The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
Well, the day after 9/11/2001 the entire airspace of the US was shut down. Apparently some guy (how he got a pilot's license I'll never understand) didn't realize it, and took off in his plane from a "civil aviation" airport (why they didn't stop him I'll never understand) to pick up his daughter from her college. He was forced down by an Air National Guard F-16. I hope the Tree Secret Airport (TSA) is sophisticated enough to avoid that.
Not a chance. The management and air traffic controllers are usually drunk or out hunting for blue state brides.
Good and bad thoughts... I will spend the night sorting this...

I hope the Tree Secret Airport (TSA) is sophisticated enough to avoid that.
Sophisticated enough to avoid take off, or sophisticated enough to keep him off the National Guard's radar?:confused:

Not a chance. The management and air traffic controllers are usually drunk or out hunting for blue state brides.

Anyway, I thought Arkansas was a no-fly zone for that reason.:facepalm:

Apparently some guy (how he got a pilot's license I'll never understand)
"Oh, it is you, Mister Lindbergh!?":doh:

It is Saturday evening Midwest USA daylight savings time and early tomorrow morning the F1 race at
AZERBAIJAN is going to happen. I have seen pictures of the place and it looks like a neat road coarse laid out on an old city's streets.

Two things bothered me. I have never heard of Azerbaijan and the sewer lid covers were being sucked up and hitting cars going over them.

Azerbaijan looks like it is just east of Turkey. I'm OK with that. The race organizers said the sewer lids were welded to the their mounting rings but no one checked if the mounts had rusted from their mounts. They have all entered the Democrat race to US president in 2020...

I missed the date on Friday, April 19. But too important to skip.

April 19, 1775, immortalized:

Concord Hymn
BY RALPH WALDO EMERSON
Sung at the Completion of the Battle Monument, July 4, 1837

By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
Their flag to April’s breeze unfurled,
Here once the embattled farmers stood
And fired the shot heard round the world.

The foe long since in silence slept;
Alike the conqueror silent sleeps;
And Time the ruined bridge has swept
Down the dark stream which seaward creeps.

On this green bank, by this soft stream,
We set today a votive stone;
That memory may their deed redeem,
When, like our sires, our sons are gone.

Spirit, that made those heroes dare
To die, and leave their children free,
Bid Time and Nature gently spare
The shaft we raise to them and thee.

View attachment 698809

And not to forget the other fallen heroes:
View attachment 698810
And Lexington

I hate to complain......but....
Where's my goddamn COFFEE ?!
Jeezus H Christ,service round here sure is lousy,do they grind the beans by hand,or what....?!

the sewer lid covers were being sucked up and hitting cars going over them.
Baku has one of the richest oil fields in the world. I would rather be worried that the suction of the cars would trigger an oil fountain, like those Baku's oil industry has been (in)famous for.

Attachments

• baku1.jpg
    baku1.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 33
  • baku2.jpg
    baku2.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 32
  • baku3.jpg
    baku3.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 29
  • baku4.jpg
    baku4.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 64
It is Saturday evening Midwest USA daylight savings time and early tomorrow morning the F1 race at
AZERBAIJAN is going to happen. I have seen pictures of the place and it looks like a neat road coarse laid out on an old city's streets.

Two things bothered me. I have never heard of Azerbaijan and the sewer lid covers were being sucked up and hitting cars going over them.

Azerbaijan looks like it is just east of Turkey. I'm OK with that. The race organizers said the sewer lids were welded to the their mounting rings but no one checked if the mounts had rusted from their mounts. They have all entered the Democrat race to US president in 2020...

It has a jolly national anthem

Now I come to think of it, I believe the very talented Emarukk on DeviantArt
may be Azerbaijani, at least he has connections with, and a deep knowledge of,
that country - his work is set in a kind of mythical version of that land in ancient times

vahagnians emarukk.jpg

Now I come to think of it, I believe the very talented Emarukk on DeviantArt
may be Azerbaijani, at least he has connections with, and a deep knowledge of,
that country - his work is set in a kind of mythical version of that land in ancient times

View attachment 701272

Hearing the plaintive notes of the duduk yesterday brought an awful realisation -
Emarukk isn't Azeri, he's Aremenian. That's about as appalling a diplomatic blunder
as muddling Turk and Greek :eek: :spank:

(notes: a duduk is an Armenian woodwind instrument,
and Azerbaijan and Armenia have been more or less at war
over the enclave of Nagorno Karabakh since the USSR fell apart)

Nudes by Richard Avedon
Models: Isabella Rosselini, Nadja Auermann, Farrah Summerford, Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington, Isabelle Adjani, Contessa Christina Paolozzi, Stephanie Seymour, Nastassja Kinski, Monica Bellucci.

View attachment 703111View attachment 703112View attachment 703113View attachment 703114View attachment 703115
View attachment 703116View attachment 703117View attachment 703118View attachment 703119View attachment 703120

To think that almost all these images
(Winter/Spring/Summer/Autumn
were contained in a single issue of French PHOTO makes this
boy proud we Scots invented colour photography.

330px-Tartan_Ribbon.jpg
James Clark Maxwell 1855

Great selection, Mr. E!

Back
Top Bottom