, and in total there are 35,000 cores based in over 4000 Hewlett Packard Blade servers. In the case of Avatar, each minute of rendering equates to approximately 17.28GB of data.

It was water cooled. Here's a picture of the pipes for cooling water for all those servers:

1632764435273.png

Back
Top Bottom