Mythology Of Adam And Eve

Go to CruxDreams.com

Zephyros

Magistrate
Genesis, the first book of the Bible, contains two accounts of how Adam and Eve came into being. The first version, which most likely dates from between 600 and 400 B . C ., says that God created all living things—including a man and woman "in his own image"—on the sixth day of creation. According to the second version, which is longer and probably several centuries older, God (here named Yahweh) made Adam from dust and breathed "the breath of life" into his nostrils. God then created animals so that Adam would not be alone. However, God saw that Adam needed a human partner, so he put Adam to sleep, took a rib from his side, and created Eve from it.

Adam and Eve lived in a garden called Eden, from which four rivers flowed out into the world. Like other earthly paradises in mythologies of the arid Near East, Eden was a well-watered, fertile place that satisfied all of the needs of Adam and Eve. God imposed only one restriction on life in this paradise: not to eat the fruit of a certain tree—the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

A sly serpent in the garden persuaded Eve to eat the forbidden fruit, and Adam tasted the fruit as well ...

A&E1.gif A&E2.jpg A&E3.jpg A&E4.jpg A&E5.jpg A&E6.jpg A&E7.jpg A&E8.jpg A&E10.gif

View attachment 450858 He gives me a lousy apple and a corny line! He'll have to do better than that if wants to get laid!

Actually she gave him the apple :p

Possibly after the snake had said something like "Well you've tried a two eyed tree snake now you should give a one eyed trou- you know what I'll teach you how to invent clothes later in the meantime- sex now you know it's great you should try it with Adam,Yahweh won't be jealous at all!"

Actually she gave him the apple :p

Possibly after the snake had said something like "Well you've tried a two eyed tree snake now you should give a one eyed trou- you know what I'll teach you how to invent clothes later in the meantime- sex now you know it's great you should try it with Adam,Yahweh won't be jealous at all!"

Nonsense. What self respecting woman would give a guy an apple. I am sure the scriptures got that wrong. Probaby written by men, you know. ;)

It may in fact only, be a self-respecting woman who would give a man she had chosen an apple. Which would be the point that the male authors of early scripture were writing against :p

The world might be so much better today if the Church fathers had just stepped aside and let the women do the writing.

Last edited:
So if Eve was created from a part of Adam, that essentially makes her his cross-sex clone, doesn't it?

Also, if I remember my sunday school brainwashing correctly, they had two sons - Khaine and Abel. I also seem to remember that they both got married.

To whom?

Eve was the only woman, remember?

One ancient text - The Midrash - tells us that they also had sisters who were somehow omitted from the final release of the Bible (maybe they'll be reinstated in the director's cut...)

If that's the case, then obviously they married their sisters (which is a smidgen better than marrying your mum, I suppose), so if one were to take the Bible quite literally, then are we not all descended from an incestuous relationship? Which of course in turn means that the entire population of the world is incestuous.

Just saying...

Of course this didn't happen quite like this - if it had, then by now the human race would have degenerated into a bunch of savage, inbred mutants with such limited intellect that they'll be continually making bad choices in everything they do...

Then again, maybe the Bible got it right after all...

Or maybe we're not quite that degenerate just yet - for all I know we may yet become like the Morlocks of HG Wells' classic The Time Machine;

morlock.jpeg

Then again, maybe some are already well on their way...

Boris-Johnson.jpg

You have to admit that there's quite a resemblance there - except that the Morlocks have better hair :D

Of course this didn't happen quite like this - if it had, then by now the human race would have degenerated into a bunch of savage, inbred mutants with such limited intellect that they'll be continually making bad choices in everything they do...

As a geneticist, I have to say that incestuous breeding doesn't necessarily produce inferior progeny. It concentrates genes, both good and bad. Lab strains of rodents (not the racing kind) were produced by sibling matings. The Egyptian Pharaohs and the Inca royals mated only with their sisters because no one else was considered pure enough.

Also, if I remember my sunday school brainwashing correctly, they had two sons - Khaine and Abel. I also seem to remember that they both got married.
Actually a/c the Bible, also Seth and at least two other sons and two daughters -
who would indeed have been in rather a strong bargaining position! ;) :devil:

Genesis, the first book of the Bible, contains two accounts of how Adam and Eve came into being. The first version, which most likely dates from between 600 and 400 B . C ., says that God created all living things—including a man and woman "in his own image"—on the sixth day of creation. According to the second version, which is longer and probably several centuries older, God (here named Yahweh) made Adam from dust and breathed "the breath of life" into his nostrils. God then created animals so that Adam would not be alone. However, God saw that Adam needed a human partner, so he put Adam to sleep, took a rib from his side, and created Eve from it.

Adam and Eve lived in a garden called Eden, from which four rivers flowed out into the world. Like other earthly paradises in mythologies of the arid Near East, Eden was a well-watered, fertile place that satisfied all of the needs of Adam and Eve. God imposed only one restriction on life in this paradise: not to eat the fruit of a certain tree—the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

A sly serpent in the garden persuaded Eve to eat the forbidden fruit, and Adam tasted the fruit as well ...

View attachment 450847 View attachment 450848 View attachment 450849 View attachment 450850 View attachment 450851 View attachment 450852 View attachment 450853 View attachment 450854 View attachment 450855
The two accounts of the creation of man and woman probably came from the combining of two separate traditions. Later Rabbis would explain the contradiction in the following way:
Yahweh did create "man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." The man was named Adam and the woman was named Lilith. Lilith refused to submit to Adam because they were created at the same time. Because of the act of rebellion, she was cast out of the Garden and became the mother of demons.
A further tradition says that Yahweh then created another woman for Adam out of one of his ribs. But, Adam was allowed to watch her creation, which was from the inside out - first the bones, then the internal organs, then the muscles and finally the skin. Even though she was as desirable as Lilith had been; Adam rejected her because he could not forget the image of her as guts and skinless muscle. She was either destroyed or cast out of the Garden.
This explains why Yahweh had to put Adam to sleep in order to create Eve out of one of his ribs.
To the Rabbis, Lilith represented the wickedness of an independent minded woman. Today, she is a feminist icon.
lilith_by_isra2007.jpg 4590b50e5134d1ceec2433c2c2871206.jpg lilith_is_coming_back_from_hell____by_dameklaudia-d5h6xd7.png

that book said:
And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden
Hmm one could wonder why exactly was there not only a tree of knowledge but also a tree of eternal life in that garden. Maybe it all started with the trees, someone first blundered into that garden and ate of them both, and then decided to keep that power to himself... ;)

Back
Top Bottom