The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
My wife and I went to see a high school play with my ex-wife and her husband last night (long story for another time) a the Catholic high school in Washington, Missouri. Their twin seniors were in the play (Sisters' Act) with the boy doing a cameo appearance (he is killed in the first five minutes) but he ran the lights for the two hour play. His sister had one of the two female leads and she was superb.

So what does this have to do with the coffee shop...

Old friends sit on the park bench like bookends...

So how did our 'down under' friends get by in the storm? Tree is rushing supplies to them that the UN never thinks to send.
tree plane 002.jpg
...like booze, cigarettes, and Madame Wu's...

T

...no Ulrika the picture is not upside down!!! We are south of the equator...

Sleep well all

So how did our 'down under' friends get by in the storm? Tree is rushing supplies to them that the UN never thinks to send.
View attachment 487190
...like booze, cigarettes, and Madame Wu's...

T

...no Ulrika the picture is not upside down!!! We are south of the equator...

Sleep well all

Thanks Tree we just got some rain here in Sydney, but we've had the better part of 6 weeks of it anyway so Debbie was no big deal.
Up in Brisbane they had a lot of rain (I'm talking shitloads) and localised flooding, and in other parts of Queensland and northern NSW major flooding, Rockhampton and Lismore particularly badly hit.
8427696-3x2-700x467.jpg 55-927682-rok050111-flood-c6_t620.jpg Rockhampton-floods.jpg Screen_Shot_2017-04-02_at_8.03.28_AM.png

It was quite a storm
Screen_Shot_2017-04-02_at_8.02.44_AM.png

PP was going camping, I hope he didn't get washed away!

whatever happened homes instead of houses...
That was supposed to say whatever happened to homes instead of houses... My bad... No wonder no one found the song...

It is 'Holy Saturday' in mid-America and about 3 hours until Easter Sunday here. I am not very religious (you have noticed???) but I do believe in God. Do I know what he, she, or is- no... I just believe there is something beyond me (and think about that... so should you). So whoever blesses you I wish the most for you...

T

That was supposed to say whatever happened to homes instead of houses... My bad... No wonder no one found the song...

It is 'Holy Saturday' in mid-America and about 3 hours until Easter Sunday here. I am not very religious (you have noticed???) but I do believe in God. Do I know what he, she, or is- no... I just believe there is something beyond me (and think about that... so should you). So whoever blesses you I wish the most for you...

T
...and now that our friends at 00:00 GMT have tossed the Easter Bunny and the that 'risen Christ' thing we return to our regularly scheduled debauchery...
tree cronkite.jpg
And that's the way it was, Sunday, April 16, 2017...

Walter Tree

The Coffee Shop needs some new recruits for the grinding mills...and here they are being driven to work!
View attachment 491772
And very soon they are all happily at work grinding those beans.
View attachment 491773
There are many uses for grinding wenches beyond just coffee! Through history they have been used to power well-pumps, winding the town's tower clock, etc.
Ladies it is steady work!!!

Last edited:
So here is the story. We have had 3 1/2" of rain in the last 18 hours after getting 1 1/2" Wednesday. None of the rain today is soaking in. Tree lives in a hilly area so all this is raising creeks, streams, and rivers. The Tree house is safe (unless we get 400 feet of rain) but I could be trapped by flash-flooding tomorrow. Then by Tuesday I could be trapped by rivers rising from the runoff.

Fear not! I will stock up on frozen dinners, mac and cheese, 50 cans of cat food...
(for the cats, you morons -Tree Moe)
Moe_Howard.jpg
...a few bags of dry cat food, two cases of Busch and 4 1.75 liter bottles of Seagram's 7... and whatever the wife wants...

We'll be OK!!!

Back
Top Bottom