Medieval Executions

Go to CruxDreams.com
Tree thinks there should be a 'sticky' background section where people can contribute backgrounds (duh) any thoughts? and nice pic Melissa. Dorothy would feel like she could relate to this...
View attachment 106315

t

Sticky background/reenactors/models etc is an excellent idea. Eg medieval, Roman, dungeon, etc. How else could they bump off people in Medieval times?

Well, there was the Norse blood eagle, if indeed it was actually practised outside of sagas and tales. Very nasty.
The ribs are cut from the spine and opened to make bloody wings.

Impaling, always popular

Crushing, as with rocks, useful if for cultural reasons you didn't want to shed blood

Strangling

Exposure (numerous varieties of)

Quartering (several methods, ie by animals)

The wheel

Burning

Gibbet (see exposure)

Dismemberment (see quartering)

(what a cheerful post!)

etc - for starters

Tree thinks there should be a 'sticky' background section where people can contribute backgrounds (duh) any thoughts? and nice pic Melissa. Dorothy would feel like she could relate to this...
View attachment 106315

t
seriously Tree, I think a sticky thread where members could post and share backgrounds and other "stock" for our creative artists would be a very welcome resource. If you (or anyone else) would like to start one and tip Melissa or me off that you've done it, we can easily make it "sticky", so it stays at the top of the menu, and we'd try to keep it reserved for its intended use.

I would be so into that idea. I think I have a backgrounds folder on this computer.

I have a slight technical question.

The medival manip above uses a "modern" hangman's knot, one designed to break the neck and provide a fairly instantanious death through a fall and a sudden stop (remember when jumping off a building, its not the fall that kills you, it is the sudden stop).

I was under the impression that most medieval/ancient hangings were strangulation hangings where the victim died slowly and you didn't need a complicated heavy knot.

Just wondering. Role played being hung once. My execution said I did a very nice job.

kisses

willowfall

The medival manip above uses a "modern" hangman's knot, one designed to break the neck and provide a fairly instantanious death through a fall and a sudden stop (remember when jumping off a building, its not the fall that kills you, it is the sudden stop).

I was under the impression that most medieval/ancient hangings were strangulation hangings where the victim died slowly and you didn't need a complicated heavy knot.

Just wondering. Role played being hung once. My execution said I did a very nice job.

kisses

willowfall

I'm certain you are correct willowfall but mention noose to Google and only one image will pop up. The cowboy and indians noose.

kisses

willowfall
My execution said I did a very nice job
but here are you and your girlfriend only victim.......................or?

Attachments

• Ignitrix and Willowfall Executed.jpg
    Ignitrix and Willowfall Executed.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 1,020
Last edited:
We recently downloaded a few nice fonts. Henny Penny and Ink In The Meat were two that caught my eye. In this pic LittleSiss has gone to the meat market after her husband mentioned that after a few pints he always fancied a bit of breast. There she met Messaline at Dorothy Brown's meat stall. That's where the font comes in!

Attachments

• Ink In The Meat1.jpg
    Ink In The Meat1.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 984
My execution said I did a very nice job
but here are you and your girlfriend only victim.......................or?

OMG, that must be a thousand year old manip from the old Yahoo BATS group. It seems perhaps there are more manips of me floating around that I thought.

I don't know whose body that is but I DON'T have a piercing there!

kisses

willowfall

OMG, that must be a thousand year old manip from the old Yahoo BATS group. It seems perhaps there are more manips of me floating around that I thought.

I don't know whose body that is but I DON'T have a piercing there!

kisses

willowfall
Maybe it is a tag?

Back
Top Bottom