Revenge of the Pulps

Go to CruxDreams.com
46811522-8318595698_897d8e535e_o1-600x1047.jpg
Her wedding was a riot — even the sheriff stayed all night

From the back:

Luscious was the word for Julie. In that bawdy southern town, men didn’t just look at her — they goggled. And here, in the bold, earthy realism of Erskine Caldwell, is the hilarious tale of what happened when they all goggled at once…

Julie can take credit for inspiring the invention of a great web search engine!

Thank you. I am close to speechless! Such wonderful contributions.

#5 is a manip of a mag cover. I have it on file at home but not with me now, so I'll post and comment on that on Wed.
#4 is lusciously ridiculous, with the Nazi torturess exhibiting the required cleavage in record amount.
#3 leaves you with great respect for the magician, who supplements his performance revenues by "recycling" the ladies he makes disappear. If we allow ourselves to be in the time of publication, it goes very risque and leaves wonderful room for imagination of the "fate worse than death," awaiting the women!
#2 is the art that I call breathless. It's like prose where the author has so many ideas, he jumbles them all together (I have been accused, unfairly, of course, of that). He has her partially tied to the wheel while our native-american brother rushes at her holding a bow in one hand and arrows in the other??? And where the hell is the cow puncher?? Girl is nice DID though.
#1 A first glance seems a lovely whip art. But on closer inspection, note how the whip blends into her bra strap? What is that supposed to be?

Thanks again

668864-6ca2f1b6d9015187b95994c8326ed721.jpg
'THE DAMNED MAY DANCE WITH SATAN'
I thought was a comment on our esteemed Prime Minister! :p

View attachment 668523
Her wedding was a riot — even the sheriff stayed all night

From the back:

Luscious was the word for Julie. In that bawdy southern town, men didn’t just look at her — they goggled. And here, in the bold, earthy realism of Erskine Caldwell, is the hilarious tale of what happened when they all goggled at once…

Julie can take credit for inspiring the invention of a great web search engine!
George Milburn was from Eastern Oklahoma (a few levels up from its neighbor, Northwest Arkansas.) He wrote several critically acclaimed books about the area.51ruQJ7Le4L._SX303_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg71a17B-cmmL._SY445_.jpg6797995087_e821fcbf27_b.jpga7f7415a6a6ed67f4762a7b4bf00bdae.jpgdownload (1).jpgs-l300.jpgwith multiple pulp covers

From the Oklahoma Historical Society:

In 1931 Harcourt published Oklahoma Town, a collection of short stories set in a small town. The next year Die Stadt Oklahoma, a German translation, sold in Europe. In 1932 he spent time in Sarasota Springs, New York, on invitation from the Trask Foundation. He stayed on the East Coast until he went to Europe in 1934 on a John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Fellowship.

In 1933 Milburn followed the critically successful Oklahoma Town with No More Trumpets, a collection of short stories set in a variety of American locales. Again, a majority of national critics hailed the novel. Catalogue followed in 1936, his first novel, set again in a small Oklahoma town. In 1947 he wrote Flannigan's Folly, depicting an Irish farmer in eastern Oklahoma, which was translated into Italian in 1949. His last published novel, Julie, appeared in 1956 as a paperback. He based the book's plot on Chaucer's "The Miller's Tale" but set it in Oklahoma.

From Man's World, April 1969
32045602-norem_the_cycle_ravishers_mansworld69apr1-600x410.jpgEx GI's taking on those Evil Motorcycle Rape gangs. For a change, we have a babe holding her top closed!
UnderWorld Magazine, July 1929
Underworld-Magazine-July-1929-600x841.jpgNice red-head DID. Swastika - not Nazi
Sally by Alan Marshall - The Girl Who Was Willing To Try Anything Once
6283327768_39c4d681a0_o-600x1010.jpgFrom the back:
“Of course I like men,” Sally said. “Why shouldn’t I?” Yeah!:clapping:
“Because men are animals,” Marie said. “They don’t want to satisfy a woman. Only themselves.” - Totally Untrue! Well, mostly untrue! It is somewhat untrue. :( Untrue some times? Rarely untrue? :facepalm:
“But what you’re saying, Marie is so . . . so DIRTY!” Yes it is! Resist! :rolleyes:
“No it isn’t, Sally. It’s the cleanest thing in the world, a woman’s love for a woman. Won’t you let me show you?” That might be interesting, I guess.;)
“Yes,” she whispered. Oh shit! Just go for it then! But let us men watch! :clapping::very_hot:

Back
Top Bottom