Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
Bruce McCandless II, the first human to float freely in space, died yesterday at the age of 80.
I still remember that event in 1984.
McCandless was part of the 19 astronauts of Group 5. From Apollo 13 on, nine of them have flown to the Moon. Others with Skylab. McCandless was never selected for an Apollo flight, because, although a US Navy aviator, he (and Don Lind from his group) had rather a scientific than a test pilot background.
McCandless was CAPCOM during the Apollo 11 moonwalk, and flew two Space Shuttle Missions. (source : Wikipedia).

Sue Grafton, best-selling author of detective stories, died yesterday at the age of 77. Her alphabetical series made it to "Y is for Yesterday", but her illness made it impossible to finish "Z is for Zero".

We think always we have time. We have no enough time for all, what we want do. From one day to the next happen things, which can make a end for all plannings.
Do it now, you know not if you tommorrow can yet.

We think always we have time. We have no enough time for all, what we want do. From one day to the next happen things, which can make a end for all plannings.
Do it now, you know not if you tommorrow can yet.

I always liked the way a Saudi put it. Pointing to a cemetery we were passing, full of anonymous dead because they don't have headstones there, he said, "See all of those graves there? Every one of those people had things they didn't finish."

Former astronaut John Young (1930-2018).
Young belonged to the second group of astronauts. He made six spaceflights, his first one with Gemini 3 in 1965 (first manned Gemini flight, together with Gus Grissom) and later Gemini 10 (with Collins).
In May 1969 he flew to the Moon with Apollo 10, for a last test of the Lunar Module, in orbit around the Moon. Young would walk on the Moon in April 1972 with Charlie Duke (Apollo 16). In April 1981 he flew the first test flight of a Space Shuttle (Columbia). Young made his last spaceflight in november 1983, again with Columbia, the first flight of Spacelab in its cargo hold.

More sad news. One month after Johnny Hallyday, 'the French Elvis Presley', France loses another pop icon. France Gall (1947-2018) has died. She is most famous for winning the 1965 Eurovision Song Contest with 'Poupée de Cire, Poupée de Son'.

More sad news. One month after Johnny Hallyday, 'the French Elvis Presley', France loses another pop icon. France Gall (1947-2018) has died. She is most famous for winning the 1965 Eurovision Song Contest with 'Poupée de Cire, Poupée de Son'.

France gall is also famous for a double meaning song, apparently just childish, that Serge Gainsbourg -a great artist, a liitle bit kinky sometimes- wrote for her when she was a teenager. The song's called "les sucettes à l'anis" (anise lollipops) . It has often been said that she didn't know the hidden sense of this song. I think you guess what it is.

A link to this song, original version :

Soccer (English Football) certainly isn't my thing,
but even I know that Cyrille Regis was a very fine, brave man,
an inspiration for young black footballers
when racist abuse wasn't a sick exception,
it was the rule, and he never let it break him!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42687285

France gall is also famous for a double meaning song, apparently just childish, that Serge Gainsbourg -a great artist, a liitle bit kinky sometimes- wrote for her when she was a teenager. The song's called "les sucettes à l'anis" (anise lollipops) . It has often been said that she didn't know the hidden sense of this song. I think you guess what it is.

A link to this song, original version :
I rather liked the second part of her career : her songs were much deeper and with a social interest ...

Dolores O'Riordan - Cranbarries * 6. September 1971 in Limerick; † 15. Januar 2018 in London
That is very sad - she had a beautiful voice and I love her recordings.
I will have to seek out one of her albums to play now.
Godspeed Dolores. :(

Back
Top Bottom