Revenge of the Pulps

Go to CruxDreams.com
I also loved those! Thank you!
Here is more of Margaret Brundage's works
19260107-wtdec34b-600x884.jpg19260109-wtjuly36b-600x908.jpg19260118-wtsept34b-600x896.jpg20910754-lf-600x894.jpg
More to follow
Who apparently didn’t live long enough to see any income from the collections of her work.
There wasn't all that much money. The original painting of this lovely work
Held-Against-Her-Will-Weird-Tales-pulp-magazine-cover-600x804.jpg
sold for only $43,000 at auction.

True Danger Magazine
6831849687_33f6969021_b.jpg
"Expose: Teen-Age 'Love for sale' Girls!" If they're selling, I'm buying!
"The French Room of 1,000 nudes" As my Gefolgsmanns followers know, I love the French girls (e.g. @messaline ), and nude is great! But 1,000? Isn't that a bit of overkill?
"Warning: Love Gadgets that could Kill you" Very valuable information. Like: "Boys, don't use your Mom's canister vacuum cleaner to masturbate! Ugly possibilities!:eek:
Cover Story: "The Heinous Hyenas of Hell" - Top points for Alliteration! The girl is very nicely drawn. The hyenas have been better trained than most of the animal attackers. Note one is stripping her and the other looking for the "pot-of-gold!" Hapless male rescuer down with a spear through his shoulder, Sadist, gun-toting redhead (all great) supervising our heroine's torture-death. Excellent

I thought that show was called "Paladin." Of course I was 5 or 6 when it was on.
From Wikipedia:
In the medieval chanson de geste cycle of the Matter of France, the paladins or Twelve Peers are the twelve foremost knights of Charlemagne's court, comparable to the Knights of the Round Table in Arthurian romance. They represent the valour of Christian chivalry against the Saracen invasion of Europe. Their most notable appearance is in The Song of Roland, narrating the heroic death of Roland at the Battle of Roncevaux Pass.

Hence the chess knight as his logo.

Man’s Book December 1967
6606402341_9025Dec 1967.jpg
“Sex for Supper – Those Bachelor Girl Parties and You!” What’s for Dessert?
“Fantastic Raid on the Nazis’ Desert Brothel” The police shut down another venue supporting sex-workers. How Victorian!
“Expose: 10 Truths that can affect your Virility” This I need! (Not that I’m not already sehr männlich, very virile! – Of course I am!) But I have a friend who might be showing his age!
“I Want my Woman to Dominate Me – Here’s Why!” Pay attention all the sweet female Doms out there!
Cover Story – “Initiation in Hell for the Maidens of Agony!” Nice art and scene. In the background, soldiers are preparing to bury alive one fetching girl – definitely an initiation in Hell. In the foreground, the officer is stripping an particularly nicely developed maiden tied to a post. Is he going to burn her at the stake? Slowly apply fire to parts of her body, causing hideous pain, slowly consuming her?

I thought that show was called "Paladin." Of course I was 5 or 6 when it was on.
It was called "Have Gun Will Travel".
There were so many of these things back then that people used to debate which actor had the quickest draw. I imagine some people made a good living writing just the theme songs.
The business has declined nowadays, and the infrastructure is increasingly dependent on tourism.

It was called "Have Gun Will Travel".
There were so many of these things back then that people used to debate which actor had the quickest draw. I imagine some people made a good living writing just the theme songs.
The business has declined nowadays, and the infrastructure is increasingly dependent on tourism.

And the good guys wore white and sang, while the bad guys wore black and sneered

And the good guys wore white and sang, while the bad guys wore black and sneered
Another reason that HGWT was so great. Paladin was the first hero to wear all black. And in the pilot episode he quoted the "Scottish Play."
it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

How come, given the times, wasn’t Dale Evans called Dale Rogers? :confused:
She had a career as an actress for almost ten years before they married. When they first met in 1944 (cast together in "The Cowboy and the Senorita") they were married to others. Dale was divorced in 1945 and Roy's wife died in childbirth in 1946. They married in 1947 and she kept her stage name (her first husband was Butts - hardly an actress's name)

Man’s Book July 1964
91P0UTsDK4L._SL1500_.jpg
“Expose: The Scandal of our Amateur Prostitutes.” Something I want to investigate personally. Kinda like Barbara Moore in Stuttgart.
“10 Clues that Mark You a Sexual Weakling” #1 She’s the boss; #2 You let her get her way; #3 You let her get away with “I don’t do THAT!”; #4 You use the word “Please?” with her. #5 You can’t get it up; #6 You still can’t get it up; #7 You STILL can’t get it up!; #8 - #10 See #5 - #7.
“Muck-Mud-Murder at the Devil’s Roadblock” Got the triple alliteration. Doesn’t sound like a “clean killing”.
“The Incredible Sex Swindle of Italy’s Kraut-Killing Wantons” This has got almost everything! Sex – Swindles – Kraut-Killing and Wantons (Italian, no less).
“The Death Ballet of the Nazi’s TORTURED VIRGINS” Usually I’m bored to tears by ballet. But this one sounds interesting. After all, I have a soft spot for tortured virgins.
Cover: Can’t really tell which of the last two is the blurb for the cover. Maybe Swindle due to the suitcase full of money (and grenades! Note Allied manufacture. Not German “potato masher”). I find the depiction of the girls (virgins or wantons?) very realistic and arousing.
(BTW – that’s me in the background behind my desk. Don’t I cut a dashing figure in my uniform, girls?)

Man's Action March 1964, John Duillo, artist
MansAction March 1964 JohnDuillo.jpg
"Looking for a New Job? Salary + Girls?" Well, YEAH! "Money for Nothing, Chicks for Free!" - Bouncer in a high-priced bordello.
"The Richest Treasure ever known - 53 Million Dollars in Gold ($1.5 Billion today) in the straights of Korea" :eek: What if Kim Jong Un got hold of it? It's our patriotic duty to find that gold before he does!
"Combat History: The War that never Ended-The Bloody Story of the 100th Infantry Division." During the Battle of the Bulge, the 100th was tasked with defending the line in Bitche, France (in the Moselle Region - nice wine), repulsing fierce German counterattacks of 1 and 8–10 January 1945. The citadel of Bitche:
330px-Bitsch_036.jpgThanks to a stout defense, the men of the 100th later became known as the "Sons of Bitche"
Cover Story:
"The Patucho Pirates and the Girl in the Polka Dot Bikini" Nicely alliterative title. I find this artwork extremely hot. The girl and her body, the Bikini with a strap already broken, being tied to the wheel for who knows what evil plan. :very_hot::very_hot:

Back
Top Bottom