Remember Visions of Darkness?

Go to CruxDreams.com
As far as I know, Lotte completely disappeared. I was in contact with her fairly regularly up till the day she closed Secrets. If she's still around, I think it is only as a lurker.
I have a sneaking feeling that Lotte could be with AU. Not as a lurker but as one of the three anonymous admins. Maybe I'm just spreading a rumor here.
If so, then I am sorry. But only a little bit. :)

This is a good idea.

Perhaps tagging people that we know are here and were on VoD, so they see this (if they have missed it).

Some members that I know or think were on there:

@windar
@jucundus
@S.I.
@chimaera
@John Delves Richardson
@lollo
@Art
I was just short a member of AoD when it became VoD. After that it became a really good forum under the administration of Nyghtfall. Until he ran it into the wall without handing it over to anyone else.

I learned from that. I am no longer single-tracked, but publish under different names in several forums. I also use these forums as archives, so that if I have a total breakdown, I can always fall back on my work.
Renderotica, Cruxforums, ArtUntamed, Pixiv, The Dark Spot, Gimp.
On Pixiv I already have 6.9 k followers. I don't need to mention Deviantart. I was one of the first to be kicked out. Today it is almost a predicate if one was kicked out there.

But long story short.
I have become a member of PiP.
I am firmly convinced that this forum will exist longer. Therefore one should trust NF. Because I think that everyone deserves a second chance!

It would be nice if @Nyghtfall3D would also take one or two moderators or admins on board. If he is sick, or has no more desire, the forum can continue. Would be a nice little safeguard for all members.

I had fought at that time by mail actions for VoD. That was quite troublesome because you could only write to five members per message. For this reason I took all members, with avatar, by screenshot from the member list.

My fight at that time for VoD was unfortunately in vain. But the screens about members I still have.
I will publish them below.

A.JPGA-B.JPGB.JPGB-D.JPGD-E.JPGE-F.JPGG-H.JPGI-J.JPGJ-K.JPGK-L.JPG

Last edited:
Continuation members:

Attachments

• L.JPG
    L.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 64
  • L-N.JPG
    L-N.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 59
  • N-R.JPG
    N-R.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 52
  • R-S.JPG
    R-S.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 50
  • S.JPG
    S.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 42
  • T.JPG
    T.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 45
  • T-V.JPG
    T-V.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 50
It may be that I have not listed all members, there are only those I have written at the time. Members without avatar I had not considered at that time.

Continuation members:

Attachments

• unsorted 01.JPG
    unsorted 01.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 52
  • unsorted 02.JPG
    unsorted 02.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 45
  • unsorted 03.JPG
    unsorted 03.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 41
  • unsorted 04.JPG
    unsorted 04.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 38
  • unsorted 05.JPG
    unsorted 05.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 36
  • unsorted 06.JPG
    unsorted 06.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 38
  • W.JPG
    W.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 41
  • X-Z.JPG
    X-Z.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 46
  • RIP VoD.jpg
    RIP VoD.jpg
    920 KB · Views: 92
Pixels in Peril launched just two weeks ago on February 24. Thanks to a gracious bunch of folks who've missed VoD and helped spread the word about PiP, we are currently 382 members strong, and we've posted over 960 messages across 138 threads.

We are enjoying original member artwork with the same software used by VoD and CF. Our forum structure includes:

Member Lobby

- Site News
-- Questions and Suggestions
- Introductions
- Café (Open discussion)

Galleries (reserved for member artwork and viewer feedback)

- 3D Art (Renders created with apps like Daz, Poser, Blender, et al.)
- 2D Art (Sketches, drawings, and paintings.)
- Artist of the Month (Celebrating extraordinary work by member artists as chosen by their peers.)

Workshop

- Nuts and Bolts (Project drafts and works in progress.)
- Tips and Tricks (Tutorials, tips, tricks, and other advice.)
- Links and Resources (LInks to art-related sites and resources)

Writers Nook

- Short Stories (Text-only short fiction up to 15,000 words. Longer stories are welcome, but please include chapter breaks as desired.)

If viewing and sharing original art sounds appealing, then I invite you to join us, hope you enjoy your stay, and thank you for visiting!

https://pixelsinperil.net

Nyghtfall, you moderate VoD alone, which makes it fragile.
Great news! Pixels in Peril has Moderators now. :)

From the Site News section of PiP, posted a few minutes ago:

One mistake folks feel I made with VoD was not having any Moderators to help alleviate the stress of running it. I resisted the idea when VoD was online because my need for control and lack of trust kept overpowering my sense of reason.

I've mitigated that stress with PiP by not having a separate gallery for extreme content. Scrutinizing content to keep it organized was a severe pain in the ass. I understand, now, part of why hieronymous was so tired of running Art of Darkness by its end. I've also learned how to automate background tasks I used to manually perform with VoD (site backups, bounced emails, system upgrades). Nevertheless, the same folks also believe the lack of help makes PiP fragile. I'm inclined to agree, so I started looking for help two months ago.

My list of candidates was short, and these two artists were at the top: LapinDeFer and Ehliasys

I reached out to them in March and they graciously agreed. They've been acquainting themselves with their new permissions on a dummy board and gave me the greenlight to upgrade their live accounts a few days ago. I promoted them this morning.

I love LapinDeFer's positive attitude, and he has experience managing the DeviantArt group, Visions of Brightness, that he co-founded after VoD closed. Ehliasys has a terrific, no-nonsense approach to the craft of 3D, and I think he will do well as a Moderator.

It is my sincere hope that their new positions will help reinforce my commitment to PiP's long-term success and give everyone the peace of mind they've sought to feel comfortable contributing to our growth.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Fair point. Good idea. I'm inclined to agree and will look into it.
Good afternoon. Maybe not really into the subject. but I have a problem. Stopped letting on the Vision, there was such an inscription:"You have been banned for the following reason: Spam. Please contact the administrator if this was done in error.." How to contact, I don't understand. Help an old, computer illiterate person. Thank you in advance.

We are enjoying original member artwork with the same software used by VoD and CF.

Except for purely AI-generated content (or any content that cannot be distinguished from a photograph) which is strictly banned in PiP.

They have all the right to decide which content is allowed or not on their site and I don't intend to bring arguments that happened in another site to CF.

So I won't start another argument about the subject here but just point it out as a matter of fact.

I feel that it's important enough to mention it, however, now that CF changed its rules to embrace those who make AI art.

Last edited:
Three different points in one post:

Welcome @Nyghtfall3D. Good to see you on CF.

AI is indeed a contentious issue. Some of you might be surprised to see that @jucundus himself has been playing with it and posting on DA

freshly_bred_ii_by_jucundusart_dfotkk3-fullview.jpg
freshly_bred_by_jucundusart_dfo7auk-fullview.jpg

Abbreviation for Dark-Art.net: DAN?
Stunning work, I'm impressed, 3D is getting better all the time, so are the Artists. Jucundus I see still working.

Good afternoon. Maybe not really into the subject. but I have a problem. Stopped letting on the Vision, there was such an inscription:"You have been banned for the following reason: Spam. Please contact the administrator if this was done in error.." How to contact, I don't understand. Help an old, computer illiterate person. Thank you in advance.
Good morning. Sorry for the trouble, and confusion. Please contact me here in private with the user name you registered with and I'll look into it.

Thanks.

Except for purely AI-generated content (or any content that cannot be distinguished from a photograph) which is strictly banned in PiP.
Incidentally, I permanently renamed PiP to VoD the other day because PiP proved more confusing than appealing and kept dissuading artists from sharing lighter work. I also re-structured the galleries.

That said, anyone reading this who'd like to know my final position on AI art is welcome to read VoD's ToS under the section "AI-Generated Content". It's near the top.

Last edited:
Hi all, I tried to register to the forum but get stuck on a message that said “the captcha has not been correctly completed” even though I have done it

@Cp1981

I decided to pull up my control panel to look up something else when I noticed four pages of captcha-related server errors waiting for my attention. As it turns out, I neglected to re-configure one of the keys for my new captcha. I've rectified that, so neither you nor anyone else should encounter anymore registration problems.

Back
Top Bottom