The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
Now the festive season approaches, some of you may be wondering why there is a fairy on top of the Christmas tree. Well, here is the answer -
A long time ago Father Christmas called all the fairies together and gave them a Christmas tree. He told them they were to go out into the world and leave their tree in all the homes. So, off they went, but as with any organization there is always one. All the fairies came back empty handed as except for one who was still holding her Christmas tree in her hand.
"Why didn't you leave it in a home as I told you to," said Father Christmas.
"Well," replied the fairy, "I didn't know where to put it."
So Father Christmas told her - and that's why there'e a fairy on top of the Christmas tree.

View attachment 647791
Wonderful. What movie is that from?

Why was American meat included with other inferior meat?

Did American citizens think their meat inferior at that time (I would imagine not!)

Was American meat shipped to Britain during WW1 shortages under suboptimal conditions, perhaps poorly chilled for the journey, or frozen then allowed to thaw at the wrong temperatures, so the British were not eating it at it's best, and the reputation continued?
I have just two words to respond to a British idea of inferior American Beef - MAD COW

Should you be worried about your Christmas stocking?

View attachment 649553
To explain the un-explainable, to rationalize the irrational, to pick holes in the beautiful, where is the fun in that! Some of what is the very best in this world is not of this world. We can chalk this bit of humour up to fantasy. Smile, and leave it at that.
Tons of poorly digested cookies and milk flying overhead in an unlicensed aircraft, pulled by reindeer.

Back
Top Bottom