Manipulations by Hammers

Go to CruxDreams.com
710781-161a9246872ed7ea4ce071759722b39c.jpg
Hi Hammers, this is a clever re-working of a crucifixion scene by Pavel Ryzhenko.

The foreground action is focused on preparations for a crucifixion. Since you have deleted the original martyr from the centre of the picture (sometimes identified as St. George, although I think he suffered a rather worse fate than crucifixion) the preparations now seem to be for the female, dressed in white, instead.

The other major character you have deleted is a male crucifix being raised with ropes, beside the bladed wheel on the right. This crucifix has been replaced with one of your inserted crux figures, although I might have been tempted to preserve the original cross and replace the figure only. Perhaps you did not have a suitable figure?

The scaling of the four inserted crux figures is good, and the lighting inconsistencies are not so obvious in this scene.
The left hand crucifix appears to be levitating, but otherwise you have made a good job of this manip. :)

Hi Hammers, this is a clever re-working of a crucifixion scene by Pavel Ryzhenko.

The foreground action is focused on preparations for a crucifixion. Since you have deleted the original martyr from the centre of the picture (sometimes identified as St. George, although I think he suffered a rather worse fate than crucifixion) the preparations now seem to be for the female, dressed in white, instead.

The other major character you have deleted is a male crucifix being raised with ropes, beside the bladed wheel on the right. This crucifix has been replaced with one of your inserted crux figures, although I might have been tempted to preserve the original cross and replace the figure only. Perhaps you did not have a suitable figure?

The scaling of the four inserted crux figures is good, and the lighting inconsistencies are not so obvious in this scene.
The left hand crucifix appears to be levitating, but otherwise you have made a good job of this manip. :)

The standing woman in White robe shall be crucified on the Emperor's order who seems to tell to his chied of guards ''nail her to the cross now!!".
The executioner turns his head to look at his next victim obviously with interest owing to the pleasures he will take from his immminent task.is imminent task. Details of original painting (not attached this time) are those specified by you. Thanks for review.

So many interesting details in this scene. Hard to take it all in. I wonder what they’re playing on all those horns at far left?
The original painting too makes it appear that a sort of feast was put on to show the martyrs' suffering with a crowd of spectators some of which
are seated while others are standing at the far side. It is then presumably correct to think that horns' players were both an accompaniment
of the feast and ,every now and then, their sound was to notice the spectators every time a new event in the show was beginning.

Details of original painting (not attached this time) are those specified by you. Thanks for review.
The original painting too makes it appear that a sort of feast was put on to show the martyrs' suffering with a crowd of spectators some of which
are seated while others are standing at the far side. It is then presumably correct to think that horns' players were both an accompaniment
of the feast and ,every now and then, their sound was to notice the spectators every time a new event in the show was beginning.
Thanks, Hammers! :D
pavel-ryzhenko-he-chose-faith-the-martyrdom-of-st-george-the-all-victorious-20021 col.jpg

Hi Hammers, this scene has very bright sunlight, casting sharp shadows.
If the inserted figures are in sunlight, they need to display the same contrast of light and shade as the existing characters.
The distant figure is in shadow, so the even lighting works fine on that one.

The foreground figure also has fairly even lighting, and appears flat (two-dimensional) in the sunlight.
This figure needs to be modelled with light and shadow, and requires to cast her own shadow, starting at her feet.
This helps to make the figure look solid (three-dimensional.)

I have tried to demonstrate what I mean here. ;)

Hammers Preliminaries to the ordeal of the cross  June 6, 2019-2.jpg

Hi Hammers, this scene has very bright sunlight, casting sharp shadows.
If the inserted figures are in sunlight, they need to display the same contrast of light and shade as the existing characters.
The distant figure is in shadow, so the even lighting works fine on that one.

The foreground figure also has fairly even lighting, and appears flat (two-dimensional) in the sunlight.
This figure needs to be modelled with light and shadow, and requires to cast her own shadow, starting at her feet.
This helps to make the figure look solid (three-dimensional.)

I have tried to demonstrate what I mean here. ;)

Hello Bobinder
Thanks for demonstration

Back
Top Bottom