Odds And Ends And Anything You Fancy

Go to CruxDreams.com
Pine trees are everywhere here. One course is called Whispering Pines.

I said Georgia
Georgia
A song of you
Comes as sweet and clear
As moonlight through the pines - Ray Charles "Georgia on my Mind" But it looks just the same here in SC! I often watch the moon set behind those trees!
Speaking of moon set. Here was the super Moon earlier this year setting over the 6th hole of the golf course.
qw.png
Reflection of moon in water

I don't think that this has been posted before here.
Anyone got the answer> Hee hee!
And you have to explain your answer, no guesses!

OK, I am in IT, and I will tell you something. I remember when you had to have manuals on your desk, or some kind of installed user guide, as a resource to help you use software/solve problems. I used to have 3 different DOS manuals because each of them had different commands explained or different character sets in them as references.
Do you know what we do these days?
Google.
You still need to know what you are looking at, and understand how to pick the suitable from the unsuitable answers, but that's it. Ask Google.
So I call this out. It took this "programmer" about 2 minutes to solve the problem. One minute to look at it carefully, and one minute to Google :)
It is not a mathematical problem, it is a matter of simple counting. The answer is 2, and the only digit in that number that counts is the "8".

I think this girl's worked it out
773.jpg

It is not a mathematical problem, it is a matter of simple counting. The answer is 2, and the only digit in that number that counts is the "8".

Thanks phlebas, I spent about 5min and got nowhere, then read your answer, spent another 5min working out what you meant. 10min of my life wasted, but isn't she lovely:1540898662584.png

Ah, but where does the two come from, why does 9881 count as five?

The reason pre school children can get it?
You count the enclosed circles/ovals.
so 9 = 1
8 = 2
1 = 0
Total 5
Every single example on that list matches this pattern :D

My first computer
View attachment 639247
"googling" when I studied
View attachment 639248

That second pic was exactly me, Googling in my undergrad years early 80s :)

Now to change tone slightly

But where do you go to my lovely
When you're alone in your bed?
Tell me the thoughts that surround you
I want to look inside your head,

reflections_by_gorean_art-d3e0thg.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom