Odds And Ends And Anything You Fancy

Go to CruxDreams.com
Deepnds on what's in the contract about payment, working hours, good work-life balance and extralegal benefits and bonuses?:confused:

Some people suck all the enjoyment out a a job :)

Run!

2110360953.jpgimage-8.jpgimage-16.jpgThree-nudes-running-on-the-beach.jpgnaked-woman-running-nude.jpgfree-download-pics-naked-girls_0.jpgpha123000034.jpgjog001.jpgwtEYQA8.jpg

Deepnds on what's in the contract about payment, working hours, good work-life balance and extralegal benefits and bonuses?:confused:
Give the contract to our resident expert on the forums.
She won't read it, will sign it, and then complain about it...

You are damn hard to please!:eek: Glad I'm not your slave!;)
Some people suck all the enjoyment out a a job :)
Well there's a certain job that requires sucking and more than an element of fun...

Oh really? Well, I tell you this, folks : before you jump enthousiastically into that job, you better bargain hard conditions, and you double check everything in your contract very carefully! Otherwise, do not complain afterwards, when you find out that you have ignored the fine print in your contract, particularly this statement :
"Before taking on the work, the employee shall undergo a surgical procedure to get castrated!":firedevil:

Gibbs you don't know how much I envy you that scene! I only saw snow twice in my life up to the age of 26, it still excites me, as it did on my Europe trip earlier this year. Even small amounts reduce me to a wide eyed child :D

Of course, there is no scene that cannot be improved by the addition of . . . .
View attachment 642183
Winter is coming! ...
Some views around where I live!

Attachments

• _DSC0022.JPG
    _DSC0022.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 92
  • _DSC0024.JPG
    _DSC0024.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • _DSC0027.JPG
    _DSC0027.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
  • _DSC0031.JPG
    _DSC0031.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 72
Since most of our non-US members (and even many of those) will not know a significance of today's date (unless you're a big GWTW fan), today marks the 154th anniversary of the capture of Atlanta GA by the troops of General William Tecumseh Sherman. Three days later, they would begin the famous (or infamous) March to the Sea. While singing this song in South Carolina is a crucifiable offence, as a member of an old solid Union Family, I will post it.

This is one of the best renditions I know. Since it highlights the Irish in Sherman's column, I present the story of one of those regiments, famous for the war cry in the title of the video ‘Faugh A Ballagh’.

The 17th Wisconsin were organized in Madison and mustered into service on 15th March 1862. The men were largely drawn from the state’s Irish community, and Corinth was to be their first major action. When the battle opened the 17th had initially been kept in the rear to guard the brigade camp. However, as the Federal situation deteriorated, the regiment was ordered to the battlefield just after 1pm. Colonel Doran remembered that as they approached the front they were greeted with ‘as hearty a cheer as was ever raised for the sons of Erin.’

Brigadier-General McArthur determined that it was necessary to drive the Confederates back in order to save his artillery, and so asked Colonel Doran if he could ‘charge successfully on the brigade doing such execution.’ He replied that he could, and he turned to his men to prepare them to assault the Rebels.

The green-flag regiment prepared their ranks and surged towards the enemy crying ‘Faugh A Ballagh’, a gaelic war-cry meaning ‘Clear the Way’. The remainder of the Union line charged forward in echelon with them, and the Rebels were driven back some three-quarters of a mile.

The 17th Wisconsin successfully withdrew to the main entrenchments around Corinth, where a series of strong fortifications and batteries protected the town. McArthur commented on the field that the men had ‘made the most glorious charge of the campaign.

The 17th Wisconsin Infantry would go on to serve in the Vicksburg and Atlanta Campaigns, as well as marching through Georgia.

The lyrics for those with poor hearing. I do apologize for the single racially insensitive lyric from 1865 (changed in this version of the song)

Bring the good old bugle, boys, we'll sing another song
Sing it with a spirit that will start the world along
Sing it as we used to sing it, fifty thousand strong
While we were marching through Georgia.

(Chorus)
Hurrah! Hurrah! we bring the jubilee! (Reference to the Bible year of Jubilee when all slaves were freed!)
Hurrah! Hurrah! the flag that makes you free!
So we sang the chorus from Atlanta to the sea

(Chorus)
How the darkeys shouted when they heard the joyful sound
How the turkeys gobbled which our commissary found
How the sweet potatoes even started from the ground

(Chorus)
Yes and there were Union men who wept with joyful tears,
When they saw the honored flag they had not seen for years;
Hardly could they be restrained from breaking forth in cheers,

(Chorus)
"Sherman's dashing Yankee boys will never reach the coast!"
So the saucy rebels said and 'twas a handsome boast
Had they not forgot, alas! to reckon with the Host

(Chorus)
So we made a thoroughfare for freedom and her train,
Sixty miles in latitude, three hundred to the main;
Treason fled before us, for resistance was in vain

(Chorus)
1200px-Sherman_sea_1868.jpg
Photo of the Hero, himself, colorized, but believed accurate to the descriptions of his red hair.
68XcJbbUjzIr-wZxPXlVb49CnahvH6tY2rqMuY_d7dA.jpg

Last edited:
Since most of our non-US members (and even many of those) will not know a significance of today's date (unless you're a big GWTW fan), today marks the 154th anniversary of the capture of Atlanta GA by the troops of General William Tecumseh Sherman. Three days later, they would begin the famous (or infamous) March to the Sea. While singing this song in South Carolina is a crucifiable offence, as a member of an old solid Union Family, I will post it.

This is one of the best renditions I know. Since it highlights the Irish in Sherman's column, I present the story of one of those regiments, famous for the the war cry in the title of the video ‘Faugh A Ballagh’.

The 17th Wisconsin were organized in Madison and mustered into service on 15th March 1862. The men were largely drawn from the state’s Irish community, and Corinth was to be their first major action. When the battle opened the 17th had initially been kept in the rear to guard the brigade camp. However, as the Federal situation deteriorated, the regiment was ordered to the battlefield just after 1pm. Colonel Doran remembered that as they approached the front they were greeted with ‘as hearty a cheer as was ever raised for the sons of Erin.’

Brigadier-General McArthur determined that it was necessary to drive the Confederates back in order to save his artillery, and so asked Colonel Doran if he could ‘charge successfully on the brigade doing such execution.’ He replied that he could, and he turned to his men to prepare them to assault the Rebels.

The green-flag regiment prepared their ranks and surged towards the enemy crying ‘Faugh A Ballagh’, a gaelic war-cry meaning ‘Clear the Way’. The remainder of the Union line charged forward in echelon with them, and the Rebels were driven back some three-quarters of a mile.

The 17th Wisconsin successfully withdrew to the main entrenchments around Corinth, where a series of strong fortifications and batteries protected the town. McArthur commented on the field that the men had ‘made the most glorious charge of the campaign.

The 17th Wisconsin Infantry would go on to serve in the Vicksburg and Atlanta Campaigns, as well as marching through Georgia.

The lyrics for those poor hearing. I do apologize for the single racially insensitive lyric from 1865 (changed in this version of the song)

Bring the good old bugle, boys, we'll sing another song
Sing it with a spirit that will start the world along
Sing it as we used to sing it, fifty thousand strong

(Chorus)
Hurrah! Hurrah! we bring the jubilee! (Reference to the Bible year of Jubilee when all slaves were freed!)
Hurrah! Hurrah! the flag that makes you free!
So we sang the chorus from Atlanta to the sea

(Chorus)
How the darkeys shouted when they heard the joyful sound
How the turkeys gobbled which our commissary found
How the sweet potatoes even started from the ground

(Chorus)
Yes and there were Union men who wept with joyful tears,
When they saw the honored flag they had not seen for years;
Hardly could they be restrained from breaking forth in cheers,

(Chorus)
"Sherman's dashing Yankee boys will never reach the coast!"
So the saucy rebels said and 'twas a handsome boast
Had they not forgot, alas! to reckon with the Host

(Chorus)
So we made a thoroughfare for freedom and her train,
Sixty miles in latitude, three hundred to the main;
Treason fled before us, for resistance was in vain
View attachment 643777

51zAcFAImtL._SY355_.jpg ON WISCONSIN :rolleyes:

A love poem for a lovely Lady:

The girl I seek named Eulalia goes for classical poetry
So to win her heart I must quote with ease
Aeschylus and Euripides

But the poet of them all
Who will start Eul simply ravin'
Is the poet people call
The Bard of Stratford on Avon

Brush up your Shakespeare
Start quoting him now
And Eulala you will wow

I just declaim a few lines from Othella
And she'll think I’m a hell of a fella
If my lassie won't respond when I flatter 'er
I tell her what Tony told Cleopatterer
If she fights when her kiltie I am mussing
What’s a kiltie? Much ado about nussing

And they'll all kow-tow
Start quoting him now
And Eulala you will wow

With the wife of the British ambassida
Try a crack out of "Troilus and Cressida"
If Eul says she won't buy it or like it
I make her tike it, what's more As I Like It
If Eul says my behavior is heinous
I kick her right in the Coriolanus

And they'll all kow-tow
Start quoting him now
And Eulala you will wow

If I can't be a ham and do Hamlet
Eul will not give a damn or a damlet
I just recite an occasional sonnet
And my lap'll have Euli upon it
When Eulalia is pleading for pleasure
I let her sample MY Measure for Measure

And they'll all kow-tow - Forsooth
And they'll all kow-tow
And they'll all kow-tow
Start quoting him now
And Eulala you will wow

I better mention "The Merchant of Venice"
When Eul’s sweet pound o' flesh I would menace
In her virtue, at first, Eul defends---well
I just remind her that "All's Well Tat Ends Well"
And if still Eul won't give me a bonus
I know what Venus did to Adonis

And they'll all kow-tow - Thinkist thou?
And they'll all kow-tow - Odds bodkins
And they'll all kow-tow
Start quoting him now
Brush up your Shakepeare
And Eulala you will wow

If Eula is a Washington Heights dream
I treat the kid to "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
If Eul then wants an all-by-herself night
I’d let her rest ev'ry 'leventh or "Twelfth Night"
If because of my heat Eul gets huffy
I simply play on and "Lay on, Macduffy!"

And they'll always kow-tow - Forsooth
And they'll always kow-tow - Thinkist thou?
And they'll always kow-tow - We trou'

And they'll always kow-tow – Oh Eul!

Songwriter: Cole Porter - with many apologies.

Just love this quote, from yesterday's Daily Mirror newspaper, re Britain's first Managed Red Light District - Holbeck in Leeds.
From a local 14 year old schoolgirl who has to walk close to the area each school day.
"It is frightening. Before, I thought prostitute meant some sort of politician. I didn’t even know what one was. But now I know what it means. It’s scary.”
see:https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/britains-first-red-light-zone-13591913

On a vaguely similar topic (gleaned whilst recounting above to my sister):-
"We had a system on our computers at work which, should one type a word thought to be rude, unleash all kinds of electronic mayhem and call in the Personnel Dept. to berate us.
Difficult because a side road next to the Office was called "Cock Lane", and we were negotiating to purchase a property in that road, I had to type "Male chicken Lane". To address an envelope, I had to find a "Steam typewriter" and type Cock Lane manually".

Just love this quote, from yesterday's Daily Mirror newspaper, re Britain's first Managed Red Light District - Holbeck in Leeds.
From a local 14 year old schoolgirl who has to walk close to the area each school day.
"It is frightening. Before, I thought prostitute meant some sort of politician. I didn’t even know what one was. But now I know what it means. It’s scary.”
see:https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/britains-first-red-light-zone-13591913

On a vaguely similar topic (gleaned whilst recounting above to my sister):-
"We had a system on our computers at work which, should one type a word thought to be rude, unleash all kinds of electronic mayhem and call in the Personnel Dept. to berate us.
Difficult because a side road next to the Office was called "Cock Lane", and we were negotiating to purchase a property in that road, I had to type "Male chicken Lane". To address an envelope, I had to find a "Steam typewriter" and type Cock Lane manually".
I don´t know how the girl came to think prostitute and politician would be the same. Maybe just common sense.

Back
Top Bottom