Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
Little Richard, A.K.A.Richard Pennman,has died :(
The legendary,controversial piano-player,passed away today,aged 87.
His contribution to Rock n Roll,Gospel and Soul was enormous,with hits such as :
Tutti Frutti,Long Tall Sally,Good Golly Miss Molly,Rip it Up,(& others....)
R.I.P. Little Richard 05/12/1932 - 09/05/2020.
LittleRichard_12_18.jpg

Florian Schneider of Kraftwerk, 1947-2020.

**Edited to add, that is not the best link - ignore the lyrics onscreen. He is actually singing "We drive, drive, drive on the Autobahn." (!)
Interestingly, they have been cited by many early rap and hip-hop artists as having been an important influence.

He usually worked some bondage and/or sadomasochism into his films, which was not common in those days, and got away with it, as he was considered one of the luminaries of French Cinema.
And of le nouveau roman - lots of steamy SM scenes in his novels too.

Okay, I missed this one (I MEAN, YOU REALLY WOULDN'T THINK I WOULD HAVE THESE BOUTS OF ABSENT-MINDEDNESS... :rolleyes: :oops::facepalm::D ).

Palette knife painter and fellow DA member, Leonid Afremov seems to have passed away last summer, August 19, 2019 to be exact. He was known for his vibrant and colourful images of city scenes. I have done a couple of manips using Afremov paintings as a background, which I think worked out reasonably well.
Afremov-Barb1a.jpg Afremov-crux1a(original).jpg

Okay, I missed this one (I MEAN, YOU REALLY WOULDN'T THINK I WOULD HAVE THESE BOUTS OF ABSENT-MINDEDNESS... :rolleyes: :oops::facepalm::D ).

Palette knife painter and fellow DA member, Leonid Afremov seems to have passed away last summer, August 19, 2019 to be exact. He was known for his vibrant and colourful images of city scenes. I have done a couple of manips using Afremov paintings as a background, which I think worked out reasonably well.
View attachment 859864 View attachment 859865

Upstaged by the background :confused: WOW

View attachment 859864 View attachment 859865

Replace 'reasonably' by 'very'! The vibrant and colourful backgrounds are a great support to the added vibrant crucifixion scenes. They strongly amplify each other!:rolleyes:

Afremov-Barb1a.jpg Afremov-crux1a(original).jpg
Thanks for this sad news, Jolly. :(
There was never any doubt in my mind that he was the DeviantArt member named Leonid Afremov, and his biography and distinctive painting style tend to confirm this.
I was delighted that he faved one of my recent Alice pictures - 'The Wild Flower Meadow at Cruxton Abbey 1' which appeared on DeviantArt on 23 Jan 2020...

There is no doubt that he died on 19 August 2019, so I am curious about who is using his DeviantArt profile - and who faved my picture, because it could not have been him...
According to DeviantArt, his last gallery submission is recorded as four days ago.
His last fave was added yesterday.
His last visit to DeviantArt was 35 minutes ago...

Thanks for this sad news, Jolly. :(
There was never any doubt in my mind that he was the DeviantArt member named Leonid Afremov, and his biography and distinctive painting style tend to confirm this.
I was delighted that he faved one of my recent Alice pictures - 'The Wild Flower Meadow at Cruxton Abbey 1' which appeared on DeviantArt on 23 Jan 2020...

There is no doubt that he died on 19 August 2019, so I am curious about who is using his DeviantArt profile - and who faved my picture, because it could not have been him...
According to DeviantArt, his last gallery submission is recorded as four days ago.
His last fave was added yesterday.
His last visit to DeviantArt was 35 minutes ago...
Well that is odd. :confused:

Well that is odd. :confused:
Following research by Monty, it becomes apparent that the DeviantArt gallery is being run by Leonid Afremov's son, Dmitry, as a point of sale for some 4000+ paintings, both originals and ones described as 'studio copies'. Prices start at $149, and Dmitry is offering a $10 discount voucher to anyone purchasing his father's work through DeviantArt.
The profile page also states that discount of 15% is available.

I am slightly disappointed that Dmitry has not updated the gallery profile page to reflect the current state of affairs.
Currently this presents Leonid discussing his background and work in the present tense, as if he was alive and well.

Dmitry has not responded with any explanation to numerous members, thanking him for faves along the lines of, 'Thanks for the fave, but I thought you died last year...?'
However, the mystery surrounding the DeviantArt Leonid Afremov profile appears to be solved. ;)

One I missed. Dave Greenfield (29 March 1949 – 3 May 2020), keyboard player with the Stranglers and the source of their unique sound.

(This is not a song about how they like their toast........)

He should have worn gloves, his fingerprints must be all over that apartment - bang to rights mate, that's what you will be.
In the film he's trapped by a planted advert for a night-club show starring a nude slavegirl in chains - naturally he falls for that, and the invitation to come behind the scenes to meet her. R-G's plot-lines were generally pretty pathetic, but then he didn't really believe in narrative, just cutting from one sexy scene to another. Bit like CruxForums!

Back
Top Bottom