Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
I can't improve on what Stephen Fry posted:
"Farewell, Terry Jones. The great foot has come down to stamp on you. My god what pleasure you gave, what untrammelled joy and delight. What a wonderful talent, heart and mind"

Attachments

• 2F5A93E2-7745-4875-9B69-2CE66F01B3A3.jpeg
    2F5A93E2-7745-4875-9B69-2CE66F01B3A3.jpeg
    317.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 45415BAD-8CF4-4B78-BDEE-DCAAD6A67F9F.jpeg
    45415BAD-8CF4-4B78-BDEE-DCAAD6A67F9F.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 12
Rob Rensenbrink (1947-2020). He was a Dutch football player, a real goalgetter, who was on the height of his career mainly active in Belgian top teams. He played with the Dutch national football team two World Cup finals, in 1974 in West-Germany and in 1978 in Argentina. The Netherlands lost both finals. In the World Cup of 1978, he made five goals, and he failed to make a sixth, during the final against Argentina. At a 1-1 tie, less than a minute before the end of regular time, his shot defeated the Argentine goalkeeper, but deflected against the pole back into the field. If he had scored, The Netherlands would likely have been world champion, and Rensenbrik would have been the top scorer of the tournament, in stead of the Argentine Mario Kempes, who would score his sixth goal during the prolongations of the final, won by Argentine with 3-1.

Breaking: Kobe Bryant has been killed in a helicopter crash.

I don’t follow sports, he was barely on my radar, but damn.

I remember watching his 'retirement' game a few years back ... He shot 60 points. And I was thinking "He's retiring because??????"

A phenomenally talented player who worked hard on his game throughout his career.

R.I.P. Nicholas Parsons, entertainer, comedian, actor, much loved presenter of BBC radio’s “Just a minute” panel game for half a century. If you don’t know it:
I'm not familiar with "Just A Minute", but I remember him presenting Sale of the Century many decades ago (Damn I feel old sometimes :( )

I'm not familiar with "Just A Minute", but I remember him presenting Sale of the Century many decades ago (Damn I feel old sometimes :( )
I feel Nicholas Parsons would not mind me repeating the Two Ronnies’ joke:

“Later in the programme, I’ll be talking to a lady who likes Nicholas Parsons”

“..and I’ll be talking to a parson who likes knickerless ladies “
:p

R.I.P. Nicholas Parsons, entertainer, comedian, actor, much loved presenter of BBC radio’s “Just a minute” panel game for half a century. If you don’t know it:

What a pure and unfiltered delight is the show and its host. Mr. Parsons will definitely be sorely missed.

Rob Rensenbrink (1947-2020). He was a Dutch football player, a real goalgetter, who was on the height of his career mainly active in Belgian top teams. He played with the Dutch national football team two World Cup finals, in 1974 in West-Germany and in 1978 in Argentina. The Netherlands lost both finals. In the World Cup of 1978, he made five goals, and he failed to make a sixth, during the final against Argentina. At a 1-1 tie, less than a minute before the end of regular time, his shot defeated the Argentine goalkeeper, but deflected against the pole back into the field. If he had scored, The Netherlands would likely have been world champion, and Rensenbrik would have been the top scorer of the tournament, in stead of the Argentine Mario Kempes, who would score his sixth goal during the prolongations of the final, won by Argentine with 3-1.
In my opinion, the most attractive football team to watch, and I have been watching football since 1944.

The sort of show that you can only imagine being on the BBC. How sad that the current crop of scumbags fuckwits overprivilegedwankers politicians seem to have so little appreciation for it. :(

Back
Top Bottom