Revenge of the Pulps

Go to CruxDreams.com
'Colter's Run'. Cornel Wilde's movie The Naked Prey (1965) was a story based on this event, but the movie scene was set in Africa.

Actually, I think "Run of the Arrow" (1957) with Rod Steiger and Brian Keith was probably closer, since it portrayed a Confederate veteran who was adopted by the Sioux after surviving the run of the arrow. A warrior shot an arrow and the prisoners would walk to where the arrow landed and then start running, with the Sioux running after them.

Actually, I think "Run of the Arrow" (1957) with Rod Steiger and Brian Keith was probably closer, since it portrayed a Confederate veteran who was adopted by the Sioux after surviving the run of the arrow. A warrior shot an arrow and the prisoners would walk to where the arrow landed and then start running, with the Sioux running after them.
Did you get the choice of who shot the arrow? Really important!

Police Files Magazine (The 60's precursor of Stan and Barb's stories)
detective2.jpg"Dope - dames - and sudden death - Was he really King of the White Slavers?"
I am often amazed at these cover photos where the tied up girl, about to suffer a fate worse than death, doesn't look scared, but defiant. Barbara Moore again!
Naked Truth, April 1965 - Vol. 1, No. 4, Natlus-8x6.jpgNaked Truth
"Playboy Pimp burns his Mistress Alive" Whew!
On the other hand, this girl doesn't look defiant at all.
15290953757_387bb0c971_k-600x938.jpgThe Dancing Detective
Now this girl is appropriately terrified!
Detective-Yearbook-1948-600x797.jpg1948 Detective Yearbook - my birth year.
This girl is appropriate in all ways!

Police Files Magazine (The 60's precursor of Stan and Barb's stories)
View attachment 664969"Dope - dames - and sudden death - Was he really King of the White Slavers?"
I am often amazed at these cover photos where the tied up girl, about to suffer a fate worse than death, doesn't look scared, but defiant. Barbara Moore again!
View attachment 664986Naked Truth
"Playboy Pimp burns his Mistress Alive" Whew!
On the other hand, this girl doesn't look defiant at all.
View attachment 664987The Dancing Detective
Now this girl is appropriately terrified!
View attachment 6649881948 Detective Yearbook - my birth year.
This girl is appropriate in all ways!
Welcome Erin! Your first time here?

With that difference that Steiger's character is apparently adopted by those who made him submit to the run, while in The Naked Prey, the whole story is about Wilde's character being relentlesly hunted down by the tribe that captured him.

With that difference that Steiger's character is apparently adopted by those who made him submit to the run, while in The Naked Prey, the whole story is about Wilde's character being relentlesly hunted down by the tribe that captured him.
If you run a race like that you need the right shoes:
gotta-win-3rd-time_o_7261098.jpg

Great Collection!
#4 has long been a favorite of mine.
#7 is so good. You just keep wondering what he will do with the torch? I'm rooting to burn off the white blouse to expose singed breasts!

View attachment 665360

The ruins of Stonehenge? I think it was meant to look that way. :D
Oh Eulalia, haven't you been getting enough sleep? Missed your daily hurdle reddening?

Look at the blurb: "At Sunrise a Weird Cult Still Haunts the Ruins of Stonehenge -offering up Human Sacrifices?"

My, my, girl -far below your usual standard - I sentence you to twenty of the best!

Or - Villa Grimaldi!

Look at the blurb: "At Sunrise a Weird Cult Still Haunts the Ruins of Stonehenge -offering up Human Sacrifices?"
That's what I did read - I know some are saying Historic England are ruining Stonehenge,
but it's still a good place for weddings, bar-mitzvahs and classy human sacrifices :devil:

They were even more embarrassed later when it was shown that Aberdeen isn't in Scotland. It was a Hotel in Longport, NJ
View attachment 665492
I stayed there as a kid! Later some town in Scotland stole the name!
BTW, the beaches on the Jersey shore (I'm not talking the man-made facilities and amusements, I'm talking the sand beaches) are the best beaches in the world. If you like beautiful sand and nice surf, and you haven't been there, you must go sometime (I'd recommend Ocean City highest - but be sure to stop in Margate to See Lucy the Elephant! Kids love her - I did!)
-8be5091091e18789.jpgfixedw_large_4x.jpg

Man's Epic January 1970
Mans-Epic-January-1970-600x800.jpg"Where Ski Bunnies Go to Run Wild" January to hit the Peak Ski Season
"$10,000 for your Corpse!" Wow! I'm just thinking what I could do with that money! But I guess I'd have to be dead?
"Special Report: Inside the hottest Passion Spa South of the Border" Pequeña Trianon run by a sweet guy named Niño Malo!
"The Sizzling Nympho Who Out-Smarted the Soviets' KGB" Sizzling Nympho - clearly an interesting and realistic story!
Cover: "Operation Blood: Get Hitler's Maiden Butchering Sadist" No, not an early version of Tree's WTF.
Maiden's, Butchering, Sadists? Got to be good!
Nice cover art, even if no torture or even much skin (at least good cleavage). It does look like tough situation of our people (assuming you root for the Amerikanisch Schweinehunde); The hero guy has landed a good punch to stop the one soldier with the pistol firing (unusual since the Nazi Lugers always jammed in these stories), but the sweet young thing in the foreground is no match for the Aryan superman whose won Das Eiserne Kreuz. And if he has ignited the Stielhandgranate, they all have less than 4 1/2 seconds left to struggle.

Both movies (The Naked Prey & Run of the Arrow) were based on the John Colter story. The real story was pretty amazing on it's own
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Colter

Back
Top Bottom