• B) Lyra

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • C) Vaeri

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • D) Allisa

Votes: 31 41.3%
  • E) Marie

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • F) One of the guards (feel free to comment which)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
Go to CruxDreams.com
Restrained in a half-crouch posture, barely maintaining her footing, Marie was puzzled as to what the "pet" Ulrich mentioned actually was. Her heart still skipping, Marie's eyes followed the two guards heading into the keep's largest stone building. Ulrich, on the other hand, seemed almost bored, occasionally glancing at Marie's nude body. Approximately five minutes later, the door of the keep again opened and two figures stepped into the light. Marie's mouth gaped in shock upon seeing the first one and she immediately realized what the meaning behind the word "pet" was. It wasn't a weapon, a torture tool or even a vicious beast she could be fed to; it was a young girl.

The girl's silver hair, pale grey skin and long, pointed ears made it beyond clear the girl was a moon elf. Marie's shocked expression turned into one of bewilderment. She had heard of the moon elves, the rarest and least numerous of all the elven races, supposedly numbering a little over two thousand in total. They were an exalted race, treated by the other elves with a near-religious reverence. Unlike their other kin, who were merely long-lived, moon elves were in fact, immortal. Marie could not fathom how Ulrich was able to capture one.

Her arms held tightly by a guard, the girl walked slowly, her head bowed as if she were suffering from a skull-splitting headache. Halfway down the staircase, the guard pushed the girl, causing her to fall down the stairs and onto the hard stone floor of the keep's courtyard like a broken doll.

"Who said you could get up, you little shit?!", shouted the guard, brutally stomping on the girl's back when she weakly attempted to rise up. A low groan escaped her mouth as she fell, face first, back down on the ground.

"Come on, bring the pet here. In one piece.", commanded Ulrich, unmoved by the abuse.

The guard obliged and as he dragged the frail moon elf closer, the horrid condition she was in became painfully apparent. Not only was her body caked in several layers of dirt but every inch of her torso and back was covered in scars and gashes of various sizes. Judging from several fresh streaks of blood across her back, not much time had passed since she was last abused. The girl's short, petite frame was slim and malnourished, her ribs clearly visible. Her crimson eyes, typical of her race, were half-open, staring into nothingness, devoid of all life. Never in her life had Marie seen such a defeated creature. Despite her own predicament, she could only feel for the broken girl now lying on her back before her.

"What would you say of my pet, Marie? Pathetic creature, isn't it?", said Ulrich, pointing at the girl, whose chest rose slightly with each weak, uneven breath.

"You see, I've had this pet for the last 25 years. Saved it from an elf village we torched during the war. It was quite young back then, barely as tall as my waist and useless in the kitchen..."

Marie did her best not to let her feeling of disgust towards the man show as he talked about how he began to sexually abuse the poor girl once she grew up. According to Ulrich, he would rape the girl multiple times a week, sometimes letting his soldiers have a go after he was done. If, for whatever reason, he considered the sex unsatisfactory, her wouldn't feed the girl for days. All this, however, paled in comparison to what had been going on for the last five years. Ironically for a rapist, middle age had rendered Ulrich impotent, which meant he had to find a new way to satisfy his sadistic craving - torture. He would frequently have his elven slave whipped and beaten, not stopping until she was on the verge of fainting. To keep her alive longer, she would endure torture up to twice a week. Incapable of doing it himself, he would occasionally allow the guards to use her body.

"There you have it, Marie. Alas, I only have one post and my men have already worked hard today, so as much as I'd love to see you both, we can manage only one. I leave that choice to you.", said Ulrich, delighting in sadistic pleasure.

Marie couldn't bear to look him or the young girl in the eye, yet she did notice the elf weakly forming the words with her mouth and gently, yet quickly nodding.

"If I s-should... choose to... What becomes of the girl?”, asked Marie frightfully. In her mind's eye, vivid pictures of long iron spikes piercing through her skin began to form, shaking but not breaking her resolve.

"I suppose I'll give the pet a chance or two to prove its worth to me. I’ll even summon a healer. Should it satisfy me, I’ll let it go. Will even give it a few silvers for the road. Truth be told I've grown quite bored of it but a couple of days of certain variety could very well change all that.

Marie froze. She did not want to die, let alone die in agony, nailed to the wood before a demon and his cronies. But the alternative would be far worse. The thought of a young girl who looked no older than twenty suffering a fate like that, after all she’d already endured, pained Marie. She recalled the time she comforted her lover when he told her of a young elven girl he held down as she was crucified. She did not know what the girl looked like but while she was unable to ease her agony, she now had the chance to prevent another innocent from suffering the same. With a heavy heart, Marie made peace with her fate. She would experience the worst moments in her life but it’d all end after a day or two. The poor, scarred moon elf, on the other hand, would get the opportunity to rebuild her life, and possibly move on.

"Then it’s decided. I s-shall..."

"NOOOO!!!", cried the moon elf girl. It was the first word she had spoken since being brought before Marie. Her voice was weak and hoarse, as if she had long forgotten to speak. Despite being held by the hair, the girl managed to lift her head just enough to look Marie in the eye.

61.jpg62.jpg63.jpg64.jpg65.jpg66.jpg67.jpg68.jpg69.jpg70.jpg

The story's first crucifixion finally begins

Forced to meet her gaze, Marie understood what the elf meant when she cried out.

Her tired eyes weren't pleading for mercy or salvation - they were pleading for death, regardless of the agony she'd experience beforehand. Even without saying anything, the elf's intent was clear as day.

"Well then, Marie, who'll it be?"

"...her...", said Marie, her voice barely more audible than a whisper

"I can't hear you, Marie. SAY IT! GIVE THE ORDER TO THE LADS", shouted Ulrich expectantly.

"C-crucify her!!!", cried Marie desperately, averting her gaze from the brutalized girl. Hearing Marie's words Ulrich let out a hearty chuckle and clapped.

"Hahaha, you really are a cold bitch, Marie! A woman after my own heart!", exclaimed Ulrich, clearly enjoying himself before turning his head towards the soldier.

"Nail the pet to the cross.", said he as calmly as if he were ordering that his horse be saddled. The girl's fate was finally sealed.

Dragged by her arms towards the makeshift cross, Zinna reflected on the past 25 years of her existence - a quarter-century of captivity and torture at the hand of Ulrich and his retinue. Prior to that Zinna had lived with her parents in a small city in the western region of the Kingdom of Norhan. Being moon elves, the family enjoyed great respect, helped by the fact Zinna's mother was able to read ancient elven runes containing valuable knowledge. Their relatively uneventful lived were cruelly upended then a Varnulian army company raided the town during the war. Though the elves resisted ferociously, they were ultimately overpowered.

Zinna still vividly remembered the moment when bloodied human soldiers dragged her out from under the bed where she'd been hiding, paying no heed to her screams. The sight of her parents lying in pools of their own blood burned itself into the young girl's memory. While her father had been granted a quick death, the soldiers had taken their time with her mother. Her ripped clothes and bloody loins were proof of the horror she suffered. Annoyed with her cries, someone must have knocked Zinna unconscious because she woke up chained in a cage inside the dining hall of an unfamiliar keep. Her captor, the young baron named Ulrich informed her of her enslavement and explained in great detail what would happen to her if she were to try and escape. He particularly emphasized the word "crucifixion". Zinna did not know at the time what the punishment entailed, only for it to be rectified by Ulrich who explained it in gory detail. For the next 25 years, Zinna suffered abuse after abuse ranging from physical torture to sexual assault, each instance gradually weakening her spirit. The feeble creature the two guards were now preparing to execute was a mere shadow of the girl called Zinna.

Reaching the post to which a long, thin wooden plank was nailed, the two guards grabbed Zinna tightly by the arms and forearms, forcefully pinning them to the plank. Since Zinna was very short, the other guard had placed a wooden box at the foot of the cross. That same man now stood to Zinna's right, holding a mallet in one hand and the thick carpenter's nail in the other. The guard captain did the same on the other side, already lightly pressing the point of the nail against Zinna's forearm, just below her wrist.

Without saying a word, the soldier struck the nail with his mallet, driving the spike into the tender flesh of Zinna's forearm.
The bite of the first nail stunned Zinna, her eyes widening in shock the sensation intensifying when the second nail assaulted her left forearm. Zinna's panicked scream borne from shock gave way to an onerous, protracted wail as the blinding pain set in. Being an elf, Zinna and thus, cursed by her acute senses, the agony Zinna suffered was much worse that what could have befallen a human. Indifferent to the broken girl's screams, the guards continued hammering at the nails, driving them deeper into Zinna's forearms.

71.jpg72.jpg73.jpg74.jpg75.jpg76.jpg77.jpg78.jpg79.jpg80.jpg

Well, you all aren't gonna be suprized by me saying this, I'm sure, but FUCK ME do I want to see the Ulrich character get his by the end of the story!
Yeah, yeah I know, remember what forum your on you Dany do-gooder moral busy body. lol
I blame you Magister making me care about the characters you create. lol

Many hours of torment await the young elf

The absence of bone caused the nails to pierce through flesh quickly despite the guard's efforts to prolong the process.

"I've hit the wood. You can let go of her arms now.", commanded the captain to the two soldiers holding Zinna's arms in place before resuming the nailing.

"Enjoying the show, Marie? Doubt you'll ever get to see the crucifixion of an endangered pet again.", jeered Ulrich, still holding her by the hair. Robbed of a choice, Marie watched aghast, wincing every time the mallet hit the nail. Ultimately, the captain was outdone by his subordinate.

"Hell, I was too fast...", grunted the captain while the soldier was finishing up nailing Zinna's right forearm. The two had an unspoken agreement where a slower one would be the one to nail the elf's feet.

Zinna's tear-filled eyes were wild, glancing intermittently at her ravaged forearms. Gritting her teeth furiously, she attempted to suppress the urge to scream as the numbness gradually gave way to white-hot pain. It took only a few seconds for it to overpower Zinna's will and for soft yelps to turn into a long, protracted wail. Count Ulrich, completely focused on the gruesome spectacle, had not noticed he'd begun to salivate.

"Not much point in a crucifixion if the pet's not hanging. Get rid of that crate."

"On it, sir.", replied the captain with gusto.

"Pl... ease..." A single, barely audible word came from the suffering girl's gritted teeth.

"It only gets worse from here on out, elf." Having said that, the captain kicked the (empty) crate out from under Zinna's feet. Suddenly deprived of any support, Zinna's meager weight pulled her downwards, the sudden jerk causing the two nails to further tear at her destroyed flesh. Suspended a few inches from the ground, Zinna screamed in agony, her legs flailing around in search of a surface.

81.jpg82.jpg83.jpg84.jpg85.jpg86.jpg87.jpg88.jpg89.jpg90.jpg

"The beauty of crucifixion...", mused the guard captain with a smile on his face. "Don't you worry, elf. Once we've nailed your feet, you'll have all the support you'll need!". Moments later the other man returned, carrying in his arms a short cylindrical log and several iron nails significantly longer than the ones off of which Zinna hung. She understood what would come next, the mere thought of another nailing filling her heart with dread. With a few blows of the mallet, the makeshift footrest was nailed to the post.

"Put your feet up there.", commanded the captain

"Ahh, ahh, no...", squealed Zinna. Fully outstretched, she toiled for every breath. At this rate it wouldn't be long until she asphyxiated. The guard captain leaned over her, his expression grim.

"Consider this, you little, gray-skinned shit. Should you not put your feet up there, there will be hell to pay. We'll start by tearing off your fingernails, one by one. Or I could take a torch and burn your black nipples to a crisp. For a start."

With great effort, Zinna did just as she was told. She knew the man threatening her wasn't bluffing or lying. He was fully prepared to inflict living hell on the young her he had been beating and raping over the past years. Not missing a beat, his underling grabbed Zinna's small feet, placing them on top of each other. Zinna closed her eyes tightly when she felt the point of the nail pressed against her tender skin. Content with the angle, the guard began to hammer the nail. Zinna howled like she never had before as the nail tore through her flesh and shattered the bone in its way. The ordeal lasted less than a minute but for Zinna it felt three times as long. Looking down, she saw that a third of the nail still had to go in. The waves of pain radiating from her abused limbs once more caused her to scream out loud. She couldn't understand why she remained fully conscious - she would occasionally fall unconscious during one of many whippings, which, while painful, were a pleasant memory compared to the crucifixion she now endured.

91.jpg92.jpg93.jpg94.jpg95.jpg96.jpg97.jpg98.jpg99.jpg100.jpg

It took five more strikes for the shaft of the nail to fully burrow into Zinna's feet. Fully crucified at last, she trembled, exhaling rapidly as the new reality gradually set in. Her tired eyes exuded plainly visible panic. It was clear she was trying to keep as still as possible for each movement, no matter how small, would invite another jolt of unbearable pain.

Fully focused on Zinna, Ulrich had absentmindedly let go of Marie, the crestfallen young woman now laying on the ground, quietly sobbing. Pained gasps reaching her ears fueled an unending stream of tears sliding down her cheeks. As far as Marie was concerned, there was but one truth. That young, starved girl, now writhing on the cross - she was there because of her. Her right foot nailed onto her left, and the wood, and her arms fully outstretched, Zinna hung on her cross. The pressure slowly mounted on her diaphragm and lungs like if someone kept piling on more and more weight. Alas, Zinna's brain would not allow her to pass away that easily. Driven solely by her misguided survival instinct, Zinna gritted her teeth, pulling her emaciated body upwards, all the while swiveling on the three nails in her flesh.
Managing three deep breaths, Zinna slumped back down, moaning as the pain once again intensified.

Looking away from her for a moment, Ulrich turned towards his men.

"Bring that cage here and put Marie inside. Make sure to tie her up so she, too, can watch. Oh, and bring me a chair. I'll want to savor this meal for as long as I can."

The guards heeded the command, dragging the heavy iron cage closer to the cross. One of them grabbed Marie's arms, forcefully pulling her into the cage. As per their lord's wishes, they tied her arms to the bars above her head, forcing Marie into a kneeling posture. Bowing her head as to avoid looking at the crucified girl, Marie didn't immediately notice Ulrich leaning over her.

"Not where you thought you'd end up, is it? Well, I have some bad news for you. You'll be staying here until the pet breathes it's last."

101.jpg102.jpg103.jpg104.jpg105.jpg106.jpg107.jpg108.jpg109.jpg110.jpg

What fantastic work! Each image shows with incredible intensity the suffering of the unfortunate woman... They don't look like images, but photographs, the impression given seems so real... magnificent!

What exactly did he do to the elf?

"Should you try to speak to it, my men will take something from it. Bit by bit. And do remember, Marie, you could have prevented this. I'd have been more than happy to see you struggling, with nails in your wrists and feet."

Having said that, Ulrich sat himself in the chair prepared for him, once again focusing his attention on Zinna like if he were watching a theater troupe. Weak and exhausted, Zinna slumped, her head bent downwards. She'd attempt to pass quietly, preferably without looking at the unfortunate woman in the cage. Why is she so hysterical? This is a good thing. Better a day of this than another week of being a plaything. And I'll get to see my family sooner. Thinking of her murdered family, Zinna couldn't prevent the fresh flow of tears, borne out of grief rather than the pain.

"Aw, is the baby crying again?!", jeered one of the guards, raising Zinna's head to better see her twisted face. Without as much as a warning he unsheathed his dagger and began to poke at the raw flesh of the elf's forearm.

"That should give you a reason to cry, pet!"

He did the same to Zinna' other arm, while Marie, held by the hair by the guard captain gazed on helplessly. She could hardly believe what she was witnessing.

"Captain, do keep the pet alive for as long as possible. When it dies, make sure you give my warmest regards to Marie."

"Do you not wish to partake yourself, my lord?"

"Don't be stupid. I might as well cut it off. Once you're done with her, sell her. Don't rough her up, though. I want to make some coin off of her."

Captain quickly nodded. He knew well that disobeying the sadistic count usually resulted in a severe punishment for the offender. Glancing at Marie, he briefly licked his lips. Though nearing her thirties, she was a lovely, voluptuous woman. The temptation temporarily overcame the man's sadism - the sooner the crucified little girl died, the sooner he'd get to try out the woman he held by the hair. Meanwhile, his underling continued to torture the broken elf, punching her exposed rib cage and stomach, each blow eliciting a pained gasp and groan.

"Yes! Yes! That's it, entertain me, pet!", shouted Ulrich, leaning in his chair, which was a signal for the guard to up the ante. Briefly pondering what to do, he turned his gaze towards the two nails left over from the crucifixion which he proceeded to pick up from the ground.

"Two more nails left, knife-ear. Let's have ourselves a bit more fun..."

The screams of two women that ensued, one borne out of agony and the other of anguish escaped the fort, carried by the wind as far as the nearby small castle town, yet again affirming the moniker the people of the village attached to their lord's holding, The Wailing Keep.

111.jpg112.jpg113.jpg114.jpg115.jpg116.jpg117.jpg118.jpg119.jpg120.jpg

The main act finally begins. Will any of the six girls survive till the very end?

The sobs emanating from the other side of the room intentified enough to wake Anna, despite Marie's attempt to drown them out by burying her her in her straw pillow. Before Anna could get up and get a closer look, another beat her to it. It was Giselle, who now held onto the inconsolable Marie.

"Shh, shh, it's all right. You're safe now.", whispered Giselle into Marie's ear as the latter's tears soaked her shoulder.

"Myla, bring me some water, quickly!"

The younger sister immediately complied, dashing hastily to the barrel filled with drinking water in the corner of the room. Filling a clay cup, Myla brought it to Giselle.

Even in the dim light of the room, Anna's keen eyes noticed Myla uncorking a tiny vial and pouring a few drops from it into the cup. With some difficulty, she brought the cup to Marie's lips, encouraging her to drink all the water. Two minutes later, Marie was fast asleep, the two sisters watching over her.

"Her heart beats weakly. How much did you put in?", asked Giselle after feeling Marie's pulse.

"Three drops, as per usual, sis. Still have plenty of the stuff left.", whispered Myla back, inspecting the vial.

Anna could no longer suppress her curiosity, but before she could approach the sisters, Bea, and Emmeline sat in front of her.

"Whats going on? What did she give to Marie?"

"Nightbloom extract. It's a potent poison but in small quantity and mixed with water, it can be used to put someone to sleep.", explained Emmeline, further mentioning it was Markus who'd procured the substance due to the disruptive nature of Marie's occasional nightly terrors.

"I don't think I've ever heard someone cry like that. What exactly happen to her?"

"We all have our demons. Some worse than others. She will tell you too, when she' s ready.", said Beatrice after briefly glancing at Marie.

Anna decided not to pry further. She wasn't certain if she truly wanted to know what had befallen Marie. While she'd only known the woman for a few hours, Anna resolved to give her all the support she'll need.

Though the "bed" was far from comfortable, the dawn arrived quickly, far too quickly for Anna's liking. Around five in the morning, the girls were awoken when Ioan, the guard who had let Anna and Marie inside the evening before, unlocked and opened the slave dormitory door. Following a roll call, the guard escorted the six girls outside of town where a caged wagon was waiting for them. Markus was there, too, engaged in a conversation with the wagon driver. Once all the girls had entered the cage (which, thankfully had two small benches inside for them to sit on), the small caravan consisting of two horses and a wagon set off on a journey to the Duchy of Vuldrung.

121.jpg122.jpg123.jpg124.jpg125.jpg126.jpg127.jpg128.jpg129.jpg130.jpg

Back
Top Bottom