Minnesota Moore and the Emperors' Treasure

Go to CruxDreams.com
Chapter 44 May 12, 2019 How Did They Find the Treasure?

It was the day after the press conference and Barb was still basking in the glow of the universal accolades they’d received. But, one thing nagged at her. In the almost three weeks since she and Messaline had been rescued, Barbara had spoken daily on the phone with Geoffrey. However, she had yet to raise the question. Finally, this evening, she got comfortable in her hotel room, had a second glass of Riesling and called her friend, her partner, her lover.
After the usual small talk and lovebird stuff (yes, in private, Barbara could be quite mushy), she took a deep breath and said,

B - I have a question for you.
G - Ask away, Dear.
B – How did you know where to send the rescuers? I never told you where the treasure was.

[Long pause]

G – I guess I sort of figured it out on my own.
B – My God! How could you? You weren’t here! You didn’t have all the stuff I had! You were never even in the triclinium!
G – I got lucky, I guess. I just knew where to look for the key.
B – But how did you know how to look for the key? What was the clue? When did you know?
G – Oh. I’d known that for a while. Since you first read Brother Nickolas’s manuscript to me.
B – WHAT! How could you possibly have known then?
G – Well, maybe not known, but suspected. I thought it was pretty obvious.
B – Obvious! Shit! That’s not possible. Tell me how you suspected.
G – There were two clues right from the beginning, coincidences, really. But they both pointed in the same direction.
B – I don’t believe this! What were they?
G – You remember the stories and rumors about Diocletian’s background, how his father eventually worked as a goatherd in the hills above Split. And Victorinus was the son of a goatherd. The fact that the hider of the treasure and the man who first puzzled out the location (I knew it wasn’t Frederick, he was a German Noble and Warrior, not a Thinker) were both sons of goatherds was a mighty big coincidence.
B – Yesss! That never occurred to me before. But what was the second clue?
G – As I recall from what I’ve read, Roman triclinia generally had three mural walls, corresponding to the three couches. Your photos from Ravenna just served to confirm that. And those walls, as in Ravenna, had a fishing scene, a hunting scene, and a farming scene. But the manuscript described FOUR walls, with the extra one dedicated to pastoral scenes, tying into the goatherd coincidence!
B – Oh my God! Yes. that’s right. It was not just a coincidence!
G – So I knew then that the key was on that mural on the fourth wall.
B – I only reasoned it out as I looked at all four murals over and over and suddenly noticed that, though they showed totally different scenes, all four had wagons heading up over a hill on what seemed the same path. I realized Diocletian was saying that path was where the wagons took the treasure. But three had no more information – just hills. However, on the pastoral scene, the one you focused in on, there was a stone fort just like the pre-Roman ruins at Cačvina. The path went between the fort and a rock outcropping with a tiny mouth of a cave showing. If you look really close, it seems the driver is pointing with his arm at the cave. But if you didn’t know what to look for, you would never see it.
G – And later you learned brother Nickolas was the son of a goatherd, another tie in. That’s why he knew to look there. At that point, I knew the fourth wall would hold the key. So as soon as Messaline e-mailed me the photos, I looked at the pastoral scene and knew where the treasure was.
B – Why didn’t you tell me?

{short pause]

G – And spoil your fun at figuring it out yourself? I knew you would find the key any moment. It would have been rude of me to try to upstage you.
B – That was thoughtful, I guess.
G – But when they told me you and Messa were missing, I knew it must be treasure related and you were in great danger. You are brave, Barb, but I knew they would use Messa to crack you and I was right. I had to take the liberty of telling Dr. Andrija where to find you, even if it meant revealing the treasure site.
B – I’m glad you did. I don’t know what they would have done with us after they had the treasure.
G - I’ve known Andrija for 22 years since he spent a year at Balliol. I knew he was absolutely trustworthy. I did tell a white lie that you had told me the location.
B – Thank you for that. You are a gentleman.
G – You don’t know how much those words mean to me, Barb, dear!
B – I think I do.

What? Me? :confused:

So this all comes down to goats. Goats!!!! Geeze! :doh:
Did I get your goat, Barb? P. Pulp

I gave a lot of clues, how Diocletion tended his cabbages and goats, even Windar sitting watching the treasure being removed, saw a herd of grazing goats. The fondness of an old Emperor for his poor, though happy, childhood helping his father tend the Senator's goats. What stronger nostalgia is there?

Last edited:
Chapter 45 June 29, 2019
More Secrets Revealed

Barb lay in bed spooning with Geoffrey. The sweet afterglow of good sex warmed and comforted her. She was thinking how much she loved him. What a rock he’d been during the Treasure project, how he had saved her life, long-distance! All the memories and experiences of the last couple of months came together in her mind. She made her decision. Secrets are not a good thing between two persons who loved each other so much.

“Geoffrey, three’s something I have to tell you.”
“You’ve found a 25-year-old boy-toy with double sixpacks and you’re shipping me off to Oaken Holt Care Home in Farmoor?”
Untitled.png
“Geoffrey, you can be very annoying,” Barb hit him, not gently, on the hip.
“Oww! Yes Dear, I’m sorry. I will listen seriously.”
“Thank you. I have been thinking of telling you a secret, but I’m afraid if I do, you will be disgusted by me.”
“Barbara,” said Geoffrey, raising up on one arm and looking right into her deep brown eyes. “I swear, you could never disgust me. I have come to know your character very well. You are the finest person I’ve ever known.”
Barbara felt a lump in her throat and turned her head to give Geoffrey a tender kiss on the lips. “Thank you. Sometimes, you know just the right thing to say.”
“You are welcome. Please tell me your secret.”

Barbara took a deep breath and pulled the sheet over her body. Somehow, not having him see her naked at this moment made the naked truth she was about to reveal seem less embarrassing.
Then she told him.
The whole story of her first interest in damsels in distress, her childhood fantasies, the adolescent maturing into sexual themes of danger and pain, and the full adult blossoming into masochistic desires. She told him how she even imagined these things as they made love. Through it all, he watched her with a very serious expression.
Finally, Barb finished. There was a long silence. Barb loved him so much. Her heart was pounding so loud she was sure he could hear it. How would he take it?

“That is the secret that you fear will disgust me?”
“Yes, Geoffrey. It is the total truth.”
“Let me relieve your fears. I have no problem with that for three reasons.”
Barb took a breath for what seemed the first time in forever.
“First, I love you with all my heart. Really, I do. I could quote a lot of lines about love, but it all comes down to 'love conquers all.' So, there is nothing you could tell me that would change my love. Even if you told me you were leaving me, I would be heart-broken, but I would still love you!”
Barb kissed him again.
“Second, I have no trouble with having a masochist for a girlfriend. In fact, I have always had my own sadistic fantasies since my childhood. You know I’ve always been very happy to spank your beautiful and tight little ass. If you want to do more intense things along that line, I am ready and able.” He grasped Barb’s hand and brought it to his erection. “Quod erat demonstrandum.”
“Oh my God, Geoffrey, at your age!... I mean you never get it up right away… I mean… how wonderful.” And she began to stroke his penis. Then she remembered. “What was your third reason.”
“I’ve known for a long time.”
“WHAT! How could you? When?”
“Two years ago.”
“But how could you know?”
“Well, I must confess that, given my own interest, I made a study about 42 years ago of all the literature I could find that analyzed S&M behavior and personalities. When we met, I suspected you might have the mirror predilection that which I possessed. Once we had made love a few times, including the ‘playful’ spanking, I was convinced based on that research. But I felt I should let you bring it up first.”
“Academic research?”
"Mirror prediliections?"
"Yes - I'm not a dominant, but I'm excited thinking of a girl's pain, and you are definitely not a submissive, but just as excited by the pain."
“Yes.”
“42 years ago?”
“Yes.”
“You remembered it and diagnosed me?”
“More or less.”
“I’m not sure whether I love you or hate you!”
“Well. While you’re making up your mind, why don’t I get my cricket bat and give your ass a very hard spanking and see if I really can go a second time.”
“That sounds very nice and very hot!”
“And when we finish, we are going out to buy some new toys together before you have a chance to ship me off to Oaken Holt!”

finis

Chapter 45 June 29, 2019
More Secrets Revealed

Barb lay in bed spooning with Geoffrey. The sweet afterglow of good sex warmed and comforted her. She was thinking how much she loved him. What a rock he’d been during the Treasure project, how he had saved her life, long-distance! All the memories and experiences of the last couple of months came together in her mind. She made her decision. Secrets are not a good thing between two persons who loved each other so much.

“Geoffrey, three’s something I have to tell you.”
“You’ve found a 25-year-old boy-toy with double sixpacks and you’re shipping me off to Oaken Holt Care Home in Farmoor?”
View attachment 721008
“Geoffrey, you can be very annoying,” Barb hit him, not gently, on the hip.
“Oww! Yes Dear, I’m sorry. I will listen seriously.”
“Thank you. I have been thinking of telling you a secret, but I’m afraid if I do, you will be disgusted by me.”
“Barbara,” said Geoffrey, raising up on one arm and looking right into her deep brown eyes. “I swear, you could never disgust me. I have come to know your character very well. You are the finest person I’ve ever known.”
Barbara felt a lump in her throat and turned her head to give Geoffrey a tender kiss on the lips. “Thank you. Sometimes, you know just the right thing to say.”
“You are welcome. Please tell me your secret.”

Barbara took a deep breath and pulled the sheet over her body. Somehow, not having him see her naked at this moment made the naked truth she was about to reveal seem less embarrassing.
Then she told him.
The whole story of her first interest in damsels in distress, her childhood fantasies, the adolescent maturing into sexual themes of danger and pain, and the full adult blossoming into masochistic desires. She told him how she even imagined these things as they made love. Through it all, he watched her with a very serious expression.
Finally, Barb finished. There was a long silence. Barb loved him so much. Her heart was pounding so loud she was sure he could hear it. How would he take it?

“That is the secret that you fear will disgust me?”
“Yes, Geoffrey. It is the total truth.”
“Let me relieve your fears. I have no problem with that for three reasons.”
Barb took a breath for what seemed the first time in forever.
“First, I love you with all my heart. Really, I do. I could quote a lot of lines about love, but it all comes down to 'love conquers all.' So, there is nothing you could tell me that would change my love. Even if you told me you were leaving me, I would be heart-broken, but I would still love you!”
Barb kissed him again.
“Second, I have no trouble with having a masochist for a girlfriend. In fact, I have always had my own sadistic fantasies since my childhood. You know I’ve always been very happy to spank your beautiful and tight little ass. If you want to do more intense things along that line, I am ready and able.” He grasped Barb’s hand and brought it to his erection. “Quod erat demonstrandum.”
“Oh my God, Geoffrey, at your age!... I mean you never get it up right away… I mean… how wonderful.” And she began to stroke his penis. Then she remembered. “What was your third reason.”
“I’ve known for a long time.”
“WHAT! How could you? When?”
“Two years ago.”
“But how could you know?”
“Well, I must confess that, given my own interest, I made a study about 42 years ago of all the literature I could find that analyzed S&M behavior and personalities. When we met, I suspected you might have the mirror predilection that which I possessed. Once we had made love a few times, including the ‘playful’ spanking, I was convinced based on that research. But I felt I should let you bring it up first.”
“Academic research?”
"Mirror prediliections?"
"Yes - I'm not a dominant, but I'm excited thinking of a girl's pain, and you are definitely not a submissive, but just as excited by the pain."
“Yes.”
“42 years ago?”
“Yes.”
“You remembered it and diagnosed me?”
“More or less.”
“I’m not sure whether I love you or hate you!”
“Well. While you’re making up your mind, why don’t I get my cricket bat and give your ass a very hard spanking and see if I really can go a second time.”
“That sounds very nice and very hot!”
“And when we finish, we are going out to buy some new toys together before you have a chance to ship me off to Oaken Holt!”

finis

4DC47772-CB35-4F22-8FDF-AD7E5D4E7353.jpeg Am I going to like this?

Interesting ending to a great story

Applause :clapping::clapping::clapping::icon_popcorn:

Interesting ending to a great story

Applause :clapping::clapping::clapping::icon_popcorn:
Second that
A great story PrPr! First I feared that it would get to much like a lecture in school, but you had the right mixture. Educational and sexy at the same time. In addition a lot of really good pictures!
My deepest thanks for the very kind comments. They mean a lot after a long slog like this. Thank Madi for some of his fine manips. :clapping: And I should thank Barbara and Messaline (yes, and Winder:bdsm-wink:) for their representing such inspiring characters to write about.:clapping::clapping: I love your personas and wanted to take them a step further with a serious adventure.:icon_popcorn: I hope I've succeeded.:icon_writing:

Thanks for this exciting adventure, PrPr - well-researched, sensitive, simultaneously witty and serious.
Very enjoyable and probably one of your best! :)

Back
Top Bottom