New Here

Go to CruxDreams.com
Yes! I think i a half year a lurker before i register. But then...
;)

If you click on my avatar, it says I joined in 2007, something I have no recollection of having done. But when I decided to start posting back last year, I went on this thread first and got some helpful tips.

Welcome, Boccaccio.
I believe I know where you came from - I lurk that site, mostly for the pictures - and I think you'll find this site a fun place to visit. And, with a lot more stories, too.

Benvenuto Boccaccio, good to have you here.
If you take a look in the Forum Archive (Windar's first link)
you'll see a collection of the stories, pictures etc. we've enjoyed here -
we'll look forward to reading your stories and no doubt them to our collection :)
And thanks for the outreach, Windar ;)

Thank you, Eulalia. It's a pretty name.

Pedantic old fool that I am, I'm guessing that you have taken your name from one of the two early Spanish martyrs of that name, both of whom suffered sexual indignities before their execution. Was it one or the other of them in particular?

Yes, Eulalia of Mérida. I first came upon her by chance in a book of saints when I was about the age she was when she was martyred, and I found the whole idea of being tortured like that incredibly arousing. It sparked an interest which I still have in the legends of virgin martyrs. Eulalia of Barcelona is pretty certainly a copy, although she has a different feast-date, and her (much later) legend has a much wider range of tortures including crucifixion on a St Andrew's cross (which appeals to a Scot!), but it's the girl-saint of Emerita Augusta that I take my name from. :)

Welcome, Boccaccio.
I believe I know where you came from - I lurk that site, mostly for the pictures - and I think you'll find this site a fun place to visit. And, with a lot more stories, too.

Hello, Naraku

Most of my published stories are at bdsmlibrary.com under the pseudonyms 'Boccaccio' for a series of stories set in east Asia in the 1880's, and 'Big Jake' for a pair of novels in each of which two brutal outlaws of the old west terrorize a beautiful young woman to pay her back for 'wronging' them in one way or another.

I have also published a couple of stories at the "Bring Out the Gimp Forum, and have occasionally taken part in conversations there."

Yes, Eulalia of Mérida. I first came upon her by chance in a book of saints when I was about the age she was when she was martyred, and I found the whole idea of being tortured like that incredibly arousing. It sparked an interest which I still have in the legends of virgin martyrs. Eulalia of Barcelona is pretty certainly a copy, although she has a different feast-date, and her (much later) legend has a much wider range of tortures including crucifixion on a St Andrew's cross (which appeals to a Scot!), but it's the girl-saint of Emerita Augusta that I take my name from. :)

I have often wondered how many folks who share our peculiar interest were influenced by stories (and images) of the Christian martyrs. In Elizabethan times Foxe's "Actes and Monuments of these Latter and Perillous Days, Touching Matters of the Church," much better known as "The Book of Martyrs" was a best-seller. I grew up as a Catholic altar boy and was regularly regaled with stories, many with sexual themes, of the courage of the martyrs, a not-very-successful attempt to induce in us young people a moral fortitude beyond our years.

"Eulalia of Barcelona is pretty certainly a copy,"

Yes, when I Wiki'd them I was struck by the proximity of their supposed birth/death dates. On the other hand it's a very long way from Merida to Barcelona, and Eurorail prices were probably shockingl high in the 4th century, so who knows?

Indeed as Prudentius says, 'proximus occiduo locus est....' But saints' relics travelled far and wide, and their legends went with them. And Prudentius was himself a native of Hispania Tarraconensis and probably promoted her cult in the northern parts of Iberia.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom