Random picture thread. (Real photos rather than AI please)

Go to CruxDreams.com
And I was told that St. Patrick was at Inch Abbey when he started removing all the snakes from Ireland.
Very likely. He wouldn't give them an inch.
(CC got in first with that :p )

Location unknown. Could be La Mancha
random1.jpg
The Leafs last won the Stanley Cup in 1967. They play Boston in the first round of the playoffs this season.
random2.jpg
No comment.
random3.jpg
Harrison Ford's double enjoying his job.
random4.jpg
German city in the 20s (might be Berlin) doing London one better.
random5.jpg

“All units, proceed to I90, mile post 137 … multiple vehicle crash scene there … massive pile up. Officer on the scene reports having two perps in custody … apparently totally soused on Riesling and refusing to cover themselves up. Back up urgently requested. The brunette is said to be unreasonably combative and foul mouthed. Extraordinary measures may be required to subdue her.

“All units, proceed to I90, mile post 137 … multiple vehicle crash scene there … massive pile up. Officer on the scene reports having two perps in custody … apparently totally soused on Riesling and refusing to cover themselves up. Back up urgently requested. The brunette is said to be unreasonably combative and foul mouthed. Extraordinary measures may be required to subdue her.
My ex girlfriend caused a minor fender bender on King St Newtown when she performed a strip tease on the awning above the sidewalk ( easily accessible through our apartment window!)

It was only minor, I’ll never forget the drivers got out and the small subcontinental man who rear ended a taxi could only laugh as the disgruntled taxi driver got out with a “what the fuck?” Look on his face… the smaller man couldn’t stop laughing and just pointed at Alysia who was still disrobed and enjoying the spectacle too much to stop her show!

#3 Original explanation and English translation:
(Étau de desserrage de maréchal-ferrant
en fer forgé, moulé et gravé, représentant deux bras dont les mains, à courbure inversée, viennent en contact avec les talons pour les écarter. Passé par une tige filetée avec un serre-cordon et une entretoise graduée.
XIXe siècle)

Farrier loosening vice
in wrought iron, molded and engraved, representing two arms whose hands, with reverse curvature, come into contact with the heels to spread them apart. Passed through a threaded rod with a cord clamp and a graduated spacer.
XIXth century.

#1 Old cast iron coffee grinder 19th century

In 2022, a significant discovery took place in Chile. During archaeological excavations of the area where the Mapuche Indians once lived, scientists came across a stone that initially did not attract attention. However, when it accidentally split open, the remains of an unusual creature were discovered inside. It was the fossilized skeleton of a small humanoid with wings, which immediately caused a sensation among researchers.
Archaeologist Elias Diaz Ortega, who discovered this stone, shared his impressions of the find. He said that the Mapuche Indians associated these creatures with the tree of life, and in later times they were called fairies or pixies. Scientists estimate that the stone is about 1.5 million years old, suggesting that these creatures may have lived in local forests since ancient times. This find raised questions about the traditional theory of evolution.

Étau de desserrage de maréchal-ferrant
:confused:

I think I've got it - another name for it is étau de desencasteler, and encasteler is a verb for 'accidental shrinking of a horse's hoof through tightening of the quarters or the heels, or atrophy of the frog' (that's the pointy bit at the heel end) - so it's a special counter-vice for getting the hoof back into shape before fitting the shoe - I think.

Pepper spray the brunette and give her a few whacks of the night stick

Back
Top Bottom