Revenge of the Pulps

Go to CruxDreams.com
You'd be damned lucky to get $ 1,000 for a genre story today (speaking from personal experience). Producing content is a sure route to eating lots of ramen unless you have other sources of income. Thank you Jeff Bezos (et alia)
O tempora! O mores! (Oh what times! Oh what customs!) - Cicero, First Catilinarian

So many Pulps, so little time (even with a Tausendjähriges Reich, well tended thread). So here are a bunch of Mussolini's Italian Fumetti:
View attachment 625126rats
View attachment 625127Nazi?
View attachment 625129How many Nympho wives to change a light bulb? As many as you can get!
View attachment 625130Jewels' Italian side comes out in The Agent, The Angels, and The Vatican, coming soon to a sleazy book shop in your nearest combat zone!
Look at these eyes of the rat down below at the image edge! What has the rat seen that it is running away in panic?
1537652316312.png Or is it no rat but a well known rodent?

Man's Adventure March 1963 (good time, middle of 9th grade, testosterone flowing strongly in my veins [I've almost forgotten what testosterone is!], girl's laughing, giggling when I came near, good time to go to my room and think of what those Nazi's could do to girls and the girls couldn't do anything to stop them, and they could....Opps sorry, back to this magazine) Small format (anyone with a large format, PLEASE post!)
Mans-Adventure-March-1963-600x801.jpg
"Women by the thousands, rady to do anything...for a price" Let's make a deal!
"SEX-24 hours a day" sounds great, but, honestly, after 5 minutes, ??
"I could only stand in horror watching as my wife became a victim of...The People who Worship PAIN" If you make me watch? Please make me watch! Yes, Dear, I'll do what I can. Can I watch closer? What the Hell - serves the bitch right!
"Eyes flecked with hate... Fangs foaming with evil...Snarling Teeth of Slaughter" The spreading curse of Rabies? Your wife with PMS?
"An Introduction and guided tour The Happiest Harem in America" Heartwarming. Many Harems aren't happy; too many wives to old a man. This results in the horror "Man-Starved Nymphos!" again!

The cover with no blurb. Sometimes there's no accounting for taste. This is one of my favorite, most arousing, I've got to lock myself in the bathroom now, cover I've seen! The girl is so cute and so scared, her pageboy hair is sexy, the way he is holding her arms, her only partial nudity, revealing just right. The brand will make her squirm, and scream. I LOVE IT. Please post a bigger version!

Look at these eyes of the rat down below at the image edge! What has the rat seen that it is running away in panic?
View attachment 625133 Or is it no rat but a well known rodent?
By God, connoisseurs, you've caught it! RR running off to get his camera. I want to see his photo set here!

Probably still a week off, but Jewels and company are having a hot time in old Mehico. Is this article about them?
STAG, Aug 1957. James Bama art, Eva Lynd model-8x6.jpg
"More," the count demanded, tapping his checkbook. She continued to Strip, completely unaware of he hidden audience

A story after my heart

Author of the book "If you want to walk on water you´ve got to get out of the boat"
And here I thought you would need to know where the stones are lying...
Not if you have a friend in Jesus -

When I die and they lay me to rest
Gonna go to the place that's the best
When I lay me down to die
Goin' up to the spirit in the sky
Goin' up to the spirit in the sky
That's where I'm gonna go when I die
Gonna go to the place that's the best
Prepare yourself you know it's a must
Gotta have a friend in Jesus
So you know that when you die
He's gonna recommend you
To the spirit in the sky
Gonna recommend you
To the spirit in the sky
That's where you're gonna go when you die
When you die and they lay you to rest
You're gonna go to the place that's the best
Never been a sinner I never sinned
I got a friend in Jesus
So you know that when I die
He's gonna set me up with
The spirit in the sky
Oh set me up with the spirit in the sky
That's where I'm gonna go when I die
I'm gonna go to the place that's the best
Go to the place that's the best
Songwriters: Norman Greenbaum

So you know that when I die
He's gonna set me up with What A Line!
The spirit in the sky

Now that we've all learned to walk on water, back to Pulps.
Real Men June ? year, medium size
5768034347_fba54a317e_b.jpg
"How long will you stay alive? Read-The Great Poison Shroud Over your Town." A story that was pushing the legitimate need for additional environmental monitoring. But "How long will you live" I was there and I'm still going at 70! Cough, cough....HACK! Nurse Ratched, please turn the O2 setting higher, I need to get through this post!

An Amazing true adventure - Two wheels against the Sahara" Sounds interesting, I got nothing else.

"The strange story of America's women of the night... She doesn't want you!" As I have tried to explain to the knuckle draggers here, not all whores are in love with you. I mean, have you looked in the mirror? Have you smelt your breath? Have your tired to say something nice and caring? ('Suck It Baby' doesn't count) And whatever you see on these covers, all women are not nymphos and not all whores are either (though most of the ladies on this sight might be one or the other. LOL .......Incoming!!!! head for the bunker!)
Which brings us to the blurbless art. Classic Western look and style. Absolutely no hint as to what the trouble , but who cares? The girl (less undraped than most) is nice and scared. The guy is tough and ready, though a bit long of a mullet for back in the sixties. And he is making a fine fashion statement with his Western wear only slightly punctuated by the cool blue vest. Compare post #3. No Contest!

Continuing Western Untamed, March 1960, artist Ed Emshwiller Medium size
5869185669_63f9b18e01_b.jpg
"New, you can conquer you sex fears" What sex fears? Fears you want to kiss that guy at the end of the bar and your buddies from the office might not understand. OH, that fear!
"How you can make $50 a week in your spare time" Writing these stories - see Windar!
"Special, Paree's 12 Sauciest Showgirls" I'm in a hurry, just give me the top 10.
"The Banker, the Politicos and Clara Dooley's 40 Girls" How did I miss that during my 18 years as a Banker? Shit!

"Harpe's Last Ride" pretty nice art, girl's nice busting out, sorta tied. Guy's roughly handsome (yeah, I can judge that without a need to kiss the guy at the end of the bar! But, he is rather good looking. Maybe, I'll just go down and talk with him.) But blurb doesn't seem to promise much. But I have, on inside information, that the story itself is pretty wild. And, inside it’s promoted with a more typical pulpy subhead: “Robbery...murder...rape...no crime was too fiendish for Miciah Harpe and his brother. When he at last was caught, he died as he had lived — horribly.”

Peril August (The All Man's Magazine) August 1960 large size
7227312816_3aaf97a3e4_o.jpg
"O'Conner: Drunken Sex Fiend of the Caribbean" There goes Jewels' security clearance -his real name is out!
"Strange Tale of the Blonde Devil Dancer" She might be the devil, but she can do her blonde dance for me anytime.
"The G.I. who won a Harem" Then the hard-ass Major pointed out that gambling was against regulations

Artwork, "The Shark Who Hated Women" Art OK but only just so. Blurb is a problem. Is the whole thing a bait-and-switch for a story of a high-interest rate lender who wouldn't lend to women? Is is it really one of the stupidest ever! You decide.

"The Shark Who Hated Women" reminds me to point out that, though I believe Pulps were the second highest art form of the 20th century (only after some of Euer Führer's my early paintings) hitler-220_1725474f.jpgwunderbar!,

A few Pulps did not measure up, like that shark one. But for the sake of your education and completeness, I will include all, even ones not worth shaking Generalfeldmarschall Göring's Taktstockgoringbaton.jpga stick at.

Continuing Western Untamed, March 1960, artist Ed Emshwiller Medium size
View attachment 625655
"New, you can conquer you sex fears" What sex fears? Fears you want to kiss that guy at the end of the bar and your buddies from the office might not understand. OH, that fear!
"How you can make $50 a week in your spare time" Writing these stories - see Windar!
"Special, Paree's 12 Sauciest Showgirls" I'm in a hurry, just give me the top 10.
"The Banker, the Politicos and Clara Dooley's 40 Girls" How did I miss that during my 18 years as a Banker? Shit!

"Harpe's Last Ride" pretty nice art, girl's nice busting out, sorta tied. Guy's roughly handsome (yeah, I can judge that without a need to kiss the guy at the end of the bar! But, he is rather good looking. Maybe, I'll just go down and talk with him.) But blurb doesn't seem to promise much. But I have, on inside information, that the story itself is pretty wild. And, inside it’s promoted with a more typical pulpy subhead: “Robbery...murder...rape...no crime was too fiendish for Miciah Harpe and his brother. When he at last was caught, he died as he had lived — horribly.”
In the late 18th and early 19th century there were brothers, Big and Little Harp, notorious killers who both came to a bad end!

Male September 1967 artist Mort Kunstler, small size
Untitled.png
“The Passion Racers – A wild Flesh Kitten…A Ruthless Adventurer…And 1500 Miles of Non-Stop Violence ‘High Proof thriller’ – NYT” Sounds fun – wish I had it to read.

“First Facts on the Sex Survey That Out-shocks The Masters Report; What Woman Really Want From A Lover” Show of hands now, excluding you women, who doesn’t already know what women want from a lover. Really? All those hands? Not a Clue? Really!? Geeze, I do feel sorry for you women (BTW, I’m available! And I do know!)

“A Safety Expert’s Demand: ‘Ban those Murder-Cycles from Every U.S. Highway” That seems a bit harsh!

“Great Extra-Length Adventure, The Unkillable Six (pictured) They fought their way out of the Nazis’ ‘Foolproof’ POW Cage.” Sounds like a good adventure. BTW how many readers have been in a gym like the one pictured? We had that exact setup at my college. Also fun fact, what does the word ‘gymnasium’ mean? In Greek ‘naked place’. Ancient Greeks exercised and competed athletically while nude! Hey gals, would that make you more interested in watching sports with the lump on the sofa?

The real reason for highlighting this pulp is one of the inside stories

“Nude Pushover on Sinner’s Beach”
Male 1967 09 Sept - interior illo by Mort Kunstler-8x6.jpg
“Come down,” Gina said, “and I’ll give you something even better than money…”

“Her young, lithe, desire-laden body was the key to the missing fortune”

Pushes all my buttons! And great art. Just so you know Pulpers, that way of showing the belly drives me wild! And the rest isn’t bad!

Back
Top Bottom