Revenge of the Pulps

Go to CruxDreams.com
You mean they ignored the Japanese? :rolleyes:
To give the question the full answer it deserves, I am speaking of covers with B&B (not the brandy liquor which warms the Gaelic part of my heart - but bondage and bras). I would wildly estimate 50% Nazi, 25% Japanese and Red Chinese (they both looked the same to editors and readers), 10% Cuban, 5% Arab, 5% cycle gangs/hippies ( they both looked the same to editors and readers - go figure) and 5% assorted wierdoes. I always identified with the last, although those cool Nazi uniforms were very tempting ("Come on, boy, join the SS." "No, I don't like torturing people." "We have these sharp uniforms" "OK where do I sign?"

I think Barb and Goebbels had more of a business relationship than a friendship. She likes to consort with world leaders-the brother of the Sultan, the President of Zilawe, even the beloved President of these United States...
Or whores in Jamaica!

Women could not join the SS. I think you underestimate women's inherent sadism: after a while, females constituted the majority of the Gestapo.
Rudyard Kipling
When the early Jesuit fathers preached to Hurons and Choctaws,
They prayed to be delivered from the vengeance of the squaws.
'Twas the women, not the warriors, turned those stark enthusiasts pale.
For the female of the species is more deadly than the male.

Man's timid heart is bursting with the things he must not say,
For the Woman that God gave him isn't his to give away;
But when hunter meets with husbands, each confirms the other's tale—
The female of the species is more deadly than the male.

The full poem "The Female of the Species" is well worth a read for those in this Forum.

I suspect that in most cases, I would prefer the mercy of my fellow preverted males here, to the tender mercies of the sweet Ladies.

There goes you theory about the sharp uniforms, right?
It was the power to be evil that attracted the young, I believe
Agree, but don't underestimate the powerful desire of the young male to be part of a larger, more powerful group, bound together by oaths, and uniforms and common enemies. It started with the adolescent boys in the tribe, undergoing painful rite of adulthood to join the team of hunters. And every member of that team had to set aside his own goals and feelings, and serve the team. Human beings are full of wonderful, powerful instincts and drives. Unfortunately, these can be directed or misdirected for great good, or great evil.

End of Philosophy. It is anathema to Pulp!

Hey! Wait a minute, we all joined this site for the philosphy, history, cultural, good articles and good interviews stuff!:periodico:
As the dialog in Casablanca:
Renault: I've often speculated on why you don't return to America. Did you abscond with the church funds? Did you run off with a Senator's wife? I like to think that you killed a man. It's the romantic in me.

Rick: It's a combination of all three.

Renault: And what in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?

Rick: My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters.

Renault: The waters? What waters? We're in the desert.

Rick: I was misinformed.

Perhaps you were misinformed, Dear Loxuru?

BTW how do you pronounce your name? Rhymes with Luxor Egypt or Lucy Van Pelt?

Agree, but don't underestimate the powerful desire of the young male to be part of a larger, more powerful group, bound together by oaths, and uniforms and common enemies. It started with the adolescent boys in the tribe, undergoing painful rite of adulthood to join the team of hunters. And every member of that team had to set aside his own goals and feelings, and serve the team. Human beings are full of wonderful, powerful instincts and drives. Unfortunately, these can be directed or misdirected for great good, or great evil.

End of Philosophy. It is anathema to Pulp!

This recalls the Bar Mitzvah movie scene from "The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071155/
Hey! Wait a minute, we all joined this site for the philosphy, history, cultural, good articles and good interviews stuff!:periodico:
:angel2:
Didn't we?:roto2nuse::meparto:
And we read Playboy for the articles, too

View attachment 619717
I really love this setting; the tough gunslinger enters the town bar pushing both swinging doors aside. (BTW anyone know why the heck western bars always had swinging doors?)

But the comment question her comes, as it often does, from the story teaser-titles.

Is the the Man who Stole Arizona? Or is it Kitty, Queen of Deadwood?

Either one, its a fabulous outfit!

Yeah, the outfit he's wearing really has me gobsmacked. Why do we not see the white shirt below the jacket? Could it be he's cut off the shirt to make a sort of belly shirt/jacket ensemble? If so, it's an interesting, even daring fashion choice, especially for the Old West; but IMHO the effect is spoiled by the red union suit he's wearing underneath. If I were his fashion advisor, I would just tell to go for it. Lose the long handles, slip into a pair of low riders, and rock out that six-pack. Fuck it, man. You are Kitty, the Queen of Deadwood, and you're here to Steal Arizona!

Back
Top Bottom