Repertor's Repertory

Go to CruxDreams.com
Well I have no idea of any of this at all and this is all rather frightening. If Pp has wanted to unsettle me he has been quite successful!!!! :eek::eek::eek:
:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

Well then I can hopefully ignore that!
Can you Malin? Can you?

Pp is always so disappointed that the offerings of hardware and, even better, rural supplies stores are neglected as sources of high quality playthings. Improvisation!

Would Malin like to see the contents of the old cupboard downstairs? Or be taken to the shed at his mother's where his old Syd Hill-made Barcoo Poley saddle rests atop a very interesting frame?

Oh where have we taken Repertor's Repertory? A long way from his wonderful images but, then, perhaps we are sowing seeds in his mind.

Am I to be left with no hope at all? I would not want to disappoint Him! I think the ... 'interesting frame' ... could perhaps be something ... but what would be left when 'high quality playthings' from cattle supply are used? Could even Repertor still conjure a 'wonderful image' from that? Oh! I fear I'm going hysteric!
Pp might avoid such devices as dehorners and ear marking pliers and ear tags and nose rings that disfigure permanently but, yes, the frame that holds the saddle is always worth exploring. Then, of course, there is the endless chain and all the rough old hemp rope slings.

As a working belt Pp wears what is known as a "Queensland strap" - though Wiki prefers it called a "Queensland Utility Strap" if you need to search - which can be used as a quick hobble strap for a woman as easily as for a horse (though Pp's version has a hand-stitched pouch added for his favourite stock knife).

image.jpg

The branding irons are there, still, though His alter ego, Pilus, has already applied His brand to Lin elsewhere :devil:.

But, alas, the crush and head bail and calf cradle are long gone as is the gallows frame where we hung the .......

We know from his illustrations elsewhere that Repertor has a fertile and, perhaps, febrile, mind. Who knows what he might make of all this :devil:.

latex rings in just the right size might well be expanded and released around a woman's nipples though removal usually requires a razor-sharp blade and is quite dangerous
So that's what ring expander means. This all is just so far out of any territory of my experience. Pp does know about me and blades and how to do that but can we do without the latex rings...? :eek:
crush and head bail and calf cradle
My language fails me, what is all that? Are they really all gone so I don't need to know and worry?
Repertor has a fertile and, perhaps, febrile, mind. Who knows what he might make of all this

The good man Repertor has nothing to with this.

Not with his imagery and not with his wizardry.

I just shouldn't have said 'Oz'.

Now I'm definitely not anymore in any place I recognize...

Pp does have a calf-sized one in the cupboard somewhere along with all sorts of useful old stock handling equipment :D.

PP, I think your definition of "useful" is very different to mine!

I'm not sure I like the sound of that way of saying 'not ready'. As if someone had some ... training ... in mind there to change that. :eek:
Pp would not seek to train Malin as some mere domesticated hucow and will leave that fetish to others.

But Malin might present well as an elegant equine, trained for dressage, her poise and obedience on display beneath well-fitted harness.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Perhaps friend Repertor might illustrate or find the work of others here.

But Malin might present well as an elegant equine, trained for dressage, her poise and obedience on display beneath well-fitted harness.
Credit to artists

Attachments

• casey42 (2).jpg
    casey42 (2).jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 216
  • Slagblah .jpg
    Slagblah .jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 214
  • Slagblah (2) .jpg
    Slagblah (2) .jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 210
  • DirtierEddy (3).jpg
    DirtierEddy (3).jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 216
  • casey42.jpg
    casey42.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 215
  • DirtierEddy.jpg
    DirtierEddy.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 207
  • susanj.jpg
    susanj.jpg
    728.9 KB · Views: 221
  • DirtierEddy (2).jpg
    DirtierEddy (2).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 221
  • Kathyrne.jpg
    Kathyrne.jpg
    617 KB · Views: 213
  • IronHawk.jpg
    IronHawk.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 238
  • mopar126.jpg
    mopar126.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 222
Credit to artists
Some nicely trained and well turned out ponies there Repertor. But Pp doubts Malin would want her Master to take her in that direction.

image.jpg Always seems ro be one though, like our resident recalcitrant, who takes so much more effort on the part of her Mistress. And she is missing one of the key components of an elegant equine's trappings :devil:. And, no, it isn't her bit though Pp would prefer that to a ring gag there:D.

Not exactly how I remember "Ben Hur", but it's been a while.

If I recall, the girl on the inside is supposed to be the steadying influence for the team.
Well Pp's grandfather was still using a team of four to pull ironbark logs cut for strainer posts out to where we could get a truck in the 1960's and it was clear that traditional four in hand (2 pairs, one in front of the other) was always a more effective team than four abreast that always seemed to pull somewhat sideways.
The rear pair (the wheelers) were older, steadier and, errr, heavier (demerits here Pp..be careful in your descriptions :D). The leader was always harnessed on the near-side front.

But, yeah, in a team four abreast the near side girl (assuming an anti-clockwise course) should steady the team.

Here Pp is reminded of a poem Henry Lawson wrote called "The Teams". So a couple of verses...with just a few words changed .....

With face half-hid 'neath a broad-brimmed hat
That shades from the heat's white waves,
And shouldered whip with its green-hide plait,
Pp he plods with a gait like that
Of his weary, patient slaves.

He wipes his brow, for the day is hot,
And spits to the left with spite;
He shouts at 'Malin', and flicks the Scot,
And raises dust from the back of 'Spot',
And spits to the dusty right.​

Yes indeed I make a patient slave...
To be otherwise would attract the "green-hide plait".

But ... who is 'Spot'?
Henry chose that name and, to maintain his rhyme with 'hot' and the 'Scot' Pp thought, like Henry, to leave that weary, patient slave unidentified.

I'll chip in here with my version of Gerard Manley Hopkins'
'Harry Ploughman', from the point of view of the draught-slavegirl:

Supple-as-sallow limbs, with their gloss of silvery sweat
Glistering down, skip of her hips, her hind’s sides, lithe,
Sinew-plait thighs, calf-cushions, shins scythe –
Stretch and swing, sickle and scythe –

In her dark eyes fear, well tears, slave-nymphet set
Stripped-stretched. Each ripple of pillowy pelt, her form
That hither is swelling, thither is swallowed or scrolled –
Surging or scrolled –

While, as a whipthong wick, each learns as in ballet her role,
And blazons through bare skin each what skill she must perform –